Sequel: When You Love Someone
Status: Finished. Go check out the sequel.

So Wrong, It's Right.

Don't Waste Your Time On Me.

The next day, after the couple got up and got ready for their day, Lanie called Kara, saying she needed a girls day/night.

"Of course! Just me and you! We'll get movies, ice cream, and talk about our stupid boyfriends." Lanie laughed and then realized that Kara must not know about Lisa and Alex, maybe none of the guys knew about it, it may have been kept just secret between Alex and Lisa.

"Sounds great."

"Perfect! Why don't we go shopping first? Wanna meet me at the mall in 20 minutes?" Kara questioned, a smile obvious in her voice.

"Okay, see you then." The friends said their goodbyes and hung up. Lanie finished up her makeup before venturing out of her bedroom in search of Alex.

"Alex?" She called when she searched the living room, kitchen, and his bedroom and found him no where. She finally found him out on the back deck, wedged into a patio chair with his guitar on his lap. He was playing softly, his eyes closed as his fingers ghosted over the strings.

Make it a sweet, sweet goodbye -
it could be for the last time and it's not right.
"Don't let yourself get in over your head," he said.
Alone and far from home I'll find you...

Dead - Like a candle you burned out;
spill the wax over the spaces left in place of angry words.
Scream - To be heard, like you needed any more attention;
throw the bottle, break the door, and disappear.

Sing me to sleep, I'll see you in my dreams,
waiting to say, "I miss you. I'm so sorry."

Forever's never seemed so long as when you're not around
it's like a piece of me is missing.
I could have learned so much from you but what's left now?
Don't you realize you shot this family a world of pain?
Can't you see there should have been a happy ending we let go?

Sing me to sleep, I'll see you in my dreams,
waiting to say, "I miss you. I'm so sorry."

Sing me to sleep.
Sing me to sleep.
Sing me to sleep.
Sing me to s...

Sing me to sleep (You've taken so much with you...)
I'll see you in my dreams, (But left the worst with me...),
waiting to say, "I miss you. I'm so sorry."
I'm sorry, I'm sorry.


Lanie stood in the doorway, watching him as he sang the song that was obviously very important to him.

By the end of it, he had tears falling down his cheeks. He opened his eyes as his fingers stilled on the strings. When he noticed the teen, he tried to quickly wipe away the tears so she wouldn't notice but it was obvious she had, from the sad look on her face and the concerned crease between her eyebrows.

"That was a nice song." She said. He sniffled, wiped his cheeks again and put the guitar down. He looked up at her sadly and opened his arms, inviting her to come sit on his lap. She slowly made her way over to him, curling up in his arms on his lap.

"That song was written for my brother, Daniel." Alex explained, burying his face into her hair as she rested her head on his shoulder.

"You never told me you had a brother."

"He died. I was just a teenager. He committed suicide." Lanie gasped and lifted her head up to look at him, more tears were falling down his cheeks.

"Oh, Alex. I'm so sorry." She brought her hand up to rest on his cheek.

"I just miss him so much." She nodded in complete understand.

"I'm sure you do. Why didn't you tell me sooner?" He shook his head.

"I didn't know how, I just... wanted to forget about it, but with your parents and just everything lately, I've been thinking about him a lot and I just miss him so much." Lanie turned so she was straddling his lap, put both of her hands on his cheeks, and her forehead to his while his hands rested on her hips, his eyes closing as he took in her sweet perfume.

"You could have come and talked to me about it. I do sort of know what your going through." She spoke softly, as if talking to a kid.

"I just felt that maybe if I just ignored it all, it wouldn't hurt as much."

"That obviously doesn't work." Alex just shook his head and let more tears fall down his cheeks. Lanie's heart broke at the sight of the man who was usually so strong and put together was so broken and fragile right now. It was time for her to take care of him for once.

Lanie sighed and leaned forward, closing the small gap between their lips. She didn't know what else to do. When she was upset about her parents and Alex would kiss her, it was like all her problems disappeared and there was only the two of them, hopefully that would work for him too.

As they kissed, she wiped the tears from his cheeks, happy that no more seemed to be falling as he kissed her eagerly, his lips full of hunger and lust. He needed her, that was all, she made him feel okay, she made everything better and he could never lose her.

When they pulled away, they kept their foreheads together.

"Me and Kara were going to go out for a girls day slash night but I'll just cancel and stay here, you need me." Alex smiled and pecked her lips.

"You can go out with her. I think the guys wanted to come over for practice anyway. You can have a girls night, and I'll have a guys night." Right as they said this, the back door opened and out walked Jack and Rian, closely followed by Zack.

"Well hello." Rian said, laughing as he took the empty seat beside the two while Jack and Zack sat on top of the railing, facing the three of them. "Kara said you were meeting her at the mall." Rian spoke to Lanie who nodded and stood up from her boyfriends lap.

