Our Love Isn't Perfect, But It's True

Chapter 11

I was all set in my fighting clothing and waiting for Smokey to give me the signal. From there, I would sneak downstairs and out the back door. Then I would jog down towards the barn in the long way to Kletka, through the woods. I couldn't take one of the cars. Dad would definitely notice the noise and/or it was gone.

So it's not really that smart to run alone at night through the woods when your stalker knows where you live and wants you dead. But, I really didn't have a choice today. Everyone was busy. Smokey, Ethan and Josie were obviously covering for me. Kris and Alex were on a date. Trent had a dinner with his parent's business that he was required to go to. And Tyler...well I don't really know what Tyler's doing.

I heard Smokey whistled a short tune from wherever she happened to be, signaling me that it was time to get out of here and fast. I sprinted quietly out the door and downstairs, out the back door, slowing to a jog when I reached the barn.

All was quiet outside as I jogged through the woods. The thought in my head was maybe Psycho didn't know about the trail through the wooded part of the farm. Maybe it was naive to think that way, but what else could I do?

As I came out on the other side of the forest, I let out a high-pitched shriek as something grabbed me around my waist. I spun around quickly and was about to punch out whoever held me, when I recognized the sheepish grin of none other than...

"Tyler? What the hell!" I whisper-shouted, glaring at him. Tyler bit his lip to keep himself from bursting out into laughter.

"Sorry, sorry! But your face was priceless!" he said with his arms still wrapped around me. I sighed and rolled my eyes, smiling at him. "It was Ethan's idea. He said I should meet you up here, but I didn't think you'd be that freaked out after coming out of the forest."

"Why wouldn't I be with you-know-who running around?" I answered.

"Voldemort?" Tyler asked, mock confusion on his face. I laughed and rolled my eyes, slapping Tyler lightly. There he was, always trying to cheer me up. I pulled myself out of his grip and grabbed his hand. Tyler and I walked the rest of the way to Kletka like that.

We walked into the back door of the old building where Kletka was stashed. I didn't feel like going through the front where mods of people were. Mostly because I was late and didn't want to see those mobs of people or listen to them. So we went straight into the locker rooms. Once inside I saw Alexandra, Nicoletta and Kris standing together and talking.

"I didn't know you guys had fights tonight," I said, pulling Tyler over to them. Nicole looked up at us and smiled excitedly. Alex just shook her head and rolled her eyes at her oh-so-enthusiastic sister.

"We don't," Kris said, "But Nicole knew you had fights and wanted to check the place out where her sister fights." I nodded and mouthed an 'O.' Just then, Jackson walked in. He glanced at Tyler and frowned, but didn't say anything. I'm sure the two of them will share a few glare when I'm not looking. Stupid boys and their stupid grudges.

"Sorry guys, but you need to get going. I reserved a place right outside the ring for you guys," Jackson said. The others nodded and began heading out the door. I saw Jackson make eye-contact with Nicoletta. His jaw dropped and he immediately turned to me, mouth open to ask the question I already knew he was going to ask.

"That's Nicoletta. Alex's older sister. Yes, she's your age. Yes, her dad is an Italian mafia boss. And yes, she's single," I said, holding up a finger for each question of his I answered. "Anything else?" Jackson shook his head and smiled dreamily. I rolled my eyes and snapped in his face. "Earth to Jack. I got a fight to...well, fight."

"Yeah. Sorry. Well the crowd pleaser guy canceled. Heard about your rep and didn't want to fight you anymore... and he got shot in a drive-by. But don't freak out, he was in his neighborhood. Not around here or anything," he added quickly, seeing my freaked out face. I sighed and shook my head.

"Whatever, I just want to fight Dagger and get it over with," I answered. Jackson nodded and headed out into the ring. I heard him begin talking like Jackson does, into the microphone and announcing the only fight of the night.

"Shadow versus Dagger, who will prevail?" I took that as my cue to walk out. People were cheering and banging on the fence. It was strange how full Kletka seemed tonight, but I didn't care that much. Dagger was in the ring, and I thought I recognized him from school. He had jet black hair that hung down into his face and piercing hazel eyes that almost looked golden. I flinched when our eyes met and he glared at me.

We shook hands, judging each other's grips as we did. You can tell a lot about a fighter from their handshake. Then we retreated to our side of the ring. I heard the signal for the fight to begin, but neither of us moved from our initial positions. We just stared each other down.

"That means go!" someone shouted from audience. I rolled my eyes and began to circle, crouching down with my fists up, waiting for him to strike. When Dagger did, I ducked out of the way and kept back, not falling for his tricks. Dagger smirked at me and rolled his eyes.

"Aren't you going to fight?" he asked me, loud enough so everyone could hear.

"Sorry, but I'm not going to be tricked into losing," I answered, dodging on the last syllable when he struck out. Dagger then through another punch to my other side that I dodged as well. I blocked his third hit and threw one of my own right up into his chin. But Dagger grabbed my other wrist as I hit him, and spun me into the cage wall. I gasped, not expecting that.

Still, Dagger held on to my wrist. So, I tripped him and pushed him to the ground where he landed on his back and I straddled his waist. I pulled my wrist from him and began to throw punches at his face. But Dagger caught my hands again and flipped us over. He then dragged me to my feet and smirked at me.

"He told me you would try that move," he murmured, bringing his face close to mine. I stared at him incredulously. Then Dagger added, "He also told me how to get out of it." He threw me to the ground then and I crumpled to my side, shocked by what he had said.

"He wanted to mentor me, so you would know what it feels like to be beat by someone who isn't as great as you, but knows your weaknesses," Dagger continued, so only I could hear him. He then kicked me as hard as possible right in my stomach. I heard a loud gasp come throughout the crowd. Then everything went silent as they waited for me to get up, but my breath was knocked out of me.

I pulled myself to mu hands and knees, but he just kicked me down again. I had to come up with a plan and fast. I slid and crawled over to the chain link, pulling myself to my feet with it. But Dagger was right behind me. He grabbed me by the neck and turned me around to face him, pushing me so hard into the fence I'm sure my back would bruise in that pattern.

"Is this familiar?" he hissed, smirking a cocky smirk and nearly choking me out. With that he let go and turned around, walked to the exit of the rink. I slid down the wall and watched Dagger leave. "I believe this fight is over."

"If you leave now, you forfeit," Jackson told Dagger as he was about to leave. Dagger smirked at Jackson and then looked back at me.

"It's alright. Shadow and I know who really won." With that, he disappeared.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry! I didn't realize how long it's been! Hope you liked this chapter.

Add me on facebook, loviez! :D facebook.com/madirai.author

Take my poll! I know it's on Quizilla, but you don't have to have an account to take it. :D http://quizilla.teennick.com/polls/17947874/im-curiouswhos-your-favorite-character