Status: Finished!

Always and Forever

Chapter Twelve

Sarah’s POV:

We started walking towards Aslan’s camp yesterday and we were all cold, wet, tired, and hungry. Even though Peter kept trying to talk to me I ignored him. I was sick and tired of him thinking he was the boss and could control us all.

“You know he was just trying to keep us safe.” Michael said coming up next to me.

“Doesn’t mean what he says goes. Maybe I’m over reacting but he needs to learn that he’s not always in charge! And besides I don’t know about you but I could never live with myself if I didn’t help these…animals.” I said determinedly.

Michael laughed and said, “You’re too stubborn and determined for your own good.” While wrapping his arm around me and giving me a one armed hug.

“Now Aslan's camp is just over there, by the stone table, just across the frozen river.” Beaver said interrupting our conversation.

“River?” Susan asked nervously.

“Don’t worry dear; It's been frozen for 100 years” Mrs. Beaver explained.

“It seems so far…” Peter said coming up next to me.

“It's the world dear; did you expect it to be small?” Mrs. Beaver laughed.

“Smaller...” Susan snipped glaring at Peter. We continued on our way in silence none of us had anything to say, we were all deep in thought.

“Come on, before we're old” Mr. Beaver yelled back at us.

“If he tells me to hurry up one more time I'm going to turn him into a big fluffy hat” Peter threatened while Lucy climbed onto his back, causing all of us to chuckle.

“Hurry up Son-of-Adam! We don't have all day.” Beaver yelled at us again.

“He is getting kind of bossy” Courtney agreed. We all turned around when we heard sleigh bells behind us.

“It's her! Run!” Mrs. Beaver cried. Lucy got off of Peters back and we all scampered after the beavers dragging Lucy and Courtney behind us.

“Quick down here” Beaver yelled pushing us into a cave type thing once we were in the forest. We all moved even further back when we saw a shadow standing on top of the cave. My breathing heightened and pushed myself even farther back into Peter’s chest. As if out of instinct, Peter wrapped his arms around me protectively. After a few minutes of silence, Beaver began to sniff around and Lucy said, “Maybe she's gone.”

“I'll go and have a look” Peter whispered loosening his grip on me but I only clung onto his arm keeping him from leaving, Peter looked at me slightly confused and I shook my head furiously telling him not to go when Beaver said, “No, you're no good to Narnia dead.” And started to leave.

“Neither are you Beaver.” Mrs. Beaver said sadly grabbing his arm

“Thanks dear.” He said sadly and patted her hand, and left the cave cautiously. After a few moments of silence Beaver hung over the top of the cave and yelled excitedly, “Come Here! Come Here! I hope you've been good, because there is someone here to see ya.” Causing Lucy and Courtney to scream, and the rest of us to jump in surprise.

Slowly we all climb out of the cave. Peter helped me over the rock but refused to let go of my hand as we walked towards an old man with a long white beard. He was dressed in a red long coat and was quite rotund. He was standing confidently in front of a sleigh, laughing happily.

“Merry Christmas, Sir!” Courtney and Lucy said happily and stepping towards him, causing me to smile.

“It certainly is dear ones. Thanks to you all.” He said sweetly. Michael was about to say something when I cut him off by saying, “We thought you were the witch…” stepping forward with Peter at my heals, our hands still locked together.

“In my defense I’ve been driving one of these longer than the witch.” He explained while taking off his gloves.

“I thought there was no Christmas in Narnia.” Susan asked curiously.

“No, there hasn't been for a hundred years. But the hope you majesty have brought us has finally started to weaken the witch’s power.” Father Christmas said proudly, “None the Less I assume that you all could do with these.” He continued reaching into his sleigh and bringing out a big bag full of gifts.

“Presents!” Lucy and Courtney exclaimed happily.

“Lucy, Eve's Daughter. These are for you- The juice of the fire flower. If you, or one of your friends are wounded, one drop of this cordial will restore them. And though I do not expect you to use it, here’s a dagger for protection.” He said handing Lucy her gifts.

“Well, I think I could be brave enough.”

“I'm sure you could be. But battles are ugly affairs, nothing to think lightly of.” He said grabbing more gifts from the bag, “Courtney, Eve’s Daughter here is a crystalline necklace. It will start to glow when danger is near, it will be very helpful In the near future, and a dagger to keep you safe as well.”

“Thank you sir” Courtney said shyly.

“Eve's Daughter, Susan. Trust in this bow, for it does not easily miss.” He said handing her a bow and arrows.

“What happened to, 'battles are ugly affairs?'” Susan challenged.

Father Christmas chuckled and said, “And, though you don't seem to have trouble making yourself heard. And finally this when you put this horn to your lips and blow it, wherever you are, help will come.” He continued.

