Sequel: When You Love Someone
Status: Finished. Go check out the sequel.

So Wrong, It's Right.

Dreams Only Last For a Night.

"You know it's Lanie's birthday on Monday, right?" Alex stopped in his tracks, turning to look at Kara who sat at his kitchen table next to Rian.

"You're kidding, right? He questioned, shutting the fridge without even getting anything out of it.

"Nope, she told me the other day while we were at the mall." Kara explained. "I told her we should have a New Years slash birthday party for her but haven't mentioned it in awhile so I think she forgot."

"Its new years Eve today, Kara!" Alex exclaimed, sitting down in a chair, running hid hand through his hair. "We don't have time to get a party together. "

"Oh, but we do." Kara smirked. "I've basically already planned everything, we just need to set it all up. I have all the decorations in my car. Zack is on his way with the cake."

"Why is everyone else in on this but me? I don't even have a present for her."

"We didn't tell you because we knew you two have had a lot of shit going on and we figured you'd just want to be with her, not focus on a party. Jake's keeping her busy until 7 tonight when everything should be ready so you have time to go her her a present while we set everything up here." Kara explained, making Alex sigh and nod.

"Okay. When's Zack supposed to be here?" Right as he finished speaking,there was a knock on the door, signaling Zack's arrival. "Never mind." Alex stood from his chair and went to let his best friend in, who was carrying a large pink box in his arms.

"I have arrived; with cake!" He announced, walking into the kitchen, setting the cake on the table.

"Are you guys sure you can handle everything if I leave?" Alex asked, slipping his jacket on and grabbing his keys from the counter.

"Of course, I'm in charge." Kara spoke, a wide grin on her face. Alex laughed and rolled his eyes before bidding them all goodbye and heading out.

____

"So, are you nervous? Jake asked his best friend as they lounged across his bed.

"Nervous? About what?" Lanie asked, frowning at Jake.

"Going to live with a Foster family." Lanie sighed and nodded.

"Of course I am. There isn't really anything I can do though now is there?" She shrugged.

"Yeah, at least you get to stay here at in Baltimore. " She just nodded. "So how are things with you and Alex?' Lanie broke into a wide grin.

"Absolutely perfect. " Jake raised an eyebrow at her before he let out a Loud gasp.

"Oh my god! You had sex with him!" Lanie giggled and covers her face with her hands. "Spill! Tell me everything!" Lanie smiled and looked back at her best friend.

"The first time was on Christmas, right after everyone left."

"And how was it?" Jake questioned, wanting to know the details.

"It was...." Lanie smiled up at the ceiling. "Amazing... perfect... everything I dreamed it would be like." Jake rolled over on his stomach and grinned at his best friend who just continued to look up at the white ceiling.

"He's he as great as he looks he would be?" Lanie laughed and just simply nodded. "Was it just the once that you've done it?" She couldn't help but laugh again.

"No, not even close." Jake's grin widened even more, if that were even possible. "I mean, we aren't like sex crazed animals or anything, we just... I don't know. It just happens sometimes when we wake up or are going to bed, or if we cuddle on the couch or something.."

"Ew! You guys did it on the couch?! I'm never sitting on that couch again." Lanie burst into laughter and shook her head.

"We didn't do it on the couch, it just started there." She explained.

"Oh, okay, good. I was about to say." He cringed and his whole body shuddered, making her roll her eyes and stand up from the bed.

"I'm bored. We should do something." She said, biting at her lip in thought.

"We can... I don't know."

"It's new years eve and we are just being cooped up in your room like birds. I want to go see Alex and the guys." She started to walk towards the door as Jake looked at his clock. It was only 5, he had to keep her away from the house until 7.

"How about we go and shop?" Lanie pouted.

"I want Alex though." Jake laughed and rolled his eyes, standing up and smoothing out his hair before walking over to his best friend.

"You can see him later, now lets go." He shoved her gently. She left the bedroom, grumbling as she went.

"I don't see why I can't go and see him now." She said, crossing her arms over her chest as she sat in the passengers seat of Jake's car.

"You see him all of the time, I mean you live with him, time to spend some time with me."

"Well if you forgot, Jake, my days of living with him are numbered." She spoke this quietly, sadness washing over her.

"Oh hey now, come on. No getting sad. It's New Years Eve! Let's forget all about this past year and start a new, be excited for what is to come." She nodded but kept silent, just stared out the window at the passing buildings.

"I'm thinking of graduating early. You know, taking more classes next year so I can graduate in December instead of in June." She spoke after awhile.

"What? Why?" Jake pulled into the parking lot of the mall, finding a parking spot easily as the mall wasn't that crowded, people were all at parties right now.

"Then if Alex and I get caught, He won't get fired." She sighed and got out of the car.

"Well hey, you're birthday is in a few days, you're that much closer to being legal." Lanie stuck her hands in her jacket pocket, a jacket that just happened to belong to Alex.

"Alex doesn't even know it's my birthday. I don't care that it's my 17th birthday on Monday. It's just a slap in the face. 'Hey! It might be your birthday but you are still underage, so who really cares!'"