"Yeah, I am. I should go." She leaned down to kiss Alex's lips softly, running her hand through his hair before pulling away. "You guys have fun." She smiled at them all before venturing back into the house to grab her purse, car keys and cell phone. She smiled as she heard the guys in the backyard, joking and laughing. She looked out the kitchen window at them to see Jack being chased by Zack around the yard before Rian came out of no where and tackled Jack while Alex stood off a few feet, doubled over in laughter. Lanie smiled at their childish antics, happy that Alex had them before she left, going out to her car and heading off towards the mall.

"You are late!" Kara yelled at Lanie when she spotted Lanie walking towards the front doors of the mall.

"Sorry. Alex was upset about something and we got to talking." Kara frowned.

"Is everything okay?" Lanie nodded as the two friends linked elbows and walked into the crowded mall.

"I just found him playing a song he had written for his brother." Kara nodded sadly.

"Lullabies. It's an All Time Low song. They don't play it much, it's too hard for Alex."

"Yeah, it seemed like it. He never told me about Daniel until today."

"He doesn't like to talk about it much." Lanie nodded in understand as they decided to go into Charlotte Russe.

"So is everything else okay? Alex called Rian and I last night, crying his eyes out about something. I could barely understand him when I answered but it sounded something like 'Lanie's left me. She hates me. I fucked up. She's gone.' After Rian talked to him for a few seconds, Rian left and went to his house and didn't come home until about one thirty. What happened?" Lanie sighed and pulled out a cute black tank top.

"I went out with Matt, Jake and Jake's new boyfriend last night but I forgot my wallet in my bedroom so we came back after we ate, Matt having to pay for me but he didn't have the money to pay for my movie as well, so I needed my money. We all walked in on Alex making out with Lisa." Kara gasped and stopped looking through the shirts. "So I ran out and went and stayed with Matt until about 11, wandered the streets for a few hours cause I didn't want to go back home, I finally went home around 2. Alex was still awake and we talked it out. Turns out Lisa found out I wasn't 18 and black mailed him. If he didn't cheat on me, she'd turn him in."

"Wow. You two are okay now though right? I don't want you two to break up. You guys are like the cutest couple in the history of the universe. The way he looks at you and cares for you, and smiles just because you're in the room is the cutest thing I have ever seen." Lanie smiled and nodded.

"Everything's fine. I love him too much to just let him go like that, especially because he explained it all. It's Lisa's fault, he just didn't want to get turned in, which I understand. I wouldn't want him to either. It would be all my fault." Kara smiled softly.

"You guys just gotta be secretive until you graduate. Which is what, only a year and a half away." Lanie groaned.

"That's so freaking far away. I want to graduate early." Kara laughed and picked out a cute one shouldered tank top.

We then moved over to the dresses, just because we we felt like getting new dresses.

"Isn't there some thing you can do where you graduate at the end of first semester during senior year?"

"Yeah, I think so but you have to be like super smart for that. My grades are okay, but I don't think I'd qualify for that."

"When's your birthday anyway? I realized I don't even know." Lanie smiled.

"It's January 3rd." Kara's jaw dropped.

"That's coming up! Why haven't you mentioned this before? Does Alex know?" Lanie shook her head and looked at a cute white halter dress.

"No, he doesn't. I don't care that my birthday is coming up. If it was my 18th birthday, then yeah I'd be excited but it's just my 17th, I'm still underage." Kara sighed and shrugged.

"Well I'm telling Alex and we will be having a party." Kara's eyes suddenly lite up like it was Christmas morning. "I know! We can have a double party. A New Years party plus a birthday party! Oh yes! It will be so amazing!" Kara started jumping up and down in excitement.

"That sounds fun actually." Kara giggled excitedly and chose a black and blue dress.

After the friends paid for their items, they wandered around the mall some more, bought a pair of shoes to go with their dresses, got some lunch at the food court before leaving the mall.

"And now, we go and rent some movies, buy some junk food, and our girls night begins!" Kara exclaimed as they agreed to meet at her and Rian's house in half an hour. Kara would get the movies, and Lanie the junk food.

Lanie went to target and bought a few bags of chips, a package of Oreo's, a few packs of soda, and grabbed a few things of skittles while she was in line before heading off to Kara's house where she was already waiting by her car, a few movies in hand.

"I got us some chick flicks, because that's what you watch on girls nights. Now come on! We have things to do!" Lanie laughed and ran after Kara as she ran into the house. And so their night began.
♠ ♠ ♠
Nice long update for ya. (:
all those things really are from Charlotte Russe, i was really bored so I decided to actually find things for them to buy instead of making shirts and dresses up. lol