Status: In the process of writing more

Search and Destroy

Chapter Two: Trouble

Dinner went as usual; I sat at the Gryffindor table, the first years were sorted, the feast appeared, and Dumbledore kindly welcomed us back.
Afterwards, Hermione, Ron, Gee, Harry, and myself decided to take a look around the castle- a sort of ritual. We tended to have a knack for getting in trouble. But who's judging, eh?

In the library, I felt a light tap on my shoulder. I turned to see a pair of big green eyes staring back at me.
"Frank!" I wrapped my arms around him excitedly. "Hey, heard you were pretty 007 today."
He eyed me with curiosity.
I tilted my head. "007?"
"License to kill.:" Lovely, right?
I blinked a few times, until he hugged me again; I was ecstatic to see he was happy to see me. I blushed like a madman. Frank was gorgeous. There was no doubt about it- plus he was my first friend at Hogwarts.
(His only downfall is that he is a Slytherin...and Draco's friend...) Ugh.
"Anyway," he cleared his throat. "I'm here on official business." Don't ask why somewhere in my twisted mind I thought this was a good thing...in the "us" department- as in "me and him."
Again, don't ask.
When I didn't say anything, he continued. "Professor Snape wants to see you. Probably about the train...incident." He seemed uncomfortable.
"There-that-that-wasn't even an incident!"
My outburst gained some stares and a SHHH from the librarian. Frank shrugged.
"Malfoy can be a little dramatic but-"
I scoffed. He was seriously defending him right now?!
"Listen- just...tell me how it goes." he patted my shoulder.
"So what's the password this year?" I asked before leaving.
Frank always snuck me into the Slytherin common room for our late night conversations about life and such.
"Salzar Scorpious." he whispered- sending my heart flailing into palptations.
No-I'm not a loser at all. -___-

**************************************************
I hated the dungeons. Always have, always will. They were the creepiest part of the entire castle. Probably the reason Snape picked it- so students wouldn't come around bothering him all day. Not that thet would anyway, but I didn't blame him for his precaution. I wasn't exactly a fan of the human race either.
"Samuels!" I must've jumped twenty feet in the friggen air, also yelping out something along the lines of "yyyyggeeezzz."
"Oh my, terribly sorry for scaring you."
Professor Remus Lupin.
"Here, have this," he held out a small piece of chocolate.
I laughed, and took it from his hand. "That's your solution for everything, huh?"
He smiled. "I suppose...it does seem to make everyone happy; aside from Professor Snape."
"Speaking of which; it's not advised to be roaming the dungeons alone at this hour..." he raised his eyebrow at me. "Do you have an explanation?"
"Do YOU?" i joked. Lupin was easy to get along with, but he was still a teacher looking for an answer.
"Professor Snape wanted to speak with me." I sighed.
"You? In trouble?" he asked incredously. I nodded. "Yup, even though I didn't do anything."
He shook his head; understanding.
"I'll escort you there- like I said, the dungeons are no place for students. I keep trying to tell Prof-"
"Miss.Samuels."
Ah yes. The voice of Professor Snape. Lacking emotion, cold, dry, and somehow totally awesome. I don't even know either...
"Sir I-"
"You're late."
"My apologies, Severus. I ran into Hayley and I'm afraid I kept her for too long." Leave it to Lupin to save the day.
Snape stayed silent for a moment. "...Shouldn't you be...howling at the moon tonight?"
I honestly had to put a hand to my mouth. A, for the shock of what had been said, and B, I don't know why I found it as hilarious as I did. Bad Hayley.
I was motioned to get in the office- I obliged obidiently.

When he returned, he seemed to be in a mood. But then again, what else is new?
His black eyes stared down my brown for a while. "Care to explain?" he finally said.
"Professor, I assure you, all I did at the MOST was point my wand at him."
"Then how did Mr. Malfoy seem to acquire a certain broken arm, Miss Samuels?"
I believe I did a double take just then.
"A WHAT?!" He's got to be kidding me.
I stood up in anger. "I did NOT break his arm!"
Snape raised his hand to signal me to shut the hell up. "Calm down Samuels. Under the circumstances, I'm taking away 100 points from Gryffindor."
I scowled. "If you were in Slytherin you'd both have a vile of Veritaserum down your throats right now..." he mumbled.
I nodded. Hell, it wasn't a bad idea. It would prove my innocence.
I picked up my bag. "Goodnight Professor."
"Oh and please try your hardest to stay OUT of my house's common room."
I half smirked, half stood like a deer in the headlights, until turning away.
"GOODNIGHT PROFESSOR."

Wait until I find Malfoy.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow, that was pretty long sorry. Next chapter starts the real action!!!
If you have any ideas, please comment and let me know! Thanks SO MUCH to all my readers and subscribers! I appreiciate it more than you think.
<3