Our Love Isn't Perfect, But It's True

Chapter 5

It seemed like deja vu. Standing in my room and looking at myself in the full length mirror, decked out in my fighting outfit. My black shorts and sports bra, as well as black Converse. The only updated thing I wore was black leather driving gloves that are amazing for punching.

"You ready?" a voice spoke from the doorway. I turned to find Kris, who had volunteered to drive me to Kletka for the initiation fights. He had been a long-time initiator for the fight club. Jackson only ever kept three: Kris, a man who took the name of Shard, and now me. Jackson had told me that I would be replacing a retired Kletka member named Spike, who happened to be the initiator I fought and beat in my first battle.

It was kind of a weird turn of events...

Anyway, I smiled at Kris, actually incredibly excited. "Of course! Ready to kick some newbie ass," I answered. Kris laughed and hooked arms with me before skipping downstairs. And guess who we met in the living room?

"Where are you two going?" Dad asked, narrowing his eyes as Kris and I adopted innocent expressions. I racked my brain for an excuse. After all, my dad didn't know I fought. He was probably even wondering why I was dressed like this.

"Alex wanted to try out karate. But she didn't want to go alone, so Mick and I volunteered to go with her," Kris said smoothly, keeping a confident look. I would have to compliment him on his quick thinking skills later. Really, it was the perfect excuse if we came home with bruises and such.

"Oh," my dad said, staring at me for a moment. I gave an enthusiastic smile, hoping to convince him. Dad continued, "Ok, well have fun!" With that he walked off into the living room to return watching his football game with Ethan and Smokey.

"So is Alex meeting us there?" I asked as we walked out to Kris's car. He nodded in reply. If your wondering, I had told my friends beforehand. Everyone either had to work, or was busy with some other event. Tyler told me he would get there as soon as he got off work at the bar and grill.

"Yeah, both Alex and I have one fight tonight. Mine is an initiation, but Alex's is just some kid who's already in and trying to climb the ladder to the top. If he beats her, he'll fight Johnny Boy next, then me, then you. I have to say, this kid isn't half bad," Kris answered, hopping into the car and taking off towards the secret fighting club.

Just an update: Since Alex started fighting at Kletka, she has been increasingly getting better with each practice. Kris is teaching her himself, just like he taught me. Alex has only lost two fights, and she's won seven. Pretty good stats if I do say so myself.

"She'll be up first, no doubt. But Jackson hasn't released the line-up for....Er....safety issues," Kris muttered, shrugging one shoulder at me. I shrugged as non-chalantly as possible, though deep down I knew what he meant. My safety.

We pulled into the parking lot and walked into the locker room in silence. A few minutes into our warm-ups, Alex skipped in with a tall, dark haired man with nearly black eyes named Shard. I smiled at him, and Shard just stared, not really caring. Ok then, Moody pants.

"Hi Mick!" Alexandra chirped happily, before leaning up to give Kris a light kiss. I nodded my 'hello' before Jackson's voice rang over the intercom. He announced Alex and Dagger, which I assumed was the fighter Kris mentioned earlier. So Alex raced off into the ring.

I'll tell you, it was a pretty uneventful night, other than the fact Alex lost. I mean, it was strange, the way Dagger fought. He mainly just tired out his opponents with dodging and small sharp attacks to keep them fighting back. Kris beat his one opponent, who didn't get enough points to make it into Kletka. And lastly, I won all my fights too. There was a young kid, maybe fifteen or sixteen, that looked a lot like Shard. I didn't find out until later that it was his younger brother. Anyway, the kids would find out next Kletka battle if they were in or not. So yeah, uneventful.

"Mick!" a voice spoke from behind me as I packed my things into my locker. I shut the locker shut just as arms slid around my waist. I smiled and turned around in them to face Tyler who immediately pecked me on the lips. "I'm sorry I'm late," he said, leaning his forehead against mine. "Let me make it up to you. Ice cream in the park?"

"That sounds wonderful," I murmured, closing my eyes.

"Actually, I need to steal McCartney for tonight to go over the fights and get her her new metal," Jackson said, popping up from no where. He was an incredibly sneaky person, so when he spoke, both Tyler and I jumped. I shot Tyler an apologetic look before pulling away.

"Rain check?" I asked hopefully. Tyler sighed and nodded, smiling and pecking me on the cheek. "Good. You can stay the night at my house tonight. I'll meet you there later?" Tyler nodded once again, and kissed me. It was a strange kiss. Powerful and possessive, as if he was proving a point. But the only other person in the room was Jackson, which didn't make much sense. Oh well...

Tyler let go of me, smiled, and left without another word. I waved to him and turned back to Jackson who had a strange look on his face. Once he noticed I was looking at him, Jackson grinned and hooked arms with me before leading me to his office. We sat down at his desk, a metal one he had found at a junkyard and cleaned up, me across from him.

"So what did you mean by 'metal'?" I asked. Jackson chuckled and took out a key to unlock the smaller drawer of the desk.

"I thought you'd never ask," Jackson answered with a smile, and handed me an old velvet box.

"This isn't a wedding ring, is it?" I joked. Jack shook his head and I sighed loudly in mock relief.

"Well, thanks for being so happy it isn't," Jackson said sarcastically before motioning for me to open the box. I shrugged. I mean, what have I got to lose? And inside the box was something that looked almost like a medical bracelet. But instead of some disease I didn't have, inscribed into the metal was 'Shadow' written in beautiful cursive and 'Kletka: Initiator' in all caps beneath it. The actual bracelet part was a pyramid studded leather band.

"Wow, this is awesome, Jack! I love it!" I exclaimed. Jackson cracked a smile and strapped the bracelet on my wrist.

"I knew you would. I only make these things for my top contenders. Also known as Kris, Shard, now you and myself. Kris and Shard both have necklaces. Shard's is onyx colored metal and Kris's is silver. Maybe you've seen it?" I nodded, remember the silver chain. Jackson continued, "Mine is this ring," he gesturing to the ring and showed me the words inscribed on the inside.

"This is great, Jack. Thank you so much."

"No problem. Now down to business," Jackson said like a businessman, folding his hands on the desk. I rolled my eyes. We talked about each fight, including Kris's. In the end only one made the cut, Shard's little brother.

Jackson drove me home afterwards. But, the house was already dark. I mean, it was, after all, after midnight. I slid tiredly up the stairs to my room, where the lamp was still on. I smiled when I saw Tyler laying on my bed, still in his clothes. He must have fell asleep waiting for me. I changed into a tank top and sleep shorts before crawling into bed beside Tyler and falling asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Aww, so sweet. Anyway, merry Christmas everyone! and Happy Holidays! Hope yours was great and ya'll liked your X-Mas present from me. :D

Add me on Facebook peepz: facebook.com/madirai.author