For The Nights I Cant Remember

For The Nights I Cant Remember

It was three in the morning and Anthony was still awake. As he laid in the guest room bed he was thinking of her. The her he was thinking of was Chloe. He closed his eyes and when he opened them he found himself staring at the picture she had given him a few years ago when they were 15 years old. They grew up with each other. He was constantly at her house and she was constantly at his. Their parents always joked that they would end up married. He secretly wished that would happen.

Unfortunately he had to move to California from their home town, Connecticut. She had cried that day when he thought she wasn't looking. With tears in her eyes they hugged goodbye. He knew he wanted to stay with her forever. They promised each other to stay connected. For the most part they had. He visited her in the winter and she visited him in the summer. He missed her more than she knew.

He still remembers the night he had found her dancing in the rain this past summer. He had fallen completely in love with her that night. Even with her soaked he thought she was the most beautiful person he ever saw. The moon illuminated her eyes making them shine. She was in a dark blue dress and her long thick hair was soaked around her shoulders. He had been watching her from the window by the back door. He went out the door and took her hand. He twirled her around as she laughed. He dipped her and their faces were dangerously close to each other. He took in her scent of vanilla and lilacs, his two favorite scents. Her bright blue eyes stared into his dark ones. Their lips were just a couple centimeters to each other, he longed to kiss her, but held back. Late that night after looking at the stars for a few hours they had said their good nights to each other.

He wasn't sure how she felt, it felt like an unrequited love. Somehow he still thought they would be together.

He had gone to visit her over the summer. They spend their last night together looking at the stars. Pointing out constellations to each other. The next day he had to go back to California. He drove as she stared out the window.

'He's leaving again,' She thought while he drove them. A bird had flown next to her window. 'If I was a bird I would be able to go with him.'

He glanced over at her knowing something was wrong.

"Are you okay?" he asked.

"I'm just going to miss you." She said quietly.

"I'm going to miss you too." He said matching her tone, 'more than you know' he thought in his head. She had taken him to the airport. He had a flashback from the first time he left. As tears went down her face he knew he had to do something.

'Well it's now or never.' He thought. "Hold back your tears this time." He told her.

She looked at him surprised before asking "How can you say that?"

He stared at her and said "I love you." He swept her off her feet and kissed her.

She smiled at his words and kissed him back. They embraced each other almost as if they were each other's oxygen. They were in their own way. She had picked him up when he was fallen and he had picked her up when she fell. Nothing was going to separate them again.

'Finally.' She thought.

She had the same feelings for him that he had for her. They were in love with each other the whole time without knowing. They stopped kissing when they heard the overcome saying his flight was about to depart.16

"You're going to miss your flight." She said.

"I'm not leaving you." He told her. "Not again."

"Are you sure?" She asked, not wanting to be the reason he stayed.

"I am positive." He said as he wrapped his arm around her.

They left the airport hand in hand together.