Status: complete

DaySleeper

forty five

The party was a huge success. People, all night, came up to me to thank me for my hard work. Actually, they went up to everyone to thank them for their hard work.

Regardless, Avid and I were left on clean-up duty, as recent six-month-signers and that was just fine. All we had to do was rinse the dishes, which is very easy with the new restaurant style spray head, wrap up the table clothes for washing in the brand new laundry room, and take out the trash. It sounds easy when said like that, but honestly, there were a lot of people, a lot of plates, and a lot of tables. So it took us three hours. I was left in my tee shirt and pants, the rest of my clothing left against the wall when it got too uncomfortable. Avid was left in his tee shirt and pants, his lovely vest tossed on the ground.

We got back into the house at about three in the morning to sleep, and we were woken up at seven that same morning to take Greg and Matt to the train station. Greg’s train left twenty minutes before Matt’s. So I pulled on some lazy clothes and went to see them off to their new lives. At noon, when I was decently awake, Maggie arrived at the house to help Jade move. We couldn’t have done it without her, because she owns a car. Even though it’s shitty, it was a great help.

Jade had her suitcase and a mini-storage of her things she needed help unloading. The mini-storage container was delivered to her townhouse she was renting, and Avid and I were enlisted to help her move all her bulky furniture inside. I, still being kind of weak, mostly carried in pillows and lamps. Avid and Maggie handled the bed, and the couch. Jade thanked us all profusely the entire time. Once she was all moved in, we admired our handy work.

Her place was a fairly nice townhouse, two stories, with two bedrooms. It looked a bit sparse now, but she assured us it would look thoroughly lived in in no time. I didn’t doubt it. I saw how she kept her things before. At two o’clock, we were finished, so she hugged us all goodbye and waved at us until we had turned the corner of her street.

As we finally arrived home, I dragged myself up the steps, back up to my bedroom, where I’d be living alone (finally), and fell into my bed, pulling the blind shut.

~~
I woke up at seven o’clock that night, just in time for dinner. I now realize that it will be Avid, Ethel, and me living here now. How strange.

I sit at the table, still a bit bleary from the long nap, and eat with my housemates, discussing how empty the house seems now.

“Let’s get a kitten,” I suggest. Ethel spins her spaghetti on her fork.

“We have a kitten," she says.

"Yes, well, he's antisocial," I respond, "We need another kitten."

"Hell no," she says, taking a sip of water.

I laugh.

“You two need to get your sleep tonight,” Ethel reminds us, “We have to move all the furniture into the wings and make the beds and stock up on groceries for the kitchen.”

I make a whining sound.

“I won't be able to sleep!” I complain.

“Take some benadryl, honey,” Ethel says. I sigh, stand up, and get some from the medicine cabinet, before taking some of the oozing liquid and swallowing it.

“Gross,” I say.

“Grow up.” Ethel says. I smile at her.
♠ ♠ ♠
73 subscribers! Thanks so much everyone!
But, just so you know, I only got six comments... Which would be great, if I had twenty subscribers. You guys are either being lazy, or I'm writing poorly.
Regardless, have a great Friday and enjoy! I've begun to write again (:

xoxo,
Ann Silex