Sequel: When You Love Someone
Status: Finished. Go check out the sequel.

So Wrong, It's Right.

You're Not Alone

The rain poured down from the sky in thick sheets, soaking everything it touched in seconds.

Even though she was soaked to the bone, Lanie stood in front of the school, leaning up against a low decorative wall, her t-shirt hanging from her skin, wet and cold. Her dark blonde hair hung in her face, stringy and tangled.

It was lunchtime again, though now it was December 14th, just a few days before they got out for Christmas break and not a thing had changed.

Lanie normally had lunch with Alex in his classroom. One of them would bring food and they'd share or sometimes when they both brought something, they'd swap or just share. The two of them had become pretty good friends, exchanging secrets, jokes, and tears.

Today was Alex's 23rd birthday and Lanie knew she should be inside with him, celebrating his birthday with him but when she went to his room after class like she did everyday, his door was locked, his lights off. She had no where to go and since it was raining outside, the kids who normally venture outside during lunch, had stayed inside, making the halls too crowded for Lanie's liking so she decided to go outside, not caring that her makeup was running down her face, her hair was a tangled mess and her clothes were baggy and wet on her skinny body.

"Lanie?" The teen jumped slightly as she heard her name being called behind her over the roar of the rain. She turned to find Alex, his head sticking out the door, squinting at her though the downpour. "What are you doing out here? Get in here!" She spun around fully and took the few steps to the door which was being held all the way open by her teacher and only friend. "Why were you out there in the rain?" He asked as soon as the door was shut behind her.

"You weren't in your room and I just wanted to get away from everyone." Lanie answered with a shrug, tugging her bag more up her shoulder, situating it in a comfortable position.

"I was in the office. I was just going to be a minute. Sorry." As they made their way through the halls, everyone turned to stare at the two of them. Almost everyone knew that they spent lunch together, rumors had even started of the two of them 'going at it' on his desk. That was completely false though, as far as Lanie knew, he was still dating Lisa.

"So, happy birthday, old man. How old are you now? 75?" They both laughed as she shoved him with her shoulder gently as they stopped in front of his class room.

"Yeah, that sounds about right." He smiled at her and pulled out his keys from his pocket to unlock his door.

"So, any plans for tonight? Goin out with friends? A party?" Lanie questioned as they sat down at his desk in the same way they had the first day she joined him for lunch. Lanie in his seat, him sitting in a chair pulled up from one of the other tables, placed on the side of the desk.

"Gonna go out with the guys probably."

"What about Lisa?" Lanie always found herself asking about Lisa, she was just curious about how their relationship was.

"No, no Lisa." He responded, pulling out the sandwich he'd brought for them to share, handing her half of it.

"Things not so good with the Ruocco-Gaskarth couple?" Alex laughed and took a bite of his sandwich.

"Nope, things aren't so good. I just don't love her anymore. I haven't felt the same towards her in months."

"You should tell her. It's better she knew than you keep leading her on like that." Lanie felt herself begin to shake. The heat of the classroom, as well as her own body heat and his body heat radiating beside her, was making her clothes dry a little but still not enough. Her clothes were still soaking wet.

"You cold?" He questioned, watching her pull her hoodie closer to her body. She answered with a small shrug of her skinny shoulders. "Hm. You know, I have some clothes in my car. I stayed the night at Lisa's the other night and just haven't brought my bag home yet. You could change into them. At least change shirts, you can wear my jacket. Be a little more dry." He suggested.

"Oh. No, thanks, Mr. G, but I'm fine." He rolled his eyes and stuffed the rest of his sandwich into his mouth before standing up. He came and stood behind her.

"Sure you are." He reached forward, one arm on each side of her. She sat frozen in between his arms as he reached to open the front drawer of his desk. "I'll be right back." He pulled out his car keys and closed the drawer, standing up straight, moving his arms away from her.

"Okay." She managed to squeak out as he walked out of the room, closing the door after him.

The blonde sat in silence, eating her half of the sandwich slowly, taking a few sips of her water every now and then as well.

It wasn't very much longer after he left that Alex came back into the room, a small duffel bag on his shoulder. He made his way back to the desk, tossing the bag on there and unzipping it.

"So, I have a few shirts in here. Which would you like?" He pulled out a yellow shirt with the words 'Where's the beef?' across the front in red, and then another that was just a plain white v-neck. Lanie reached for the white one, taking it from his hands. "I'll leave the room so you can change. I'll be outside, just open the door when you're done." With that he left the room, once more shutting the door behind him.

Lanie stood from the chair and looked down at the shirt in her hands. She brought it up to her nose and took in it's sweet scent. There was no way to describe it besides the fact that it was purely Alex.

She pulled over soaked hoodie and tossed it on the floor, her own plain black t-shirt following. She slipped the soft cotton shirt over her head, moving her hair out of her way and let the soft fabric rest on her body. It was about for sizes too big but it was warm at least.

She moved towards the door and opened it, finding her teacher standing up against the wall across the hall, his arms crossed gently over his chest.

"So, how do I look?" She asked, doing a full turn to let him see all of the plain shirt.

"Amazing." He responded, moving back into the classroom. "Here." He took his plain black hoodie off his body and handed it to her.

"I'm fine. The shirts enough." He rolled his eyes and draped it around her shoulders anyway. "Fine. Thank you." Their eyes met, their gazes locked as they stood just inches from one another.

"No problem." Alex answered softly, staring down at the beautiful girl in front of her.

They held eye contact for what seemed like minutes.

Is he getting closer to me?

This question wondered across Lanie's mind as her and her teacher stared at each other.

They both jumped away from one another as the bell rang overhead, signaling that lunch was over.

"Umm. Well. Happy Birthday, again." Lanie moved back towards his desk and grabbed her shirt and jacket, stuffing them in her bag as he put the chair he had sat in earlier back in its place as kids starting to walk in.

"Thank you." He smiled at her softly before moving to his desk, shuffling around with papers and such, occupying him self.

He'd almost kissed her.

Fuck

Now he really wanted to kiss her...

Double fuck
♠ ♠ ♠
so... a lot of crap going on..
A lot of drama.
long story short, I have to go to a therapist and am being put on depression/anxiety meds.
yay.

Oh, and I have heart problems, which Ive had for a while, but they've gotten worse so I have to go to a cardiologist now.

I'll try and update as often as I can though.
comments will help a lot. (: