Status: Finished!

Always and Forever

Chapter Five

“Bye mom” I said sadly.

“Don’t be sad sweetie; we’ll see each other soon. Do take care of your siblings.” Mom said kissing my forehead. I nodded sadly. I felt something on my shoulder, and look up to see Peter smiling sadly and me. Ever since the bombing incident, Peter and I have become closer than ever. I returned it slightly.

“Last call for boarders!” the conductor called. Mom did one final hug and kiss goodbye before we were all loaded on the train. We were able to get a compartment with only two other children. It was so squished that Lucy had to sit on my lap. The trip was quiet and a little awkward, because of the other children. They left not long after the train had started. Lucy got off my lap and took their spot, letting me move into a more comfortable position. The rest of the trip was quite and some point along the way I feel asleep comfortably on Peters shoulder. I woke up to someone shaking me.

“Sarah? Sarah…we’re here you have to get up…” the person whispered. I groaned and shook my head and curled up more to the warm but hard thing next to me. I felt the thing shake as if it were laughing. “Sarah come on you have to get up!” the voice said again but a little more forcefully that time.

“Fine” I grumbled moodily. When I opened my eyes I realized that the thing I was curled up to was in fact Peter, who had an amused look on his face. “Sorry” I mumbled blushing a deep red, but turned my head so he wouldn’t see anything, though I saw Susan and Michael smirking at us knowingly. We grabbed our bags and all filed off of the train. I turned to watch the train slowly pull away, and gaining speed as it went. I sighed and turned to face everyone else. I walked next to Lydia, who hasn’t said a word since the news of us leaving mum, and Helen to go to the country.

“Hey,” I said nudging her gently, “you okay?” Lydia just gave me a look as if to say ‘you’re seriously asking me that?’ “yeah I guess that was a dumb question,” I laughed while pulling her into a one armed hug and kissed her head. Lydia leaned into me as we waited for our transport to arrive. Just then a car drove by but never stopped, they just honked their horn at us.

“If they knew we were coming…” Susan started.

“Maybe we were incorrectly labeled…” Edmund mumbled to himself looking at the paper/ticket hanging from his jacket. Slowly a horse and wagon pulled up.

“Are you Ms. McCready?” Peter asked slowly.

“Afraid so,” the woman said, she had looked to be in her late to mid 50’s. She had graying brown hair that was pulled into a tight bun on her head. “Is that all?” She said motioning to our small bags. We all nodded. She nodded stiffly and motioned for us to get in the wagon. Peter and Michael loaded our stuff, and then helped us up. We were finally on our way to our new home until it was safe to go home, but I had a feeling it would be more than our home, and that something would happen there, I just wasn’t sure if it was bad or not.
♠ ♠ ♠
hope you like it!
Thanks
Sam
**banners, messages, subscriptions and comments a must!