Status: complete

DaySleeper

two

I sit on the porch, smoking my cigarette. It curls up into the darkness as my knees grow colder. The footsteps along the sidewalk continue to sound as I stare into the sky. The spiraling white is completely enthralling. I only look away from it when Kane kicks my foot lightly.

“You locked me out,” I state. He sighs and sinks beside me.

“I meant to. Sorry.”

I wave him off.

“It’s whatever,” I assure him, looking back to the sky, electric excitement rushing down my back.

“Cadence,” he says. I tilt my head slightly towards him, effectively being rude. “Look at me when I am apologizing to you,” he murmurs. I glance at him.

“I don’t hear an apology,” I say petulantly. He growls before taking my face and mashing his lips to mine. I let my cigarette fall to the stone steps.

~~
My lip hurts. I touch it tenderly as I wake up. Kane is gone already and I know that. I make a face at the split lip and try to recall what happened.

Oh. That’s right. I told him he seemed to grow smaller instead of larger and he bit my lip as hard as he could. It worked exactly as I had hoped.

It had felt good.

The small voice in my head taunts me. It likes to tell me that I never think it feels good, but it feels of something. My inner-self apparently is dying for some type of stimulation.

I push that voice away and go to the window, sliding out and onto the roof. I light a cigarette and enjoy the midmorning sun pulsing on my skin as the chill of November brushes my hair aside. I look at my arm momentarily and take in the meandering bruises travelling up. I smile a bit and lick at the cut in my lip. A car drives by slowly and I take to watching the road for a few long minutes.

I lean back against the siding of the house and cry out quietly. I lean back forward in shock and bend my arm unnaturally behind my back to feel gingerly. Three spots, all along my spine hurt.

I take a moment, rubbing one slowly, trying to recall what these are from. Oh, that’s right. I’d forgotten about being shoved into the doorframe.

I finish my cigarette and put it out on the white siding, something Kane hates.

I kind of make an effort to make him angry. He’s rougher then. I lick the cut on my lip again before slipping back inside to put on clothes and go see Mark. He’ll be completely terrified at this turn of events.
♠ ♠ ♠
News! I finished nanowrimo! This story is officially 100% done, and has 45 chapters awaiting you!

Also, I lied. the first chapters are kind of short. I'm sorry :)
Also, also, new layout, because the first one... broke? I don't know.