Our Love Isn't Perfect, But It's True

Chapter 7

Oh no. Oh please no. He has already tried to kill me once, and now he's back for more? Why did it have to happen to me? This is so stupid! All I did was break his stupid undefeated record at a fight club! Hasn't he moved on with his life?

"Smokey, I just saw--"

"Miss Finn, do you wish to share why you're interrupting the class, or can you just go straight to the principal's office?" Ms. O'Bryan snapped, crossing her arms as she stared at me along with every other silent student in the class. I rolled my eyes and stood up. When I reached the door, I shot Smokey a frightened look. Then I left.

As soon as I was in the hallway and a safe distance from Ms. O'Bryan's classroom, I whipped out my phone and immediately called Jackson. He picked up on the third ring.

"Hello, my favorite female. How may I help you?" Jackson said a little to happily. I rolled my eyes at his giddiness. It wasn't going to help us now. I was about to make this conversation really serious.

"He's back, Jack. And I know that rhymed so don't say anything because this is extremely important. But Psycho... he's back. I just saw him outside the school. He knew which room I would be in. And I bet he knows my class schedule too. We have a huge problem," I rambled. When I stopped, all I heard was heavy breathing on the other end. "Jackson?"

"Yeah, I'm here. Go home and lock all the doors and windows. I'll meet you there and I'll just use my key to come in so you won't have to worry about who's knocking on the door. Ok? See you in a bit." With that, he hung up.

I completely forgot about going to the principal's office as I nearly sprinted out to my car. I hopped him and sped home as fast as I possibly could. When I reached the farmhouse, it was empty, and had a creepy 'scary movie' air about it. I shuddered and slid inside, locking the door behind me. I ran to the living room and collapsed on the couch, exhausted.

I guess I had dozed off because when someone touched my leg, I jumped and fell off the couch. I hit the floor loudly and groaned. Rolling over, I saw Jackson staring down at me with a surprised face.

"Sorry! I didn't know you were asleep!" he said apologetically. I shrugged and grabbed his extended hands to pull myself up with. We sat back on to the couch. "So, I've been thinking about how to handle this Psycho thing. The others should know, so they can help me keep an eye on you. Do you have someone in every class?" Jackson asked.

"Every class but P.E. and I can handle myself. I don't need anybody watching over me. I'm a street fighter, I can take care of myself," I protested, putting on my stubborn-pout face. Jackson rolled his eyes.

"Just so I have some comfort you'll be ok. I'm sure the others will appreciate it too," he replied. My phone vibrated, signaling I had a text message. I checked, and saw it was from Tyler. "Well, I'm gonna grab a snack," Jackson said, standing and skipping to the kitchen like the true weirdo he is. I ignored him a bit and glanced at the clock and saw it was nearing 10:00 AM, which meant Tyler would be in the first class of the day that we shared: Calculus.

What happened 2 u? --TyLeR

Went home. Problems. Will explain later -- <3 Mick

U alright? Should I come over? --TyLeR

No, I'm fine. Jackson's here -- <3 Mick


I stared at my phone, as there was a long pause from Tyler. I shrugged and looked up as Jackson hopped back into the room with a plate full of... Well... I really have no idea what was piled up on that plate. "Jack? What the hell is that?" I asked, staring at him incredulously.

"Chocolate nachos," he answered happily, stuffing his face with tortilla chips, chocolate syrup, whip cream and vanilla ice cream. I stared, but quickly stopped when my phone vibrated again in my lap.

On my way. --TyLeR

Literally right after Jackson finished his chocolate nachos, someone knocked on the door. Jackson jumped up to open it, running to the foyer and bring Tyler back to the living room. He rushed over to me and pecked me on the lips. "Tell me what's up," he said simply. Jackson sat his plate on the coffee table and spoke up.

"Short story shorter, Psycho's back for Mick and she needs to be watched and protected." I crossed my arms stubbornly over my chest. I didn't want to be protected, I could handle myself. But I knew it would be pointless to say so. He gave a one-shouldered shrug. Tyler sighed and ran a hand through his hair. It was quiet as both boys watched me until Jackson started up again.

"McCartney, I need you tomorrow night, by the way. Three kids wanna join, so I set one up again each of the three initiators. No one will know who they fight until tomorrow night though. So just be there at--" Jackson said, but was cut off by Tyler.

"No."

"Um, excuse me?" Jackson answered, confused by what Tyler meant.

"I said, no. McCartney shouldn't be fighting at Kletka with Psycho out to get her. Hell, he could still have some of his allies there spying on her for all we know," Tyler said angrily.

"Well, I know every fighter at Kletka, and I can guarantee you they wouldn't go against another fighter like that," Jackson answered, trying to stay calm.

"I bet you thought that about Psycho too, didn't you?" Tyler sneered, crossing his arms over his chest. I tried to cut in to their argument, but neither boy would listen to what I had to say.

"He was named 'Psycho' for a reason. Stop acting like you know anything about how this guy thinks or how to keep Mick safe from a street fighter because, believe me, you are definitely no expert in that field," Jackson snapped, standing up from the couch and glaring at Tyler.

"So you just let a guy you personally named Psycho into the fight club when you knew how crazy he way? Way to go on that one pal," Tyler answered sarcastically, standing up as well. Something in Jackson must have snapped because he took no hesitation in throwing a hard punch at Tyler, who took it in the jaw before snapping one right back into Jackson's nose. It escalated from there.

"Guys!" I shouted, standing up in shock. They obviously ignored me. My two favorite guys were having an all out fight, in my living room. I couldn't believe they would do that. Tyler shoved Jackson, who fell into and knocked over a glass vase of Anne's. It clattered to the floor and shattered. Still, Jackson jumped to attack Tyler.

Pissed off, I wedged myself in between the two and shoved them apart. "I want both of you out of this house. Right now," I said steadily, though venom dripped from each word. The boys were still glaring at each other, but look at me when I told them to leave.

"Mick, I'm sorry. I--" Tyler began, but I cut him off.

"Out," I said with the same deadly calmness, pointing to the door.

"But someone needs to stay and make sure you're okay!" Jackson protested. I shot him my most deadly glare before something in me snapped.

"Get out of my house!" I shouted, shoving both of them to the door. The left without another word to me. I climbed the stares slowly to my room, even more tired than I was when I got home. And I still had to go shopping with the girls later.

It was going to be a long day.
♠ ♠ ♠
PLEASE READ:

Aww....first fight between Tyler and McCartney. D: That's so sad...but it had to happen! He's all jealous of Jackson and stuff. :3 soooooo yeah!

Take the poll! I know it's on Quizilla, but you don't have to have an account to take it. I'm curious who your favorite character is! (: http://quizilla.teennick.com/polls/17947874/im-curiouswhos-your-favorite-character

Add me on Facebook my people who read this story :D!: facebook.com/madirai.author