Sequel: When You Love Someone
Status: Finished. Go check out the sequel.

So Wrong, It's Right.

We Forgot How It Feels.

It was around 2a.m. when Lanie stood in the front yard of Alex's house. The street light set a glare all across her body.

She stared up at the dark house, unsure of when she should go in. All of the lights of but that didn't mean Alex was asleep. She didn't want to talk to him right now. The only reason she came home was because she had no where to go. She would have stayed with Jake but his boyfriend was over and Matt's foster parents had friends over and didn't want Lanie over.

She stayed at Matt's as long as she could, which was until about 11. She's been wandering the streets since then, afraid to come home.
Seeing Alex with Lisa tonight was the worst feeling she's had in a while. Yeah, her parents died and left her but through all of that she had Alex. Alex was there for her in every second, he was all she had and now for him to betray her like that, it was like she lost every single thing she had. She was alone.

Lanie finally took in a deep breath and made her way up the front walk. She, as quietly as she could, slid the key into the lock and slowly pushed open the door. After she closed it behind her she let her eyes slide over the dark and empty living room.

She let out a breath as she noticed that Alex was in fact in bed, meaning she could make a safe escape to her bedroom and put of speaking to him until morning.

She walked quietly to her bedroom. Her hand was just on the doorknob when Alex's bedroom door opened. She froze and kept still, hoping that she was hidden in the shadows of the hallway, the moonlight not catching her. She hoped she could just be invisible and slip into her room, unnoticed, but that wasn't going to happen.

"Lanie?" She sighed and turned around to find Alex standing just a few feet away from Lanie in the doorway of his bedroom.

"Yeah." She responded quietly.

"Where have you been?" Lanie opened her bedroom door, ready to make a quick escape in just a few seconds.

"At Matt's. I'm tired, so goodnight." She quickly rushed into the room, closing the door with a snap after her.

"Wait, Lanie. Let me explain, please." She heard Alex's footsteps as he stepped to the closed door. "If you just let me explain, you'll understand. Lisa means nothing to me, please, baby I love you." Lanie clicked the lock shut and stepped back to sit on the bed. "Lanie, please! I was only with her because she found out about you." Lanie's eyes widened and her hand went up to her mouth but she said nothing. "She said she heard you and Matt talking that day you two got ice cream and went to the movies. She heard everything. She came here and basically black mailed me." He explained as tears welled up in Lanie's eyes. "If I didn't let her use me as her little toy, she'd run to the police and and my boss. I'd be fired and then arrested. Baby, please. I did it not because I wanted to be with her but because I didn't want to put anything at risk of me losing you. I guess I should have thought it out and realized that if you found out I was with her behind your back you'd leave me, but I just couldn't let her tell. Please."

Lanie stayed silent a few seconds longer before she stood up, took a deep breath and made her way to the door quickly. She let out the breath she'd taken in as she pulled open the door and fell into the chest of the older man who quickly wrapped his arms around her, holding her tightly to him as she buried her face in the fabric of his t-shirt while he put his lips to the top of her head.

"I love you so much, Lanie. I just didn't want to be taken away from you. I couldn't stand it if that happened." She sobbed into his shirt and gripped onto him tightly. She was still heart broken by what he did with Lisa, it wasn't going to be easy to forgive him but she'd try. She couldn't make it if he was taken from her.

"I'm sorry." She whispered into his chest. He shook his head and pulled back to stare into her face.

"No, baby. Do not apologize. You have nothing to be sorry for. It should be me who apologizes and I am. I am so sorry for all of this, you didn't deserve this at all and I am a douche bag for every doing that to you."

"I don't want you to be taken from me, Alex." He pulled her to his chest again.

"I won't be. I'll work something else out with Lisa. I'll talk to her, she'll understand." Lanie just nodded and wiped her cheeks before fighting back a yawn but Alex noticed anyway and smiled.

"Come on, why don't you get changed and get into bed." She nodded and removed her arms from around him. "Do you want me to stay in here with you or do you want to be alone?" She thought about it for a few seconds, staring up at his face.

"Will you stay?" She asked softly. He smiled and nodded, leaning down to kiss her forehead gently.

"If you want me to, of course I will." She smiled and went to grab her pajamas while he went to lay on her bed. She got changed in the bathroom and washed her face, brushed her teeth, did all the nightly things she needed before going back into the bedroom to find Alex already asleep, his mouth wide open while soft snores fell from his lips. She giggled and laid down next to him but didn't curl up to him like she usually would. She was still hurt but she understood, it would just take time.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ive had an awful day. really really awful. my heart problems getting bad, so bad I had to stay home from school and then this afternoon I found out that my ex is getting another girlfriend. that would be okay if we didnt break up less than a week ago. whatever. he's a jerk and totally deleted from my life. I wish it was as easy to delete memories as it is to delete messages and pictures. than everything would be perfect. if only.

anyway. comment.