Status: Finished!

Always and Forever

Chapter Six

“Gastrovascular” Susan said.
I sighed and looked out of the window, looking away from the book I was reading. It had been raining all day, so we were stuck inside.
“Come on Peter! Gastrovascular!” Susan repeated frustratedly.
“Is it Latin?” Peter sighed, completely bored out of his mind.
“Yes…” Susan said shaking her head at us.
“Is it Latin for the worst game invented?”Edmund asked. I started to laugh but when Susan slammed the dictionary shut, I managed to change it into a cough. Peter chuckled next to me form the couch, causing it to shake slightly.
“Hey! I have an idea!” Lucy said looking at Courtney excitedly who nodded with enthusiasm. “Why don’t we play hide and go seek!” they said together excitedly. Peter and I looked at each other. I simply shrugged and said, “I don’t see why not.”
“You’ve got to be kidding me!” Edmund groaned from the spot on the floor he was on.
“Oh come on Eddy! Act like a kid for once!” Lydia said poking him in the chest. Edmund glared at her for calling him ‘Eddy’. I laughed at this; Edmund was going through the ‘rebellious stage’ and was always sulking and acting angsty, while Lydia was the complete opposite. It wouldn’t surprise me if she never went through that ‘rebel stage’. She was always laughing and trying to have fun, always thinking of others. Oddly enough they were still best friends.
“Please!” Lydia and Courtney begged, breaking my train of thought.
“Oh alright!” Peter sighed, “1…2…3…4…” he started counting. We all took off in different directions. I ran in the opposite direction of everyone, and hid under my bed.
“99…100! READY OR NOT HERE I COME!” I heard Peter call. I held my breath as I heard footsteps by the door. I closed my eyes as if it were to make me invisible if I wished it to, when suddenly warm breath caressed my neck, causing goose bumps to form there.
“Boo!” Peter whispered, making me jump slightly. I turned my head to glare and him but Peter just laughed at me while helping me out from under the bed.
“How did you know where I was?” I asked pouting slightly.
“You always hide away from everyone else,” Peter laughed. Before I could respond I heard Lucy cry, “IT’S ALRIGHT! WE’RE BACK!” Peter and I looked at each other confused and ran off in the direction we thought we heard her in. We came up behind them to see Edmund looking mad, Lydia looking confused and Lucy and Courtney with a happy but begging look in their eyes.
“I’m not sure you guys really understand the concept of the game…” Peter started confused.
“Does this mean we win?” I heard Susan say as she and Mike walked into the room.
“I-I’m not sure they want to play anymore…” I said slowly and confused.
“Weren’t you wondering where we were?” Courtney asked, now confused.
“That’s the point Court, he SEEKING you!” Lydia said rather rudely.
“Lydia…” I warned seeing the look on Courtney’s face.
“But we’ve been gone for hours!” Lucy exclaimed.
“We were hiding in the wardrobe on the third floor, when we just fell into a wintery forest!” Courtney explained excitedly. We all looked at her as if she had three heads, unsure of what to say.
It was then that, Lucy and Courtney started to explain to us all about this Narnia, they found in the wardrobe. And that there was this evil White Witch and how she took control over Narnia and was acting as their dictator. When we still didn’t believe them they took us to this wardrobe to see for ourselves.
It was a very beautiful wardrobe. It was a cherry wood with very intricate carvings all over it. I walked around the back, knocking on the wood making sure it was hollow and a solid wood while Susan did the same inside.
“It’s just a wardrobe girls” Susan said, shrugging her shoulders.
“One game at a time guys we all don’t have you imaginations.” Mike said while shaking his head.
“We wouldn’t lie about this!” Lucy argued trying to get us to believe them, but I noticed Courtney had already given up.
“That’s enough Lucy!” Susan said harshly.
“Well I believe them! Didn’t I tell you about the football field in the bathroom cupboards?” Edmund laughed
“Ed!” Peter yelled to get him to be quite, “When will you learn to grow up?”Peter asked sharply.
“Shut up! You think your dad but you’re not!” Edmund yelled at Peter and ran off.
‘He really does know how to hit the soft spot doesn’t he?’ I thought to myself.
“But…it really was there…”Lucy said softly.
“Susan’s right Lucy, that’s enough.” Peter said and turned around and followed everyone out of the room before I could say anything to him. I looked at the girls with sympathy in my eyes, and walked up to them.
“Anything is possible if you just believe,” I whispered to them softly, “Remember that” I continued while kissing their foreheads, smiling softly.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey everyone!! I hope you enjoyed it!! Sorry it took so long to post ive been pretty busy!
I wanted to thank alice.in.panem for being the very first to comment on my story and encouraging me to post!!! Thanks so much girl!!

Post, Comment, Message and Banners!!

-Sam