Status: Three Shot

Miss You

3/3

I yanked open my apartment door and pulled my phone out of my pocket. I plopped down on my couch and opened a new message, my heart break being masked by the anger I was feeling towards Colby.

Thanks alot, Amstrong.

]You're welcome...?

I can't believe you told him. He doesn't feel the same, Colby. I hate you so much right now.


I let out a frustrated sigh and leaned my head back against the couch, closing my eyes. I instantly opened them as soon as Tyler's face appeared in my mind, causing a pang in my heart.

I didn't tell him you liked him, Allie...

I furrowed my brow, reading the text over and over.

Well then I'm officially confused...

Me too. Did he actually tell you he didn't feel the same?

No, but it was kind of implied...

Care to explain?


I ran my hand through my hair.

It's complicated. I guess I'll suck it up and talk to him tomorrow and explain to you later.

***
I made my way into the area under the stands where the players walked to the bench, my breath catching in my throat as I saw Tyler leaning against the wall, his head down, looking at his phone. He ran his hand through his hair and scrolled through his phone with an intent look on his face. I watched him for a moment, my stomach filling with nerves with each passing second.

Why did he have to be so cute?

My feet finally decided to move and as I took a few steps toward him, he looked up in my direction. He gave me a small smile and I leaned against the wall across from him, crossing my arms and trying to calm myself down. My thoughts were racing and the way he was looking at me was not helping.

"How's your day?" he asked quietly after a moment of silence.

"Good..." I sighed and ran one of my hands through my hair. "Look, Ty... I don't even know where to start."

"How about telling me why you just left the other day?" he said gently. "We always talk things out, Allie."

"I know." I chewed my lip and gave him a sheepish glance. He gave me a smile in reassurance and I took a deep breath. "I... I just thought Colby told you something I had trusted him with, and I was afraid of your reaction, so I kind of just bailed." I let out a nervous laugh and met his eyes. He looked confused.

He scratched his head. "Is it something bad?"

I looked at him, surprised. "What I thought he told you?" He nodded. I shook my head quickly. "No, it's not bad. I mean, the outcome could be bad, but the actual thing isn't bad..." I was rambling now.

Tyler crossed his arms and placed his hand over his chin. "I'm so lost." His brown eyes met mine. "Are you going to tell me what it was?"

I closed my eyes and let out a heavy sigh before opening them again. "You said you talked to Colby about... about you and I. Can we start there? Can you tell me what you guys talked about?"

Tyler nodded. He looked at the floor, and I could swear he looked nervous. "Um... He just mentioned how we were really close and asked if I ever thought about... you know, dating you."

My jaw dropped slightly before I pulled it closed and bit my lip. "And?" My voice came out barely above a whisper. Tyler laughed nervously, not meeting my eyes.

"Well, I mean, yeah. Obviously I've thought about it before. I was going to ask you yesterday if..." He scratched his head. "I think it's easier to show you what I'm talking about." His gaze focused on mine as he stepped towards me. I stared up at him and I could feel the nerves taking over my entire body. I couldn't move. I pressed my back even closer to the wall, not being able to think clearly as he neared me. The cold feeling that radiated through my shirt off the wall was forgotten as Tyler's lips slowly and tentatively met mine for a few seconds. As my head tilted back gently with his lips on mine, I felt my knees start to waver. Although he was extremely close, no part of Tyler's body was touching mine except for his lips. By the time it was over, my heart was racing faster than I had ever felt it go, and my entire body was shaking. My hand flew to my mouth and I traced my fingers over where Tyler's lips had just been.

"What do you think?" My head snapped up and I realized he had only taken one step back, so he was still fairly close, causing my heart to speed up even more.

I ran my hands through my hair, trying to gather my thoughts before staring up at him with wide eyes. I bit my lip as a small smile spread across my face. I let out a shaky breath, causing Tyler to break out into a smile.

"Is that good?"

I nodded quickly. "Yes," I replied, my voice nearly breaking. "Very, very good."

Tyler scratched his head and glanced at the ground before meeting my eyes again, breaking out into a smile. "I've wanted to do that for a really, really long time."

I let out a laugh, shaking my head in amusement. Tyler raised an eyebrow at me. "That's what I thought Colby told you..." I smiled before continuing quietly, "I thought he told you that I liked you more than friends, because I do... and I thought-"

"You thought I was being awkward because I didn't feel the same," Tyler concluded. I nodded, and he shook his head, moving closer. "I definitely do."

He smiled down at me and I found my back against the wall again as Tyler placed his hands on my hips and leaned close. My head tilted slightly to the right and his lips molded perfectly to mine. The second kiss lasted a few seconds longer than the first, and I didn't know how my heart wasn't exploding.

Tyler rested his forehead against mine. "Will you officially be my girlfriend, Allie?"

***
I pushed down Tyler's baseball cap so that it covered his eyes and let out a giggle. He laughed and I bit my lip, admiring his smile as he removed one hand from my waist to pull his cap off his head. He placed it on mine and I adjusted it, pursing my lips and pretending to be a model. Tyler burst into laughter.

"You look ten times cuter in that hat than I ever could."

I shook my head. "No way, Ty. Although I do like you without a hat on better... so I can do this." I reached up and ruffled his hair and he pulled me away, leaning down to capture my lips in a swift kiss.

When we pulled away, I stared up at him. "You really are handsome, though, Tyler Bozak."

He kissed my forehead and pulled me in for a hug. "And you already know I think you're beautiful."

I gripped the back of his t-shirt and let out a sigh. He gently pried me out of his arms slightly and reached out to take his hat back, placing it backwards on his head. He reached down and tugged on the hem of my shirt. I was wearing the sweater he had given me a few weeks ago.

"I'm not getting that back, am I?"

I shrugged. "It smells like you." Tyler gave me a look and I burst into a grin. "Your smell is comforting to me, especially when you're gone." His face became serious and he reached for my hand.

"I'll miss you," I said quietly, searching his eyes.

Tyler nodded. "I know. And I'll miss you too. But I'm going to call you like I always do, and I'll be back before you know it." He picked up his suitcase and bent down, giving me a long, slow kiss before walking towards the plane. I watched him walk away and bit my lip, feeling giddy.

I now had something more to look forward to than just seeing him again. The thought of kissing him made my skin tingle and my heart race. The anticipation of kissing him again was nearly unbearable. I pulled the sweater up to my nose, inhaling a deep breath. The smell sent a wave of calm through me, and I smiled. I think I would be okay for a few days, as long as I heard his voice and wore the sweater.

Who washes clothes anyway?
♠ ♠ ♠
FINALLY OMG.

I was having a MAJOR case of Writers' Block, and I was feeling like my stories weren't good enough. So , as a result, I'm going to ask you guys to comment and tell me:

Do my stories make you feel anything? That's the idea. Like when they kiss, do you get butterflies? When they fight, do you feel sad? Because if my writing isn't provoking feelings (which usually are butterflies, cause you all know I'm a romance addict) than I'm not doing my job.

I thought this turned out okay, though.

In honor of Ty's goal tonight <3 It was a pretty one.
(Still happy the Pens won though. Bozie and Schenner might be loves of mine, but the Leafs aren't. ahaha)