Memori

Of Red and Blue

Aiden watched as Draco disappeared up the stairs, before turning to the parchment in her hand. Not knowing what to think, she just stared at it for a while.
She knew what it was, but in all honesty she was scared to open it. Aiden was scared about what the words would reveal. She thought back to the time when he asked her to the ball, back in the library, and she couldn't help but wonder if he actually really wanted to go to the ball with her or if he was messing with her head.
Of course, she already planned on telling Landon that she would go with him, but her curiosity was getting the best of her. Aiden found herself being tempted to open it.
Suddenly there was a knock on the door, causing Aiden to jump. Remembering that Hermione was outside, she immediately went to let her in.

"What did you need to talk to Alex about?" Aiden asked as soon as her friend walked in. Hermione looked at her with sad eyes.

"Mione, whats wrong?" Aiden asked with caring eyes. Unfortunately Aiden could not understand that her friend felt extremely guilty for not stopping her that day when she got her memories erased, and now Hermione watches her walk around like a mindless person.

"Aiden, I'm so sorry, please I thought it would help you." Hermione said, almost in tears. This worried Aiden.

"What are you talking about?" Aiden asked as she helped Hermione to the couch.

"I tried talking to Alex and he said that there is nothing that he can do."

"Mione, seriously what are you talking about?"

Hermione stared at her friend, before finally coming back to reality. She knew that
no matter how many times she apologizes, Aiden would never understand why.
Even if she told her the truth, Aiden would not understand, and it would only confuse her even more.

"I can't say, I really can't. But please understand that I only wanted what was best for you."

"Mione, whatever it is, I know you would never do anything to hurt me. I just really wish you'd tell me what is bothering you. I'm sure I can help."

Hermione looked at the fire burning and then back to Aiden. How can she possibly even explain what happened to a person who has no memories of it ever occurring.

"What is that?" Hermione asked, changing the subject. Aiden looked down, on the floor was the letter Draco gave her. She picked it up, before turning to Hermione and saying, "Malfoy gave me a poem."

This made Hermione's guilt even stronger. The reason Hermione felt so bad is because she knew that you must never mess with memories, it changes a person, it changes their life. Even if she was still upset that Draco became a deatheater, she knew that in the end Aiden would have figured out some way to be with him. Draco was the only guy to ever make her happy, the only one to make Aiden so in love. It was weird, even to Hermione, but she knew that the two were meant to be. Also for Draco's sake, she has got to witness the Slytherin actually change for the better. As much as she didn't want to admit, even Valor knew they made the wrong decision.

"What do you plan on doing?" Hermione asked.

"Probably not even going to open it. Besides, I really want to go with Landon." Aiden replied.

"Landon? From Ravenclaw?"

"Yeah, if you didn't run off I was going to tell you that he was the one that gave me the poem earlier." Aiden said, handing her the letter from Landon. Hermione began to read it, and within a minute, she looked away and gave the letter back.

"I don't understand why he would write about that, but I just assumed that is what Blue Love means to him." Aiden said, putting the letter back into her cloak.

Hermione almost lost it right there. It was as if it was fate's way of constantly reminding her that she made a big mistake. That she didn't stop her friend from losing something so precious.

"Aiden, I know right now, things might not make sense, but I hope that someday, it will be clear again. But Landon wrote that for a reason, and its because something he experienced, with you."

"What do you mean?"

"Hey, are you two coming up or what?" a voice said above them. Looking up, the two girls saw Valor, dressed in her pj's.

"Yeah, sorry." Aiden said tucking Draco's letter into her cloak, along side Landon's, as she got up from the couch.

"Hey Aiden." Hermione whispered, making Aiden turn to her.

"I really think you should read Draco's poem. He's not as bad as you think." Hermione said, before walking past her and headed up the stairs to Valor's room.

Hermione's words left Aiden confused. Why would she say that? Hermione is suppose to hate Draco as much as she does. It didn't make any sense. Her two friends are acting weird, and she didn't like feeling out of place.

"I think I'm going to stay down here a little longer." Aiden called to Valor.

"What? Why?" Valor asked, but before she could find out, Hermione pulled her away saying, "I'll tell you in the room."

Aiden then watched her friends disappear from the staircase, then sat back down on the couch. Pulling out Draco's letter, she stared at it again. As if daring herself to open it. She then decided to listen to Hermione and just read it. With a deep breath, she unfolded the letter.

" To sail away on bitters end
I lost my love, I lost my friend
I have given up, I let her down
I miss her voice, I miss it's sound
Against my will, I become like those
Who lose their soul, and end up foes
I stare and look upon her face
To see my life, my saving grace.
She does not know, of words I say
Her love for me has gone away
But my heart remains by her side
She changed my life and broke my pride
I found the one who's more of worth
An angel who walks amongst this earth
My love for her is still strong and true
More of Red, and less of Blue
Red to say that the spark still burns
yet Blue until my love returns."

Aiden sat there in silence, not knowing what to think and how to make of Draco's poem. She has two different poems with two different meanings. What makes it worse is that they don't make any sense to her, but she knew one thing. Her friends are hiding something.

Without another thought, Aiden folded Draco's poem and headed up the stairs to Valor's room.
♠ ♠ ♠
I just want to say thanks so much for reading! Feel free to rate the story and comment! I really would like to know your thoughts on my story so far!