Sequel: When You Love Someone
Status: Finished. Go check out the sequel.

So Wrong, It's Right.

I Just Want To Hold You Close.

Lanie felt herself go limp in Matt's arms, her eyes sliding shut. She didn't kiss back but she also didn't fight him. After a few seconds he pulled back and smiled down at her softly.

"Dammit Lanie, I love you and I am perfect for you. Alex he... yeah, he's a great guy, but he's too old for you and-" Lanie shook her head and stepped away from her best friend.

"He's who I want to be with, Matt. I'm sorry." Matt looked at the ground and sighed, nodding his head in defeat.

"Alright. When he hurts you again though, you know exactly where I'm at, my arms are always open for you." He said, looking back up at her sadly. Lanie just nodded and took another step away from him. He sighed and reached for the door handle, pulling it shut after him as he left, leaving Lanie standing in the entry way alone, while Alex stood in the living room.

Lanie turned and went back into the living room where Alex stood, his head down.

"I'm sorry about him." Lanie spoke, bringing her hand up to her lips, still able to feel the press of his lips against hers.

"He's right." Alex spoke softly, keeping his head down. Lanie wasn't sure if he knew Matt had kissed her or not, you can't see the front door from where he was standing, but I'm sure he guessed it by the way they had been so silent for a while.

"Right about what?" Lanie asked, sort of afraid to hear the answer. She had a bad feeling about this conversation.

"I'm not right for you. He is." Lanie quickly shook her head.

"That's not true, and you know it." Alex sighed and ran a hand through his dark brown hair and looked up at Lanie finally, frowning at her.

"I'm way too old for you and he's also right, I've hurt you a lot. Who says I'm not going to do it again." Alex spoke sadly, shrugging, making Lanie shake her head and step over to Alex, looking up at him, clutching at the front of his shirt.

"I say you won't. I trust you. And I'm going to be 18 very soon so age won't matter anymore." Alex sighed and gripped at her hands, pulling them off his shirt.

"I just... he's right, Lanie." Lanie felt tears well up in her eyes.

"What about our baby? He's due very soon. What about him?" Lanie questioned, making Alex sigh again and step away from her.

"We'll figure something out." He spoke softly. Lanie now had tears falling down her cheeks. She quickly wiped them away and nodded.

"Fine. I'll get my things and go. You think this through and let me know in a few days if this is truly what you want." Alex just nodded and allowed her to pass him and disappear into their, his room. She quickly packed a small suitcase of clothes and her toiletries before walking back out to the living room. "I'm sorry that you feel this way, Alex, I really do." She made no move to stop the tears falling from her cheeks as she went to stand in front of him again.

"It's what's best." He said quietly, making her shake her head.

"In what way? You're basically abandoning your son." She spat at him, she had to admit, she was now pissed. She was stunned he had let Matt finally get to him and was willing to give up his family just because he let a jealous teenager get into his head. "Matt is just saying that shit to mess with you, and you know it. We've been together for almost a year and things have been for the most part perfect, and now suddenly you are just giving it up." Lanie shook her head.

"I am not abandoning Colton, Lanie. I am doing what's best for him." Lanie frowned at Alex and his words.

"What's best? All of his stuff is here, Alex. I have nothing for him at Bekka and Rick's. So you are abandoning him, Alex. You're abandoning your family." Lanie shook her head and began to walk away but he grabbed her wrist and pulled her back around and to him, pressing their lips roughly together.

Lanie dropped her suitcase and wrapped both of her arms around his neck while his arms circled her waist, holding her as close to him as possible. They kissed heatedly for a few seconds before he pulled away from her and stepped back, untangling his arms from her.

"I just wanted one last kiss..." He said softly, looking down at the ground. The tears had resumed on Lanie's face. She thought that kiss had been him apologizing, saying she could stay but it wasn't, it was his goodbye. She leaned down as best she could and grabbed her suitcase again.

"Fine. Goodbye, Alex." With that she turned on her heel and walked out of the house, leaving Alex alone. He stood silently in the living room for a few minutes, tears starting to fall down his cheeks before he walked numbly down the hall and into the blue nursery. He fell to his knees in the middle of the room, falling forward to bury his face in the small rug with the cute baby elephants on it. He began to full on sob into the soft material.

What had he just done?
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's been a while. I was just kinda stuck with how I wanted this chapter to happen. I've had this planned for a while, it was just about finally getting it out. Hopefully I did an okay job.

So, I'm going to do some shameless self promotion here. I have mentioned before this other Alex story of mine. Through The Lens. Well, I have a decent amount of readers and subs for it, but not that many people commenting. :( So if you could go and check that out. It also has Max Green from Escape the Fate, if you like him. (:

thank you! :D