Sequel: When You Love Someone
Status: Finished. Go check out the sequel.

So Wrong, It's Right.

I Just Want To Make It Through This Night.

Lanie sat in the hospital bed, staring up at the ceiling, no one but her foster mother in the room with her but they were both silent. Bekka didn't know what to say or do, Lanie wanted nothing but Alex to be beside her but he hadn't showed up yet. Her contractions were 4 minutes apart now, the doctors were hopeful that she would be having her baby within the next two or so hours, possibly less.

"Bekka." Lanie gasped, reaching out for her mom's hand as a contraction rippled her body. Bekka took the hand of the teen and let her grip onto it tightly until the contraction was over, leaving the teen gasping and close to tears on the bed. "I want Alex." She said sadly, making Bekka sigh and nod.

"I'll go call him again." Lanie nodded and let go of her hand, letting her walk towards the door but before she could open it, it swung open and in walked Alex, Matt, and Jake.

"I am so sorry it took so long to get here. We were half way here when we realized that we should tell Jake so we had to go back, but then we got stuck in traffic." Alex spoke quickly as he rushed over to Lanie who held her hand out to him, which he quickly took. He bent down, brushing the hair from her forehead and pressing his lips to her head, making her close her eyes in happiness at the feel of his lips. "How are you doing?"

"I'm fine." She responded quietly. He pulled back to look into her eyes, hoping she could see how sorry he was for what had happened between them. Right now she didn't care though. She only cared about how he was here now and that was all that mattered. That and the fact that they would be holding their son in their arms very soon.

"We'll give you two a minute alone." Jake said, grabbing Matt's arm and pulling him from the room, Bekka nodding and following the two out, closing the door after them. Alex sat beside Lanie and smiled down at her.

"How close together are your contractions?" He asked her, reaching the hand that wasn't holding hers down to rub her belly.

"A few minutes. I just had one before you got here so probably another minute or so for another one." She explained, making him nod.

"Look, Lanie. I'm sorry for what happened. I was out of line and just... not thinking clearly." She just had time to nod before another contraction rippled through her body, making her grip Alex's hand tightly. After the pain subsided, she sighed and wiped at her forehead and then looked back up at Alex who looked a little horrified. "Holy shit. How are you dealing with that and then going on as if nothing happened?" She couldn't help but laugh and pat his hand, which still rested on her stomach.

"I'm just putting on a strong face. Really it hurts like hell, but I'm too excited, plus they are giving me pain drugs soon. It will hurt, but not as bad."

"Hell yeah, its going to hurt. I mean you're squeezing a baby out of your-"

"Thank you, Alex. I know, you already taught me that, remember?" They both laughed as Alex nodded.

"Yes, I remember." Just then, the door opened and in walked Lanie's doctor, who shook Alex's hand.

"You must be the father." She asked Alex, who nodded and smiled widely. "When was your last contraction?" She asked Lanie but before she could answer, she began to have another one. "So, very close together now. Good." She then had Lanie open her legs so she could check and see how dilated Lanie was. "You are 9 centimeters now, which means you are very close to pushing. We will start your epidural right now so there is time for it to kick in before we start delivering this baby. Only the father and one other person may be in the room at the time of the birth, I figure it will be your mother?" Lanie just nodded as more pain rippled through her body, making her grip Alex's hand tighter, which made him grimace a little but he dealt with it, as he knew it was nothing compared to what Lanie was going through and would be going through.

So, after Lanie got the epidural, it was all a waiting game. When Bekka came back inside, she informed the couple that the band, along with Kara, had showed up and were waiting in the waiting room. Alex was feeding Lanie ice chips, the doctor saying that this would help her but as the contractions got worse, they just pissed Lanie off and she ended up smacking Alex's hand away, turning the back of his hand red, so he gave up on that.

"So, Lanie, you ready to start?" Her doctor asked her finally, making her just nod. She wanted the pain to be over already, she wanted her son. So, she was put into position and then instructed to push.

"Come on, baby, you can do it." Alex encouraged, gripping onto her hand as she pushed as hard as she could, gripping onto Bekka's hand as well.

"Okay, Lanie, stop pushing. Take a deep breath," Her doctor instructed. "And push again." One of the nurses counted to 10 and when she got to ten, Lanie relaxed, falling back onto her pillows. Alex brought her hand up to his lips and kissed it.

"You are doing great." He spoke to her as she was instructed to push once more.

"Her comes his head!" The doctor yelled. Bekka went and looked, looking so surprised and happy by all of this. She had always wanted children but obviously, couldn't have them. "Alright, Lanie. His shoulders are out, give me a really big push." Lanie did as instructed and then gave one last push, bringing her baby out the rest of the way. "Baby Colton every body!" The doctor announced.

Alex was asked if he wanted to cut the umbilical cord, which he said yes to, so after he did that, a nurse took Colton and cleaned him up before wrapping him in a blanket and setting him in Lanie's tired arms. Alex said beside her and together they stared down at their son.

"He amazing." Lanie whispered, bringing her fingers up to run through his wispy light brown hair. Slowly, his eyes opened and he stared up at his parents, his blue eyes matching those of his mothers.

"He's perfect." Alex agreed, reaching forward to place his finger in the small fist of his son.

"It's so surreal. Holding him now. He's not in my stomach any more." Alex smiled and leaned down to kiss her forehead.

"You're going to come home now, right?" Lanie looked up at Alex, staring into his brown eyes.

"I don't know where else I would go. As long as you want me, I'll always be there." He smiled and leaned down to press his lips to hers softly.

"I want you to be there with me, forever." He said when he pulled away from her, making her smile widely as their son dozed off in her arms, his hand still clamped around his fathers finger.

"Then that's where I'll be."
♠ ♠ ♠
So!

I've been doing some thinking about this story.
and.
I have to ask you guys something.
Would you guys like a sequel to this?
Or, i was thinking of doing a few more chapters of them with Colton and then to an epilogue of a few years in the future.

The sequel would probably pick up a few months into the future, it wouldn't be like... years or anything.
Just let me know, guys. (: