Catastrophic Hymns

Love

She must have fallen asleep, because, the next thing she knew, Mike was gently shaking her awake.

"Cesca...babe, it's time to get off the plane..." he murmured.

"Five more minutes..." she grumbled, making him laugh softly.

"Come on...don't make me carry you," She groaned and shifted slightly.

"Carry me..." he laughed.

"Okay," Mike gently unbuckled her seatbelt, then threw her over his shoulder, making her shriek with surprise. He laughed again and continued to carry her out of the plane and into the waiting area for the layover.

"Mike! Hottie!" Tré yelled. "Over here. Over-OVER HERE!"

"What's he doing?" Cesca asked from Mike's shoulder.

"Jumping around like a fucking idiot..." He sighed. "How are you holding up?"

"I'm...okay, I guess...I don't know." She could almost see the frown creasing over his features.

"You don't sound okay...not that I blame you...it must be hard..." she nodded.

"It is...six years...six years, Mike..."

"We'll talk more later, okay?" he said as they reached Tré and Billie Joe. Mike set her down gently.

"Okay, so our next flight boards in...30 minutes. Our bags are already on it," Billie read off a piece of paper. Cesca's eyes widened, and she turned to Mike.

"My purse...did you get it?" he stared at her.

"Shit...I think I left it in the overhead compartment..." he said.

"Fuck! My money is in there! My drugs...my fucking credit card...my phone! Mike, what am I gonna do?" he paused, then burst out laughing. She gaped at him

"This is not funny, Mike. I-" he pulled her purse out from under a chair.

"Relax. Billie grabbed it," she hit Mike's arm.

"You asshole! I was fucking scared!" he pulled her into an embrace, still laughing his ass off.

"It's okay." she hit him again.

"You...oh you...you're seriously gonna get it." he laughed some more and held her closer.

***

Frankie lay on Bill's bed, trying to keep herself together. She'd just broken up with Aron, her boyfriend of six months.

"Hello, hun. Frankie's upstairs...she didn't seem too happy when I let her in..." Ollie's muffled voice said. Frankie wiped the tears away as she heard Bill's footsteps echo up the stairs. She heard him pause outside the door, but finally enter.

"Hey, Bill..." she said. Damn, why couldn't she keep her voice from trembling?

He walked over to the bed and sat next to her, leaning against the wall.

"Tell me everything," he said, his green eyes burning into hers. She sat up and spilled everything to him.

Afterwards, he just held her as she sobbed.

"You know," he murmured when she'd finally calmed down, "You are the only girl I know who is still beautiful when she cries." She looked at him curiously.

"What?"

"It's true. You're so beautiful...I don't know how Aron let you go." She smiled.

"Thanks."

"And I'm not just saying that. You-"


"WAKEY WAKEY!" Tré yelled and jumped on her. She groaned and tried to push him off.

"Get...off... motherfucker..." he laughed maniacally and poked her. She opened her eyes and pouted at him.

"Good. You're awake. I thought you were dead," she shook her head.

"No, unfortunately...still alive..." Mike's head snapped towards her, fear filling his eyes.

"Tré, um...could you give us a few minutes?" Mike asked, frowning deeply. It looked like Tré was going to protest, but upon seeing the look in Mike's eyes, he got off Cesca and resumed his spot.

"What was that?" Mike whispered. She stared at the seat in front of her.

"Nothing." he ran his fingers through his hair and sighed.

"Don't scare me like this, Cesca...I'm really worried..." she could feel tears sting the corners of her eyes.

"I'm sorry," she whispered, and he sighed again.

"Don't apologize...please..." A tear leaked from her eye, and she brushed it off, hoping Mike didn't see.

"Don't cry...oh, babe..." he hugged her.

"I'm trying... I really am," she whispered.

"I know...shh, I know..." he kissed her forehead. "I love you...and I'm gonna help you through this, babe..." she smiled faintly.

"I love you so much..."she gently pressed her lips against his.