Sequel: When You Love Someone
Status: Finished. Go check out the sequel.

So Wrong, It's Right.

I Don't Want This Moment To Ever End.

"So you're staying the night at Mr.G's house?" Jake questioned his best friend as he watched her move around her room, packing an overnight bag that was placed on her bed.

"Yes, and don't call him Mr.G, it makes it so much more awkward." Lanie spoke as she stuffed her pajamas in the almost full bag.

"Right, sorry. Can I ask you something?" Lanie glanced up at her best friend who sat at her desk, watching her, his face blank.

"Sure." She said as she put all her makeup in her makeup bag and added that to the bag.

"Have you and Alex had sex?" Lanie tripped over her feet as she walked towards her closet to get an outfit for tomorrow, the last thing she needed to pack.

"No, we haven't." She responded, pulling out a pair of jeans and a plain red t-shirt.

"Why not?" Lanie laughed and zipped up the bag, sitting down on the bed beside it.

"We haven't because we aren't even technically together and if we did, it would be even more illegal than what we are doing already is. I want my first time to be special anyway."

"It wouldn't be your first time, technically." Lanie looked down at the ground awkwardly.

"No, I guess it wouldn't." She responded and stood up, tossing the bag over her shoulder and moving towards her door. "Come on, Alex is expecting me." Jake sighed and followed her out of her room.

The house was silent as they went downstairs, her parents having gone out with friends a few hours ago.

The walk to Alex's house was silent and still awkward, but luckily it was a short walk.

"Look, Lanie, I'm sorry for what I said earlier." Jake spoke as they turned to look at each other in front of Alex's house, where they would be going their separate directions.

"Don't worry about it. You're right, it wouldn't be my first time." Lanie brought her skinny shoulders up in a shrug right as the front door opened. Alex leaned up against the doorway, watching the two teens at the end of his walkway, they were too far away from him to hear what they were saying, so he just enjoyed looking at how gorgeous Lanie looked.

"I know you didn't mean for it to happen though an-" Lanie brought her hand up, covering her best friends mouth.

"It doesn't matter, Jake. Just drop it." She let her hand fall. "I'll see you on Monday." He nodded and let her walk past him and up the walkway towards their teacher who smiled at her as she approached.

"Something wrong?" Alex questioned as Lanie got to him, smiling softly up at him.

"No, everything's fine." Alex frowned but nodded none the less. He looked over Lanie's shoulder and waved at Jake who waved gently back before turning and walking in the direction of his house.

"Well come on, I was just finishing up dinner." He reached forward and took the bag from her shoulder and stepped aside to let her inside the warm house.

"It smells really good," Lanie said as they walked into the living room. "What did you make?"

"Just some lasagna, its really one of the only things I can make." They both laughed. "I'll be right back. Make yourself comfortable." He leaned over to kiss her cheek before he disappeared down the hall with her bag, probably to put it in his room. He came back soon after, with no bag. He smiled at her before disappearing into the kitchen where she heard movement and plates banging together.

She wondered into the kitchen to see him setting the table. It was nothing fancy but it made her smile none the less.

"That looks really good, Alex." She said as she watched him take the lasagna out of the oven. The sight and smell made her mouth water. But then, that may have also been the person who was holding the food, he was pretty delicious as well.

"Why thank you, babe." He smiled at her and placed the food on the table. "Take a seat, I'll get you something to drink." He put a serving of food onto a plate for her and when she took a seat, he leaned down to kiss her lips gently. "Hope you like it." She smiled at him before he went to the fridge and pulled out a can of Sprite, her favorite.

After getting himself something to drink and serving up his own food, they dug in.

"This is delicious." Lanie spoke after her first bite, making Alex grin and take another bite.

"Thanks, baby." The rest of the time they ate it was filled with small conversation, talking about anything, much like they did at school. Though Lanie had told Jake it was okay, what he had said, she couldn't stop thinking about it. For him to bring it up like that, it must mean its been on his mind, which means he hasn't fully forgiven her like she said.

After they finished eating, they cleaned up, leaving the dishes in the sink to do later.

"So, want to watch a movie?" Alex suggested as they went back into the living room.

"Sure." Lanie sat down on the couch as he went to go chose a movie. "What did you pick?" She asked as he sat down beside her.

"Home Alone." He answered, smiling. She laughed and slid closer to him, allowing him to put his arm around her waist. "So are you ever going to tell me what was going on with you and Jake?" He asked as the movie started.

"He just made a remark about... the party.."

"Oh... I thought he forgave you about that."

"I did too... Now I'm starting to doubt that he has though." Alex sighed and rubbed his hand up and down on her side, comforting her.

"It's just hard for him. Give him a little more time." Lanie's only response was a nod, so Alex turned back to the movie..
♠ ♠ ♠
I didn't take as long to update this time! :D