Status: One shot.

Liana.

Chapter 1/1

I dived deeper into the salty ocean, the waves crashing over my head. I saw her body floating in the murky sea, her body limp. Her beautiful red hair stood out, it was spread out around her like a golden halo. She smiled at me, obviously conscious.

I rolled my eyes, of course she was okay. Liana was always doing something strange. That’s how everyone knew her, Liana the dreamer, Liana the weirdo, Liana the outgoing girl. Liana was my girl.

I swam to the surface, my cheeks stinging with the cold air. I did a quick stroke towards shore, my hands pushing through the water. I met the gritty beach, and spotted my towel in the far corner of the beach.

After I had dried myself off, I saw Liana coming towards me. Her bright red costume stood out on her milky pale skin, her bright red hair spread out over her shoulders. She smiled her million dollar smile, all her white teeth showing. She dropped down low, placing her hand into her white bag, and pulled out a towel.

Her big brown eyes stood out like a doe’s, her lips so kissable. I scooted over, practically sitting on her lap. She turned her head to me, raising her eyebrow. I smiled sheepishly, and ducked my head to hers, placing my lips on hers gently.
She lifted her hand, making her lose her balance, and fall on the beach mat, pulling me down with her. She giggled lightly, her lips lifting up slightly, the image messed with my heart beat, scattering it around.
Her eyes were shut, her gold lashes spread out on her cheekbones. She pecked me on the cheek and got up and ran towards the ocean, her bright hair flying in the wind. Her slight body sinking a little in the dry sand.

I looked down at my plain hands, and flexed the slim fingers slowly.
I looked up, and saw her bent over me, breathing softly.

“You know what I want? I want a hug, a long lasting hug.” She said her voice like a melody.
“Well, I could supply that hug, or maybe Jack, or Siobhan. But it’s up to you, whoever you want” I said nervously, not wanting her to hear my neediness.

“I’d like it to be you” She said, an unusual shyness coming into her voice.
I stood up, and brushed her golden hair behind her ear, and pulled her into a soft, friendly hug. She placed her hands on my waist, and her head on my shoulder.

We stood there, not awkward, just swaying slightly. I stroked her hair; it went way down her back. Her back was exposed due to her wearing a camisole.
She bent down, retrieving a piece of paper, and motioning me to spin around. I span around ungracefully on the sand, and she used my back as a drawing board. She tapped my on my shoulder, and I span around to face her again,

She held up a note saying; I love you and then she ripped it straight down the middle.
I looked at her confused, and she bent to me and whispered in my ear, very gently “It was all a lie, this was a joke. I don’t love you.” She was smiling.

She tossed her head back, and laughed and wandered back to her red car.
That was when my heart shattered into a thousand pieces, tearing my soul apart and replacing all the love I’d ever had with hate.
That girl had ruined love for me. Forever.
♠ ♠ ♠
just a drabble. maybe not
no silent readers please