Status: Finished!

Always and Forever

Chapter Eleven

Sarah’s POV:

We all sprinted back to the beavers house as fast as we could and bursted into the house with the wolves not far behind us.

“Hurry Mum, they are after us!” Mr. Beaver yelled obviously panicked

“Right then...” Mrs. Beaver said mumbling to herself awhile starting to gather things together.

“What is she doing? We don’t have time for this!” Michael exclaimed nervously.

“Don’t worry, you'll thank you me later. it's a long journey and a beaver gets cranky when he's hungry.” She explained quickly while finishing up her packing

“I’M CRANKY NOW!” Beaver yelled while heading towards the exit.

“Do you think we should bring jam?” Susan asked helping Mrs. Beaver

“Only if the Witch has toast!” Peter snapped when suddenly we heard growls and the wolves digging the house apart trying to get at us. Courtney grabbed onto me obliviously frightened.

“It’s alright Court; we’ll get out of this….Don’t you worry.” I said kneeling down to her height while stroking her hair.

“Quickly this way!” Beaver yelled while running towards the exit as the wolves got closer to getting in. I grabbed Courtney’s hand and dragged her in after Susan. Michael and Lucy ran in with Peter at my heals.

“This should lead to Aslan's” Beaver said hurriedly.

“I thought it lead to your mums!” Mrs. Beaver said angrily causing Beaver to shrug and laugh nervously. Suddenly Lucy fell causing Peter to run towards her and pick her up. That’s when we heard angry howling not far behind us.

“They’re in the tunnel!” Lucy gasped.

We all ran at a faster pace when we came to a dead end. I looked around nervously looking for another way out put found nothing when Mrs. Beaver said, “You should have brought a map!”

“There was no room next to the jam!” Mr. Beaver shot back, and started to dig a whole big enough for us to fit out of the dark tunnel. I let go of Courtney to allow her to crawl threw and followed Peter out. He grabbed my hand and helped me out but I snatched it back, still angry with him and started to walk away when I hear Lucy yelp in surprise and turn to see that she tripped over what looked like stoned carved animals.

“He was my best mate!” Mr. Beaver cried while looking at one of the animals.

“What happened to them?” I asked quietly.

“This is what happens to the enemies of the White Witch.” A red fox said coming out of the trees behind us.

We all turned to look at the fox while Beaver said, “Take one more step there traitor! And ill chew you to splinters.” angrily, while Mrs. Beaver tried to hold him back

“Relax, I'm one of the good guys” Fox said laugh slightly.

“Well you look an awful lot like one of the bad guys.” Mr. Beaver said threateningly while Peter tried to stand in front of us and protect us.

“An unfortunate family resemblance, but we can discuss family breeding later right now we need to move.” The Fox explained while walking towards us. The barking and howling started to get louder so I said, “What do you suggest?” moving to stand in front of them. Peter grabbed my wrist but I pulled it away roughly, not even looking towards him. The fox looked up towards the trees and we all got his drift and quickly scrabbled to climb the tree. Peter and Michael helped us up and quickly scrambled up the tree after we were all secured. Just as they got in the tree the Wolves broke through the barrier and slowly began to approach the fox menacingly, who was the only one in the visible in the field.

“Evening gents, did we lose something?” Fox said as he was circled by the wolves.

“Don't patronize me; I know where your allegiance lies. We are looking for some humans” The head of the pack growled.

Fox laughed and said, “Humans in Narnia? Now that's some valuable information, don’t you think.” But was attacked by one of the other wolf and was being held down. Lucy and Courtney were cried out in surprise but Susan and Michael quickly covered their mouths.

“Your reward is your life,” The leader growled, “it’s not much but still…..Where are they?!” he continued. Fox looked around and then hung his head in shame and gasped, “North…They went north…”

“Quickly, smell them out.” The leader barked. They tossed the fox aside and he yelped in pain. I jumped from the tree and quickly ran over to the fox the check his wounds, with the other following my footsteps.

“Are you all right?” Lucy asked. Once we had a fire started and were able to start bandaging his wounds.

“Well, I wish I could say their bark was worse than their bite.” Fox joked only to yelp in pain as Mrs. Beaver cleaned his wound. The wound was pretty deep but Mrs. Beaver and I were managing.

