Status: Three Shot

Miss You

1/3

"Just call me when you land, okay?"

"Always do, Allie." Tyler smiled his soft smile at me and I watched as he leaned his hand against the arm rest beside the window, running his hands through his dark brown hair and resting his other hand loosely on the steering wheel. I blushed as he caught me looking. "I'll be fine," he reassured me.

I nodded, turning back to the window and staring out at the Toronto traffic in front of and around us. "I hate when you leave. I'm always lonely."

Tyler sighed and turned into the right lane so he could drive towards the air strip where the team's plane was waiting. "I know. I'm sorry."

I sighed and stretched my legs out in front of me, letting out a yawn. Tyler looked at me, amused, and he didn't have to speak for me to know what was going through his mind.

"I know what you're going to say. I wanted to come, that doesn't mean I'm not allowed to be tired." I rolled my eyes and Tyler lifted his hand off the steering wheel in surrender.

"I didn't say anything."

"No, but your face did." Tyler chuckled lightly and I couldn't help the slight smile that crept onto my face.

Tyler and I had been friends since I had met him when he moved to Toronto two years ago, and we had met when I was interning as a photographer. The Leafs had been doing some promo shoots and I was assigned the rookies. Tyler and I had been talking while some of the other guys were using the stage. We had started to talk about how we were both new to Toronto, and decided to hang out to learn our way around.

I knew Tyler insanely well. He was quiet, but his eyes gave his thoughts away. He was always smiling, and every time he so much as looked in my direction, I found my stomach full of butterflies.

There was no doubt that Tyler had been sent to me on purpose. I didn't know how my life would be without him. You know those people you thank God for every day?

Tyler was one of them.

We pulled up to the side of the tarmac and got out of the car. As Tyler grabbed his bag from the trunk, I crossed my arms and watched.

"I only ask for one thing, Ty. That you-"

"Don't get hurt," he finished, closing the trunk and dropping his bag on the ground before reaching out and wrapping his arms around me. My arms gripped the back of his sweater and I smiled as Tyler gave me a light squeeze.

"I'll be back before you know it," he promised. He looked at me for a moment before pulling off his sweater. My eyes fell to his bare stomach for a moment as he pulled the sweater over his head, before I quickly looked back up into his face. He held up the sweater, motioning for me to hold my arms up so he could put it on me. The warm fabric slid over my body and I smiled as I was wrapped in the scent of Tyler.

"I know you hate the cold weather, so you can keep that. I'll be back before you know it," he repeated, pulling me in for another hug before grabbing his bag, handing me the keys to his car and heading to the plane. I followed him and stood by the drivers' seat, watching as he walked towards the big machine in only a t-shirt. I laughed, hugging the sweater tighter around me. It was the beginning of December. The kid was crazy.

Tyler turned around quickly as he neared the plane. I watched as his eyes travelled from my face, down to the sweater and then back up to my face. He gave me a smile and waved before turning around again.

***
I lay in bed two days later, staring up at the ceiling and attempting to sleep. To say I missed Tyler was an understatement. It's like my body and mind couldn't settle down until I knew he was safe. We hadn't talked since this morning.

I jumped as my phone buzzed. It was resting on my stomach and I grabbed it, flipping it open.

1 New Text: Ty

A smile spread across my face and I flipped over onto my stomach.

Hey, did you watch the game?

No, I had work. How was it?

We won. Just barely, though.

A win's a win, Ty. :)

You're right :)

I miss your face, kid.

I'm older than you.


I rolled my eyes. He had about 6 months on me, and he never let it go.

Whatever.

I miss you too, though. It's late there.


I glanced at the clock. It was 12:00. I sighed.

Can't sleep.

Skype?


I grinned at the text message before sending back a 'yes'. I grabbed my laptop from the bed beside me, turning it on and lying down on the end of the bed. I placed the laptop in front of me and powered up Skype. I waited patiently until it logged in, and almost instantly, I got a call request from Bozie42. I smiled and could barely contain my excitement as it loaded. As soon as Tyler's face appeared, my heart was about to explode.

"Hey," he smiled weakly, rubbing his eyes. He was lying in a bed, in a hotel, I guessed, and had his laptop on his stomach. His head was leaning back against the headboard, and he looked like he was beat. I couldn't say he didn't look adorable, though.

"Ty," I said softly. He nodded in response and I continued, "Why are we doing this when you're clearly going to pass out on me?"

A smile crept onto his face and he shrugged, rubbing his jaw. "You couldn't sleep and neither could I."

I frowned. "How could you not sleep? You're in a comfy bed and you just played a game of hockey."

He ran his hands through his hair, and I tried to hide my smile as a piece of brown stuck up at the front of his head. "I'm not home," he said simply.

I crossed my arms in front of me and rested my head on them. I barely noticed my form was out of view until Tyler spoke again.

"Where'd you go?" he chuckled.

I gave him a sheepish grin. "Sorry, a wave of sleep just hit me. I guess you bore me. Be back in a sec." I laughed as I hopped off the bed, picturing Tyler rolling his eyes at me. I grabbed a ponytail from my dresser and sat down on my bed, tipping the laptop screen up and using it as a mirror as I tied my hair up in a ponytail. I noticed him watching me and I blushed. I lay back down on my pillow and mimicked his position. "Sorry about that."

"It's fine. So are you leaving me?"

I looked at him and raised an eyebrow at his question.

"You said you just got sleepy."

I sighed. "I guess. I wasn't until I started talking to you..." I didn't mean for it to come out sounding bad, but as I realized what I had said, my eyes grew wide. "You don't actually bore me, Tyler. I don't know. I guess it's the laptop screen, and knowing you're safe, and hearing your voice..." I mumbled the last part and looked down at my hands. I heard Tyler's gentle laugh and looked up, smiling sheepishly.

"Knowing your safe helps me sleep, too."

I felt butterflies in my stomach and I smiled back at him through the screen. "Sorry I talk so much."

Tyler shrugged. "I'm used to it."

I gave him a look of mock anger and closed my eyes. It was silent for a few moments and I groggily opened my eyes, only to find Tyler with his eyes closed, too.

"Tyler," I said gently. Nothing. "Tyler," I said a bit louder. His eyes fluttered open and he let out something that sounded like a half-grunt, half-groan, turning on his side and placing the laptop on the bed beside him. "I'm going to go to bed. You, too. I'll see you in two days," I smiled.

Tyler nodded. "Goodnight, Allie."

"Night, Tyler."
♠ ♠ ♠
:) Check my profile for links to my other stuff! There's tons I'm working on :)

Can you guys tell me something? Do I post too many stories?