“Thanks.” Susan said skeptically.

“Michael, Son of Adam, I give you this sword and shield, you will know what to do with them when the time is right.” Father Christmas said handing him his weapons.

“Now Sarah, Daughter of Eve, Here is a sword, but it’s not like any other sword.” He explained and then pushed a small button that was hidden as part of the decoration and the light and slim bladed, made it into two thin swords. I let out a small gasp of amazement and allowed him to put them back together into one sword.

“And here are two daggers that will never miss a target” he said handing me two more weapons, of matching daggers.

“And Finally Peter, Son of Adam. These are tools, not toys. The time to use them may be soon at hand.” He said handing Peter a sword and shield as well. “Bare them well! I best be off, winter is almost over and things do pile up when you've been gone a hundred years. Long live Aslan!” and with that Father Christmas climbed into his sleigh and rode off.

“Told you he was real!” Lucy said smuggily towards Peter.

“Did you hear what he said... winter is almost over. You know what that means...” I said slightly panicked.
“…No more Ice” Michael said finishing my sentence, fear etched on his face. With that we attached our weapons to our bodies and ran toward the crossing point.

“Wait, maybe we should think about this.” Susan said once we got to the crossing point and we saw that it was almost completely gone. Michael, Susan and I all exchanged a worried glace and then Peter snapped, “We don't have time.”

“She was just trying to be realistic” Michael said defending her.

“No, she’s trying to be smart...as usual!” Peter snapped back. Michael opened his mouth to say something but I said, “Stop it you guys! Peter’s right we have to cross now if we ever want to see Lydia and Edmund again and standing here fighting while the ice melts is not helping! Now Let’s GO!” with that we all headed towards the river cautiously. I slowly stepped on the ice only to hear I crack slightly.

“Wait, maybe I should go first.” Offered Beaver.

“Maybe you should.” Peter agreed while pulling me back and having me fall into his chest. Slowly, Beaver stepped onto the ice patting his tail here and there to make sure it won’t break.

“You've been sneaking second helpings haven't you?” Mrs. Beaver asked when we heard the ice starting to crack.

“Well you never know what meal is gonna be your last, especially with your cooking.” Beaver stated nervously.

“If mum knew what we were doing...” Susan mumbled.

“Mum's not here!” Peter snapped.

“Do you guys ever stop fighting?! We have more pressing matters at the moment yeah?!” I snapped at them

“Oh no!” Lucy gasped when she heard barking and growling of the approaching wolves.

“Run!” Michael yelled pushing us all onto the ice. We started to sprint across the ice when suddenly wolves jumped in front of growling and snapping their jaws at us. One pounced on Beaver and both Michael and Peter drew their swords and I placed my hand on mines handle.

“Put that down boys, someone might get hurt.” Maugrim growled menacingly

“Don't worry about me! Slit his throat!” Beaver yelled at them.

“Leave now while you can, and you're sibling’s leave with you.” He growled again.

“Stop you two! Maybe we should listen to him!” Susan said hurriedly

“Smart girl.” Maugrim growled

“Don't listen to him. Kill him. Kill him now!” Beaver yelled again causing the wolf to step on him harder and Beaver to yelp in pain.

“Look, just because some man in a red suit hands you two a sword doesn't make you a hero! So just drop it!” Susan yelled, looking at me to back her up.

“No! Narnia need ya!” Beaver yelled once more.

“What's it gonna be Sons of Adam? We're not going to wait forever. And neither is the river.” Maugrim challenged.

“PETER!” I yelled pointing at the ice that was falling of the waterfall. Peter and Michael made eye contact and both nodded and yelled, “Hold onto me!” while stabbing the ice with their swords. Both Peter and I grab a hold of Lucy, and Susan and Courtney grab Michael. Suddenly a wave crashed on top of us, treating to crush the wind out of us. I felt Lucy starting to slip out of her jacket, and quickly grabbed her hand instead, my other hand firmly on the sword but I could feel it starting to slip. Just as the wave was about to let up allowing us to the surface my hand finally gave out, the current taking both Lucy and I with it. I struggled to surface again the sword and fur coat weighing me down. I pulled Lucy along with me when I finally surfaced. We both gasped and coughed for air as we struggled to make our way to shore. I grabbed a branch hanging off the edge and helped Lucy get to land safely. Just as I was about to pull myself up after her, something caught my foot pulling me back into the roaring river I struggled to get my foot free from the branch that caught my foot and was pulling my further down the river. I was slowly running out of air and my lungs and eyes began to burn from lack of oxygen and the salt in the water. Not long after Black dots consumed my vision.
♠ ♠ ♠
OoOoOoHhHhHhHh cliffhanger!!!!! O_O

Hope you liked it!!

Rate, Comment, Message and Subscribe!!

-Sam <3