Status: Finished!

Always and Forever

Chapter Thirteen

Peter’s POV:

When I resurface I noticed that I was only holding Lucy’s coat and both Lucy and Sarah were missing. I looked around frantically for them while Susan yelled, “What have you done?!” I ignored her and started to call out for them with the other joining shortly after. ‘If anything happened to them I swear…’I thought to myself.

“Peter!” I hear Lucy screaming not far from us. I sprinted towards her with the others on my heals.

“Lucy!” I yelled relived and pulled her into a tight hug, “thank god you’re alright!”
“Peter! Sarah, she got pulled away by the current just after she got me to shore!” Lucy said hurriedly pushing me away from her, “She’s still in the river!” She continued. I looked at Michael with horror etched all over or faces. I quickly threw my sword, shield and coat on the ground and dove in after her. I surfaced for air than went back under to search for her. I swam around quickly my eyes flickering at a lighting speed to catch sight of something anything, praying that it would be Sarah. Finally I saw Sarah with her foot caught in a branch and her not moving, merely moving with the current.

‘NO!’ I thought to myself and swam as fast as I could to her. I wrapped my arm around her waist and tried to pull her foot free from the branch. I was losing oxygen quickly so I went to her foot and broke the branch freeing her foot. With major difficulty I was able to swim to the surface gasping for air. I pulled Sarah to shore making shore to keep her head above the water. I pulled her on the shore and knelt on one knee next to her.

“Sarah?!” I said panicked, noticing her chest not moving. “Sarah?!” I yelled again putting both my hands on her face making her face me. Her face was ice cold and her lips were blue. I heard the other running up behind me but I ignored them. “Come on Sarah!” I said panting pressingon her chest attempting to give her CPR. Some water leaked from between her lips but at this rate it’d be too late by the time I got all the water out. “Lucy give me that potion!” I demanded as the others came up behind me. Lucy handed it to me and I carefully drop a single drop of the potion into her parted lips. After a minute, Sarah turned onto her side started coughing up water violently. “Sarah!” I called relived, and pulled her into a tight hug. She was so cold she was violently shaking. “Don’t-Do-That-Again!” I demanded, burying my face into her cold wet hair that stuck to her face and body, “You scared me half to death!” I said laughing happily, pulling away to look at her.

Sarah nodded and mumbled a weak, “Thanks” before collapsing into my chest again exhausted. I hugged her tighter causing my heart to race with adrenaline from the past few minutes and had to focus on her steady heartbeat to try and calm my own heart but failed miserably due to the fact she was so close to me.

Sarah’s POV:

I “woke up” with a start and turn on my side and started coughing up water violently.

“Sarah!” I heard Peter call his voice shaky but filled with relief, and pulled me into a tight hug. I welcomed his warmth even though he was soaked to the bone, a cuddled closer to his chest while violently shaking from the cold and fear.

“Don’t-Do-That-Again!” He demanded, while burring my face into my cold wet hair, “You scared me half to death!” he continued laughing happily, pulling away to look at me.

I merely nodded and mumbled weak, “Thanks” before collapsing into his chest again exhausted. Peter pulled me closer to him for warmth and that feeling of security and love I get whenever he is near or holds me.

“Peter has you well looked after…” Beaver said, “All of you” he continued thankfully. Everyone laughed lightly and joined Peter’s and mine hug. I welcomed the warmth of all their body unconditionally.

“I don't think you'll be needing those coats anymore!” Mrs. Beaver said as the sun came out and the snow began to melt, and we started our way to Aslan’s camp. Peter helped me walk until I had most of my strength back.

“Sarah!” Michael called from behind me, once I was walking on my own. I turned around just in time to be tackle into a bear hug. I laughed lightly and hugged him back.

“You have no idea how much you scared me!” He breathed, “Don’t do that to me again!” He continued as Courtney came up to us and hugged our legs with tears in her eyes.
“Oh, Courtney” I sighed sadly, “I’m fine really. I’m sorry I scared you!” I said while picking her up and placed her on my hip while hugging her. Courtney buried her face in my shoulder and Michael kissed both our head and rubbed Courtney’s back. We all walked together and had some family time, even though we were all worried about the one family member missing. I looked over at the Pevensie’s and saw them having their own family time along with the Beaver’s; I smiled at the sight in front of us, but knew it wouldn’t last long.
♠ ♠ ♠
short but wve im tired and i posted alot today!!
hope you enjoyed it!
-Sam <3