Memori

She's mine

A week has passed and things weren't any less complicated than before. Draco sat in his room, contemplating on what to do and how to do it. He stared at the crumpled piece of paper that he received last night. It said one word, yet that one word had his life dangling by a string.

Soon.

That's all they wrote, yet Draco knew that it meant. Soon the Dark Lord would call upon him, expecting him to fulfill his duty as a deatheater. Why now? Why when he found out about Aiden's memories aren't completely lost. Draco didn't want to be known as the guy she dreams of. No, he wouldn't settle for that. He knew at that moment what he would do if Aiden's memories were to ever be restored. Draco decided he would run away with her, never become one of them. He'd be risking his life of course, but he would do it for her. The moment he fell in love with her, his whole world had changed. Even his view on himself. What if her memories can never be restored? That question was on Draco's mind everyday. He wanted to believe in fairytales and happy endings, but the closer he got, the farther it seemed. He thought back to when they first liked eachother. Suddenly as if a light bulb had turned on in his head, Draco stood. Finally with a decent plan, he knew it was worth a shot. His goal had been to make Aiden remember, now another and much better goal came about. He was to try and make her fall in love with him again, as if having a chance to start all over, a fresh canvas. It would be tougher with the memories Alex replaced but it sounded more promising. He had to do it before they called for him. Draco glanced at the paper once more before walking out of the room to head to class.

Meanwhile, Aiden and her friends were on their way to Transfiguration. She has been meaning to question Hermione and Valor but every time she decided against it.
Not now. She thought. At the moment, she had other problems. For one, who she would choose to go to the dance with. The dance is at the end of this week, and she still hasnt decided. Her mind would settle on Landon, but the moment she thinks she had made her decision, Draco's poem would pop into her head, causing her to rethink. Of course she hated the guy, but something about him made her wonder what his true intentions were. As if something was telling her to figure it out. He's apologized, he hasn't done anything to hurt her, and even Hermione claimed he's changed,for all she knew, she was beginning to forgive the guy. For unknown reasons, something inside made her feel something else for him. Anyone in her position would be hesitant, but Aiden trusted her instincts.

"Stupid gut feeling." She thought to herself.

Her last encounter with Draco had been sometime last week. Since then she hasn't seen him around. Even if she still wanted an explanation.

As she and her friends walked into the classroom, her eyes set upon Draco who sat in his usual seat, at the back. He locked eyes with her, making her heart beat fast. Immediately she contemplated if she should walk up to him and question him about the last time they talked, but Valor's hand around her arm said otherwise. She followed them to their seats, not bothering to look to the back of the class the rest of the period.

It had been hard to concentrate on today's lesson, but Aiden tried her best to push her questions aside.

"Hey, are you okay?" Hermione's voice asked, interrupting her thoughts.

"Huh?"

"Are you okay? You seem a bit, lost." Hermione said, before glancing down at Aiden's notebook.

"I'm fine. Other things on my mind is all." Aiden replied, quickly closing her notebook, trying to drop the conversation.

"Anything to concern about?"

"No, just which dress to wear for the dance." Aiden lied, holding a smile on her face as she did. Hermione smiled back, before returning to her work.

Aiden felt bad for lying, but right now was not the time to question her friends. Suddenly class was over and Aiden quickly grabbed her stuff and rushed out the room.

"Aiden, where are you going?" Valor asked as her and Hermione followed their friend.

"Need to do something real quick, I'll catch up later!" Aiden said as she rushed away, her notebook tight in her grasp.

She ran up to her dorm and went to lock her notebook in her trunk. She couldn't chance it if anybody was to read it. It held too much information on everything she was trying to figure out. With a satisfied feeling, Aiden walked away, to meet up with her friends for lunch.
As she walked down the hall to the Great Hall, something caught her eye. She spotted Draco in the corner, his back to her. Without realizing, she found herself making her way to him. Suddenly she stopped dead in her tracks. Shiela was in front of Draco, eyes flirting with a big smile. Within a second, Shiela saw Aiden and immediately grabbed Draco in for a kiss. For some reason, Aiden held her breath. She did not know why, but she was hurt by this.

Draco pushed Shiela back, about to question her when he saw that Sheila wasn't smirking at him, but something behind him. Draco turned around, and saw sad eyes.

"Aiden?" He whispered.

Aiden's sad expression quickly left her face, replaced by a smile. She looked away from them, and rushed to make her way passed, while looking at the ground. She felt embarrassed yet foolish. Foolish for thinking anything of Draco other than a Slytherin jerk. As she headed to her friends, she continued to mentally kick herself in ass. How could she allow herself to have these weird feelings for him? When did it even happen? A part of her knew better, but its as if she has no control. What does she care anyways? He is just some guy that meant nothing to her.

