Status: hiatus= maybe forever I don't know

My Little Razorblade

I’m treading water with my oars

‘What was he doing in there? Pining maybe. How long had he been there? Shit where the fuck is Matt?’ Alley thought as she glanced around the Bread Crumb, a little sandwich shop.

Matt could afford upscale places, but Alley like the local spots.

She sighed; he is probably hanging around with Johnny or out with Val.

Her thoughts were interupted when two strong hands came down on her shoulders.

She jumped, and then smiled as her brother sat down across from her.

“Sorry I’m late, traffic was a bitch.” Matt smiled, happy to see his sister after this last tour.

He was even happier to see that she was herself again.

“So what have you been up to in these past 4 months?”

They went on talking about recent events, childhood memories, Matt asking if he could get free tattoos now, Matt’s girlfriend Val, and Alley maybe going back on tour with her brother.

“I don’t think I want to go back on tour,” she stated flatly.

“Why not?”

His sister shrugged, “I don’t know, its not like I couldn’t handle it now, I’m finished with those demons. Its just I like the life that I have now, its…simpler.”

“The demons are gone, right?” he questioned.

Alley gave a sigh and laid her arms on the table, “Yes Matt they are gone forever.”

“I’m just trying to look out for you.”

Alley knew this. He had always been there for her, which is why he had sent her home before. She had tried so hard to forget the mistakes she had made before. Going back on tour now would waste of the good life she now had.

Alley looked around the restaurant in an attempt to show Matt that she wanted to change the subject. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw multi-colored hair attached to the head of a girl she was sure she knew.

The girl had black, blonde, and bright purple streaked hair, and she was clinging to someone Alley had never seen before. The girl whipped her head around and Alley caught a glimpse of her face.

“Niki…you bitch,” Alley muttered a little louder than she attended.

“What?” Matt asked.

He had taken to playing with the straw wrapper, folding it into a rater impressive accordion, and was caught off guard when he heard his sister speak.

“Huh? Oh...nothing,” she answered.

It must have been obvious she was lying, but Matt didn’t want to make it an issue. She was grateful for that – all she wanted to do was get out of there.

“Wanna go?”

“What did I do?” Matt asked incredulously.

“I mean do you want to leave?” Alley asked with a laugh. Her brother was always one for stupid jokes.

“Sure.”

As they went to pay the bill, Matt’s phone started to play ‘Diamonds and Guns’ by the Transplants.

Alley took Matt’s money as he walked away saying, “I think I can do that…” into the phone.
♠ ♠ ♠
this is filler, and there will be another filler behind it, but I am working on the juicy part that comes in ch.10.

the lyric title is from the cover Saosin did of Penelope.