“Quit squirming! You're worse than beaver on bath day!” Mrs. Beaver huffed.

“Worst day of the year” Beaver mumbled causing me to chuckle lightly.

“Thank you for your kindness but I am afraid that is all the healing I have time for.” Fox said and slowly got up.

“You can’t leave!” I said worriedly, “The wound could get infected if you don’t let us finish!”

“It has been a pleasure my High Queen but, I have been asked by Aslan himself to gather more troops.” Fox said nodding his head towards me. I was about to ask what he meant by High Queen when Beaver cut me off by saying, “You've seen Aslan?!” rather excitedly.

“What is He like?” Mrs. Beaver asked excitedly.

“Like everything we have ever heard. He'll be a good help fighting the White Witch” Fox said admiringly.

“We are not planning fighting any witch” Susan exclaimed

“Surely High King Peter...The Prophecy!” Fox said desperately. I mentally noted that he called Peter High King as well, and would make sure to ask the Beavers what was the reason for it.

“We can’t go on without ya’ll” Beaver explained.

Peter looked at me briefly, trying to read my expression and then turned to say, “We just want to get our siblings back.”

Lydia’s POV:

Edmund and I were now chained to the wall by our ankles and it didn’t help that mine was still bleeding and probably getting infected due to it not being clean, and the rust on the chains. Edmund reaches for the “food” we were given and takes a bite out of it, only to throw it down in disgust. He goes to grab the water only to find it completely frozen. Edmund threw it against the wall in frustration causing me to flinch.

“Are you gonna eat that?” A faun asked from the cell next door.

“Um….” I said looking at Edmund who was glaring at the wall, “n-no I don’t think we will.” I said handing it to him, “Your Mr. Tumnus right?” I asked.

Mr. Tumnus nodded sheepily and took a bit of the meat.

“I’m Lydia, Courtney’s sister and this is- “I started but was cut off by Edmund saying, “Edmund, I’m Edmund”

“Lucy’s brother right? You have the same nose.” He explained causing him to rub his nose.

“Are they alright?” He asked worriedly but when we didn’t answer he asked, “Are they safe?”

“We-we don’t know…” Edmund said awkwardly. Before anything else could be said The White Witch stormed in and we shifted our positions so it looked like we weren’t talking.

“My wolves tore that dam apart; your little family was nowhere to be found.” She snarled and grabbed me roughly by the collar, and pointed her staff at my head. “Tell me or she dies!” She yelled furiously at Edmund.

“I don’t know! Let her go!” Edmund stuttered panicked rising to his feet. She threw me onto the ground causing me to yelp in pain and grab my ankle that started bleeding again due to the cuts re-opening.

“Then you are no longer any use to me...Guard!” She yelled angrily.

“Wait they said something about Aslan!” He stuttered trying to save our lives. While I simply laid curled up into a ball clutching my ankle in pain trying not to cry, knowing it wouldn’t help anything.

“Aslan! Where?” The Witch said spinning around to look at us.

“Stranger has only been in Narnia a short-“ Mr. Tumnus tried to say but was hit in the head, grunting in pain.

“I said where is Aslan?” The Witch challenged.

“I-I don’t know….I left before I could hear anymore...I wanted to see you again.” Edmund explain quickly ignoring my tugging at his arm to stop him.

“Guard!” The Witch yelled.

“Yes, your majesty” It grunted.

“Release the Faun” She dictated. The guard his the chain causing him to cry out in pain I sat up wanting to help him and watched sadly as the guard doped him in front of the witch. “Do you know why you are here?” She continued.
“Because I believe in a free Narnia” He said bravely but pain clearly in it, causing the witch to glare at him coldly.

“You’re here because he, *points at Edmund* turned you and his girlfriend in...for sweeties.” The faun glared and him and looked at me sympathetically, while the witch said. “Take him upstairs and ready my sleigh, Edmund and Lydia miss their family.” She said smugly and stormed off. Edmund refused to look at me and merely turned away from me burying his head in his knees. I opened my mouth to say something but gave up and even further slumped to the ground in pain and closed my eyed wishing this was all just a dream.
♠ ♠ ♠
Part 11! Enjoy!
Rate, Comment, Subscribe, and Message!
-Sam <3