"Aiden wait."

She stopped and inhaled sharply. Turning around, she faced Draco with a smile.

"Yes?"

"Um, what you saw.."

"Sorry about that. I didn't mean to interrupt." She quickly said, cutting him off.

"No, look you don-"

"Malfoy, don't worry. It's non of my business." Aiden said, before turning to leave.

"Aiden." Draco said, placing his hand on hers, causing her to stop.

"Look okay, I didn't see anything." She whispered.

"Then why did you look...hurt?" He asked, desperately wanting to know her answer. His heart was racing, his breath getting deeper. Could it really be?

"What makes you think I'm hurt that you were kissing her. As far as I know, you two are meant to be." Aiden asked, her guard completely showing.

"But Aiden."
With a sigh, Aiden continued, "Malfoy, just drop it okay? I don't know what possessed me, but after our talk, I found myself having stupid feelings that I can't explain. I think it's because of your dumb poem and these damn dreams getting to my head, trying to trick me into thinking you might actually like me. But of course, I'm the fool for thinking so."

"Aiden, I do like you!" Draco whispered, grabbing her hands in his.

Aiden took a deep breath and looked at her hand in his, and then gently pushed them away.

She looked up at him and gave him a smile.
"I'm just really confused right now. I don't know why I let this get to my head, but its like I have no control. It feels as if my body is naturally reacting to you, even if I beg it not to. I really do think its because of those dreams of you. Or your poem."

"That poem is the truth." Draco told her.

"But it doesn't make any sense! And I've been waiting for you to explain, but obviously you're busy doing other things." She replied, referring to Shiela.

"Aiden, I didn't kiss her. I hate her!" He said in his defense.

"Please, enough with the lying. Honestly I don't even know anymore if anyone is capable of telling the truth." Aiden said, before looking towards the Great Hall. Aiden looked up at Draco and saw something strange. His eyes revealed heartbreak and lost. A side she hasn't seen before, or even thought existed in him.

"Why don't you fight with me anymore?" Aiden asked.

Draco looked at her, saddened that all she remembers is hurt from him, when he believes he won't do anything anymore to hurt her.

"Draco?" A voice said, bringing both of them back to reality. They both looked to find Shiela, smiling at them.

"Get lost." He snapped.

"No, I better get going, the girls are waiting for me." Aiden said quickly, wanting nothing but to get out of this awkward situation.

"Good little Gryffindor." Shiela said with her smirk.

"I said get lost!" Draco yelled causing some students in the hall to look their way.

"Is that a way to talk to your date to the dance?" Shiela asked, walking close to him.

"Date?" Aiden whispered.

"No, Aiden." Draco said, about to explain.

"Oh he didn't tell you?" Sheila asked, pretending to be shocked, obviously enjoying the torment she's causing both of them.

"I got to go." Aiden whispered, looking at Draco one more time, almost angrily. She is done having him play with her head and make her look like a fool. What she didn't notice is the pain within him, being angry made it easy to block out.

Aiden then turned away, feeling upset, confused, and bitter. She knew it, yet she still ended up believing her instincts. Something's she's always trusted, just made her look like a damn fool.

Draco watched his love walk away, upset with him. He was so close! She admitted that she started to have feelings for him, something he's been longing to hear. The love of his life was about to trust him, and Sheila ruined it. Pissed off, he turned and faced Sheila who had her arms folded across her chest.

"Now now Draco, wouldn't want your daddy to come here would you? I know how he can be quite, violent with you." Shelia said, smirking as she stood close to him. She then leaned in close to him and whispered, "Remember our agreement Malfoy. You pretend like we are together, and I won't have my father kill your precious Aiden McCain." As she finished, she gave a kiss on his cheek which he turned away from.

"You know how the Dark Lord would listen to anything his daughter asked." She said, before turning away.

Draco glared at her, then turned to the direction in which Aiden walked off. She almost wanted to be with him, regardless of her lost memories, and he just let her walk away. Maybe he had been the one fooling himself. She doesn't deserve a guy like him, she deserves better. Draco walked to the doors of the Great Hall, hidden from view. He saw his Aiden talking to Landon at the Gryffindor table. Like always, the flame bursted inside of him.

"She's mine." He growled.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it has been a while since I updated and so sorry! Here is a long chapter for you all! Please comment and let me know how it is! Hopefully ill update soon!