Sequel: When You Love Someone
Status: Finished. Go check out the sequel.

So Wrong, It's Right.

Truth Is Now Acceptable

"Jack, I have a problem. A huge problem." The 23 year old paced back and forth in front of his best friend who sat on the couch, staring at the young adult in confusion.

"You knock up Lisa?" Jack questioned, making Alex stop his pacing and glare at the immature man.

"No, fucktard, Lisa is not pregnant. This has nothing to do with Lisa. It's about someone else."

"Did you knock up Lanie?"

"What the fuck, Jack?! No! This does have to do with her though." Lanie's beautiful smiling face burst into his mind, how close he was to feeling those soft lips against his today.

"Then what? Just come out with it." Alex sighed and tossed himself into the ratty reclining chair and stared up at the ceiling.

"I almost kissed her today. And now all I've been thinking about is actually doing it."

"Whoa, dude. She's only sixteen. You're twenty-three."

"I know that, Jack." Alex sighed and ran his hand through his hair. "It's just... when I'm around her.. I'm so happy and complete. I just love being in her presence."

"Listen, how about we walk down to the Starbucks a few blocks down and get some coffee, talk about this there over a nice cup of coffee?" Jack suggested. Alex just nodded, coffee sounded good right now. So the two of them slid on their jackets and left the house, making the walk in about fifteen minutes, arriving at the small Starbucks and stepping into its warmth.

"Mr. G?" Alex turned from his place as he stood in line to find the one and only Lanie Eastman standing beside him, a hot chocolate gripped in her hands.

"Whoa. Lanie, hi!" Alex felt a wide smile come to his face. "What are you doing here?" Lanie smiled up at the man.

"Well, this is a public place, I'm allowed to come here when ever I chose, which lately is all the time. I do my homework here. It's relaxing. I live about 4 blocks down that way." She pointed in the direction Alex's house is in.

"I live about 4 blocks that way as well." He said, laughing at he and Jack moved up in line, them now being next.

"What street? I live on Jefferson Street." Alex began to laugh.

"So do I." Lanie laughed with him.

"How funny." Alex and Jack stepped up to the counter then, ordering their drinks. "Oh, Lanie, this is Jack. Jack, this is Lanie." Jack moved to the other side of Alex, holding his hand out to the teen.

"Hi! Nice to meet you. I've heard a lot about you." Jack greeted excitedly. He now knew why Alex had such an infatuation with the girl, she was gorgeous. Her laugh was contagious and her smile seemed to warm the whole room.

"Nice to meet you too," Lanie smiled up, having to crane her neck to look fully at the tall, lanky man. "I've heard a lot about you as well." Alex smiled at Lanie and reached for his and Jack's drinks before the three of them headed off to the table Lanie had been seated at, her backpack and books sprawled on top of the desk. She moved them all out of the way as she sat on one side of the table, the two men across from her.

"So, what are your plans for tonight?" Jack asked Lanie, smiling at her happily.

"Um.. Probably was just going to sit at home, do nothing." She answered, shrugging.

"Then you will join us tonight." Jack decided, making both Alex and Lanie frown.

"Um... What are you guys doing tonight? Aren't you guys gonna go out and like.. drink? I'm not old enough for that."

"We're gonna go to dinner later, then go to this club that is super relaxed. They let any aged person into the club, they just won't sell you drinks. Come on, you should come. It will be so much fun. After, we're gonna have a movie night at Alex's. You live by him so it will be easy for you to get home. Please?" Lanie looked from Jack's puppy dog face, his lip jutting out in a pout, over to Alex who was just watching her blankly, waiting for a response.

"Do you want me to come?"

"I'd love for you to. It will be fun. Give you a chance to get out of the house as well." He answered, making her shrug.

"Yeah. I guess I'm in." Jack started bouncing in his seat excitedly.

"Yay! This night is going to be so fucking amazing!"