"Oh come on, Lanie. Lighten up. You should be thinking of it more as 'hey! I'm closer to being 18! I'm not this stupid little 16 year old anymore! I'm so close now!'" He exclaimed, trying to cheer her up as they walked into the mall.

"Yeah, so close but its like I have my hand outstretched and my fingers are just inches away from it and right when my fingers brush it, someone yanks it back. It's like a tease, so I don't really even care." Jake just let the subject drop.

"Well, how about we find you a sexy outfit for New Years tonight with Alex? We can then get your hair, and do your makeup and everything. A whole new look for the New Year." He suggested. She bit at her lip before shrugging.

"A new look sounds good." He grinned and grabbed her hand.

"Then a new look it is. You are going to go from beautiful to jaw dropping gorgeous." Lanie rolled her eyes and allowed herself to be pulled into the nearest store. After they looked around at everything the store had, they settled on a pair of tight black skinny jeans, a purple tank top that was basically see through, so they ventured into a lingerie store and found a lacy purple bra. They then went into a department store where they found a cute pair of purple heels and a nice necklace and snake ring.

"Onto hair now!" Jake pulled her to a stop in front of a hair salon. "Hm. I think you would look good as a brunette." Lanie just rolled her eyes and followed her best friend into the salon where forty five minutes later, she emerged with wavy brunette hair that actually had extensions clipped into it. "Now, let's go to Saphora so I can do your makeup, and then you can go to Alex." Lanie smiled at the thought of being back with him, even though she had seen him just this morning, she enjoyed his company.

Jake did her makeup quickly yet made her look gorgeous. Just some foundation to even out her skin tone, a little blush, black eyeliner, mascara and some purple eye shadow before she was sent off into the bathroom to change into her new outfit.

"Wow." Jake gasped when she walked out. She smiled and did a turn. "Alex won't be able to keep his hands off of you, not that he does now anyway." Lanie smiled and followed him from the mall, feeling absolutely gorgeous as she went. When Jake got into the car, he looked at the dashboard clock and saw that it was 7:30, meaning he was late. Kara would be pissed at him for holding everything up but Jake was sure she'd get over it once she saw the new Lanie.

"You excited for Alex to see your new look?" Jake asked as he parked in front of Alex's house. Lanie grinned and quickly got out, taking the bags that held the clothes she had previously been wearing with her.

"I hope he likes it." She said as she placed her hand on the doorknob. Jake just rolled his eyes and gestured for her to go into the house.

"SURPRISE!" Lanie jumped and stared around the living room at all of her friends, complete with party hats, grinning at her.

"Holy shit!" She heard Jack yell while everyone else stared at her open mouthed, making her giggle nervously. She brought a hand up and tugged at her new hair.

"You guys like my new look? If not, it was all Jake's doing." Alex stepped forward from the crowd, his jaw practically on the floor.

"Baby, you look gorgeous." He took her into his arms and kissed her heatedly and open mouthed right there in front of every body. She giggled after a few seconds and pulled away.

"Is this for me?" She said, looking around at all the streamers and balloons around the room.

"And New Years, but mostly you." Alex said, grabbing a party hat from the coffee table and placing it on her head so she matched everyone else.

"Wow, you guys! This is awesome!" She moved around the room and hugged all of her friends.

"You look wonderful, Lanie." Matt said as everyone began to go to their own thing, music starting and drinks being passed around.

"Thank you. It will be hard to get used to the new hair color but, new year so why not start it off big?" Matt laughed and nodded.

"Sorry but I have to kidnap my gorgeous girlfriend, I plan on taking her into our bedroom and doing naughty things to her because she's so drop dead gorgeous and seeing her in this see through shirt has turned me on more than you can believe." Alex stepped up, his arm wrapping around Lanie's waist, making her laugh and Matt roll his eyes.

"Have fun." With that he left the couple and went to go talk to Rian.

"So you like the new look?" Lanie asked as he began to sway them back and forth to the music, handing her his cup of beer, which she took a large drink of before handing it back to him.

"I am absolutely in love with it. You look so... grown up. I mean, not that you did before, but now... you look at least 23." Lanie laughed.

"Now it doesn't look as weird for me to be with you, huh?" He smiled and kissed her lips gently.

"I don't care if it ever looked weird, it feels right to me." She wrapped her arm around his neck and kissed him again.

"I'm glad that I'm starting this new year with you, I couldn't imagine a better way." She whispered against his lips.

"There is no better way, that's why." She laughed and pulled away from him, taking his beer from his hand.

"Cocky bastard." She joked before turning and walking to someone else, taking his beer with her. She turned and smirked at him, giving him a little wink for extra measure.

What a way to start the new year.
♠ ♠ ♠
Lanie's new outfit
Lanie's new hair color and style

nice long update for ya.
comment. (:
this was all cute and stuff, but next chapter is the foster family, so it wont be so happy and cutesy for much longer. just a warning.