Sequel: When You Love Someone
Status: Finished. Go check out the sequel.

So Wrong, It's Right.

Spend Every Moment I Had With You

"Alex, what are you doing? Are you crazy? You can't be doing this!" Alex Gaskarth rolled his eyes and looked to his left, staring out the window, looking anywhere but at his three best friends standing in front of him, giving him a lecture.

"You can't fall for one of your students." Alex finally turned and looked up at Jack who had just spoken.

"Yes, Jack. I know that. I'm not falling for any of my students." Rian rolled his eyes before crossing his arms.

"Everytime you talk about your day, it has something to do with her. 'Lanie helped me grade those tests I had to do.' 'Lanie didn't do her homework.' 'Lanie didn't like that I assigned so much homework today.' 'Lanie was so prepared for class today.'" Rian listed off, making Alex look back out the window, a small blush creep up his neck, warming his cheeks.

"And sometimes when your doing things, you somehow bring her into the situation. 'Do you think Lanie would like this shirt.' 'I'm thinking about dying my hair, think Lanie would mind?' 'Do you think Lanie would like to eat this?'" Zack added. "You are falling for her, man. Just face it."

"So what if I am? I know that I can never be with her, she's fucking 16." Alex retorted.

"Exactly, so what you need to do is go out and find yourself a girl. Why don't you call up Lisa? She's called a few times, go out and get a drink with her." Rian suggested, sitting down on the couch beside Alex. "Just do something other than sitting here thinking about this girl who is nothing but jail bait." Alex sighed and nodded.

"Yeah, you guys are right." He stood up. "I'll call Lisa and see if she wants to do something tonight." With that he left the living room, making his way towards his bedroom to go call his ex-girlfriend.

Lisa Ruocco. Alex's ex girlfriend from high school. They had only just broken up recently and it was a hard breakup. Alex missed her and from the times she'd called and left messages on his answering machine, she missed him. She may be just what Alex needs to get Lanie off his mind.

__

"So, how was your weekend everyone?" Mr. Gaskarth stood in front of his fifth period class. His weekend was remarkable, he spend from Friday night until this morning with Lisa, the two of them getting back together.

"Lanie fucked her best friends boyfriend!" One of the cheerleaders in the back called, making everyone start laughing except for Lanie and Jake who slouched down in their seats, their cheeks turning red.

"Jessica, be quiet." Mr. Gaskarth warned the cheerleader and quieted down the class. Alex got the class working on a worksheet. As he sat at his desk, grading the homework he had assigned over the weekend, he would glance up at Lanie and Jake, seeing that they weren't talking or even sitting close to each other, their chairs were as far away as possible.

As the bell rang, Jake quickly gathered his things before leaving the room without Lanie who sat in her seat, gathering her stuff slowly, tears brimming at her eyes.

"So, what happened?" Mr. Gaskarth asked, coming to sit on top of her desk as the last student left the room.

"It doesn't matter. I messed up, that's it." She stood up, tossing her messenger bag over her shoulder about to walk out but Mr. Gaskarth grabbed her arm, making her sit back down.

"It obviously does matter. Just tell me what happened." Lanie sighed and ran a hand through her dark blonde waves before looking up at her teacher.

"There was a party on Saturday night, I snuck out and went to it with Jake and his boyfriend Sebastian. All three of us had too much beer and got totally wasted. Jake ran off to go throw up and then all of a sudden Sebastian was kissing me." Lanie brought her hand up to wipe the tears from her cheeks. "I was too drunk... I didn't know what was happening. Jake found us in his car later, naked and passed out. Jake hates me."

"I'm sure he doesn't hate you. It was a mistake, you were drunk, you couldn't control what you were doing." Mr. Gaskarth assured her, putting his hand on her shoulder in an attempt to comfort her.

"No, he hates me. He said so himself. He called me a backstabbing slut who deserves to die alone."

"He's just angry. Give him time to calm down, everything will be fine." Just then the tardy bell rang, meaning Lanie was late for band.

"I have to go." She stood up. "I'm late for band."

"I can write you a pass." Mr. Gaskarth stood up as well, walking over to his desk and grabbing a piece of paper. He scribbled a note on it and signed it before turning around to find Lanie crumpled on the floor, her face in her hands, sobbing. He sighed and walked over to her, kneeling down beside her to take her in his arms. "Everything's going to be fine, I promise." He rubbed her back in an attempt to comfort her.

"He was my best friend and I hurt him. I ruined his relationship."

"It was Sebastian's fault. He's the one who kissed you." Lanie shook her head.

"I could have stopped it."

"Lanie, you have to stop blaming yourself. Everything will get better, I promise you." She pulled back from him and stared at him in the eyes.

"You promise?" He smiled and brought a hand up to wipe away a few of her cheeks.

"Yes, I promise." She nodded.

"Thanks Mr. Gaskarth." He stood up, offering his hand out to her, helping her get up.

"Of course. Here ya go, you better get to class." He said, handing her the note.

"Yeah. Okay. I'll see you tomorrow."

"Have a good night, Lanie." He said as she walked towards the door. She turned and smiled at him.

"You too, Mr. Gaskarth." With that she left the room, leaving Alex alone.

He fell into his desk chair and sighed, running a hand through his hair.

If he hadn't been falling for her before, he sure as hell is now...
♠ ♠ ♠
Check out the characters section. I added Lanie, Alex and Jake. I'll add others later. (:
thanks to Shameless, TemperamentalMelody, and madasBELLA for being the only ones to have commented so far.
Let's try and get more comments, yeah? (: