Sequel: When You Love Someone
Status: Finished. Go check out the sequel.

So Wrong, It's Right.

Today Was Gonna Be The Day.

"You ready, babe?" Lanie turned from the bathroom mirror where she had been just staring at her make-uped face, too many thoughts running through her head to process.

"Yeah." She responded softly. He smiled at her softly and took her hand, leading her out of his small bathroom and out to the living room where Jake, Matt, Kara, Jack, Rian and Zack were standing, all dressed in their best. All had sympathetic smiles on their faces as the teen entered the room, gripping her boyfriends hand tightly in her own.

After a few words were spoken to the teen, they all left, going in their situated car, meeting up at the funeral home that would be housing two funerals today.

Lanie was silent the whole drive while Matt, Alex, Jake and Kara all talked to each other. Lanie sat in the back between Alex and Kara while Jake drove. She was gripping both of their hands, needing the comfort at every second. When they would get to the funeral home, she would have to separate from Alex as everyone there would question. Not that there would be many people there, both of Lanie's parents were the only child and she only had one remaining grandparent. Her mom's father who was old and in a nursing home, but his nurse called yesterday to assure Lanie that he would be present for this. Every other person attending today was friends and coworkers of her parents and then Lanie's small group of people.

"You okay?" Alex asked as the car stopped and everyone but them got out. She nodded and tried her best to smile but when she saw Alex's concerned smile returned she knew she hadn't done a very good job. She just settled for leaning forward to peck his lips before he got out of the car.

As one big group, they all walked into funeral home, Lanie once again holding Kara's hand tightly within her own and made sure to keep Alex close to her as they walked ahead of everyone else.

"Oh, Lanie. I am so sorry." They had only just walked in the door when Lanie was pulled into the arms of an older woman who Lanie knew as one of her mothers co-workers at the hospital she worked at.

"Thanks Mrs H." The elderly woman smiled softly at her before allowing Lanie, Kara and Alex to pass her and venture more into the somber building. After greeting a few other familiar faces, Lanie and everyone took their seats, most everyone sat a few rows back except for Matt, Jake, Lanie and Kara who sat in the front. Alex was going to sit next to Lanie, in between her and Jake but Matt slid into the seat before him, making him sit somewhere else, away from his girlfriend who was now crying on Kara's shoulder as she saw the two caskets placed at the head of the room.

Close friends got up and spoke kind words about the two of them, tears were shed, and then Lanie had to get up and speak. She spoke of old family memories, the love her parents shared, and the love she had for them and how she would go about her life, fulfilling her dreams like they had always pushed her to do, she would make them proud, no matter what that took.

After she spoke her words, she had tears streaming down her face and sob after sob escaping her lips. She couldn't stand to stay in that room with her parents bodies so instead of taking her seat, she ran down the isle and out the door in the back. Everyone just watched her go before Matt stood up right as Alex started to as well. Matt shot him a look, making Alex glare back before taking a seat as he rushed from the room, after the broken teen.

Matt caught up with Lanie at the front door, pulling her into his chest as she cried.

"They can't be gone, Matt. It's just not right for them to leave me like this when I still need them so much." He sighed and rocked her back and forth, hugging her tightly to his chest while she gripped his button up shirt in her shaking fists.

"I know, sweetheart, I know." He whispered into her hair. "You will get through this though. I know that you are strong enough to do it. If I can do it, you can. It will be hard, I know, but you have people who love you. You have me, Jake, Kara, the guys, and Mr. G. No, its not your parents, but its the next best thing. We are all here for you, every step of the way." She nodded into his shirt, knowing that it was now stained from her tears and makeup.

"Thank you so much, Matt." She lifted her head to smile at him. "I'm so glad I have you." He smiled and leaned down to press his lips softly to her forehead.

"I'll always be here, I'm not going anywhere. You know what you need?" She frowned and shook her head. "A movie night. We can do it tonight if your up for it. You, me, Jake, Kara and all the guys. We can have it at your and Mr. G's house. We get a ton of movies, junk food and snacks and make a huge bed of pillows and blankets on the floor in the living room, get into our pajamas and watch movies while pigging out and just hanging out. It will keep your mind of today." Lanie considered this and found that she actually loved the idea.

She knew she had to move on from her parents, they would be extremely disappointed in her if they knew she was moping around, not living her life so she agreed. After a few more minutes everyone began to venture out. After Matt relayed the plan to everyone, who all agreed, duties were assigned. Jake and Matt were assigned to get the candy and snacks. Kara, Rian, Zack and Jack were assigned to get the movies, and Alex and Lanie were assigned to make the bed of pillows and blankets on the floor.

Tonight shall be fun and exactly what Lanie needed..
♠ ♠ ♠
I was listening to Broken by lifehouse while I wrote this. makes it so much more depressing.

what do you guys think of Matt? Some of you already have a bad vibe from him, what do you guys think now? hmmm. I like him, lol. he's really cute in my mind, really sweet too, but he's pushing Alex out of the way. :O comment to let me know what ya guys think of him. (: