‹ Prequel: Shattered Secrets

You Are Loved, Baby.

11.

"When are we going to tell the guys and your family?" I asked Brian as we sat on the couch, Blaik in his arms and some sitcom playing on the t.v.
Brian froze for a second and then said, "We should just show them."
"I guess," I stuttered, wondering how that could possibly play out well.
Brian sighed, "It's going to suck, that's for sure, but it won't be too bad..." Brian murmured with a small reassuring smile, "I hope." He added with a chuckle.
I rolled my eyes but couldn't stop myself from chuckling as well, "When are we going to show them?" I corrected myself.
Brian shrugged, "How about tonight? Invite them over for dinner or something." He said nonchalantly, making my jaw drop.
"Tonight? Seriously?" I asked quickly.
Brian nodded, his dark hair moving around on his head. I watched as he smiled down at his son and shifted him so that Blaik was sitting up in his lap, "Why not?" Brian replied after a moment, a smile on his face.
I shook my head, "Because, I don't want to ruin everything this quickly!" I shouted lightly, not actually mad but just worried about how everything would turn out.
Brian laughed at my outburst but I could tell that he was slightly nervous as well. I could see it in his eyes, right next to the childlike mischief that had always been there and the newfound love for his baby.
"So?" Brian asked, reaching for something in his pocket and trying not to drop Blaik at the same time, "Should I call them?" He inquired, holding his phone up.
I took a deep breath before I replied, "Yeah."

As Brian held the ringing phone up to his ear I suddenly grew nervous, "Wait!" I shouted, reaching out to grab the cell phone from him. I hung it up quickly.
"Nissa!" Brian called, a surprised look on his face.
"Who are you inviting over? Because the guys I can handle but if you call your parents..." I trailed off, watching as he started to laugh.
"Brian!" I cried, reaching out to smack his arm, "Stop!"
His laughter trailed off, "I'm sorry," He said between chuckles, "But seriously, wouldn't it be easier just to tell everyone instead of explaining it two different times?" He questioned, a grin on his face.
I groaned, becoming serious about it all, "I guess but I just... I want to make sure that... I'd just be easier for me to tell the Avenged Family first and then your family..."
Brian nodded, hearing the sincerity in my voice and understanding that telling anyone at all would be the hardest thing for me to do, "Okay." Brian stated, "Just the guys and girls?"
I nodded, still wondering how I would tell Michelle to her face what I did with her fiancee and the outcome of our irresponsibility. Even as Brian lifted the phone to his ear for the second time, I fought the urge to hang up once more. Blaik was screeching like babies do and wrapping his little hand around one of Brian's fingers.
"Hey Matt," Brian said into the phone,
"I'm at Nissa's." He paused,
"Yeah, that Nissa. But we want you and the guys to come over for dinner tonight."
He paused once more so that Matt could talk and I couldn't make out the words but I could still hear him. After another moment Brian replied, "So, you, the guys and 'Chelle and Val will be here at 5:30?" Brian questioned, shuffling Blaik in his arms as the baby continued to make noise.
Matt replied and Brian confirmed it. Brian relayed my address to Matt who I assumed was writing it down and then he hung up the phone with a smile that held a hint of nervousness. "They'll be here," He told me.
I nodded, "Okay. Good."

Brian went and called down the stairs for Bronx a little later. The five year old came racing up the stairs and tugged Brian around the house, showing him everything that he could possibly show him. But when Brian got to Blaik's room he seemed to freeze. "This is all?" Brian asked, motioning to the bare room.
I nodded, "It's all the necessities." I told him with a shrug as he cradled Blaik's head against his shoulder.
Brian rolled his eyes, "That's about to change. These kids are going to have everything they've ever wanted," He said boldly with a smirk.
"Bri," I muttered, in a playful way while shaking my head at him.
"What?" He asked defensively, "I just found out that I have a son... He's going to have everything." Brian grinned happily, handing Blaik to me so that he could lift Bronx up from the ground, "And of course, I can't forget about my number one fan." He murmured, wrapping his arms around my son.
I shook my head and said, "Then go right ahead," causing a huge smile to appear on his face when he realized that I wasn't going to fight him.
"Then how about we go shopping?" He questioned, causing Bronx to shout out happily.
"Yeah!" Bronx shouted, throwing his little fist into the air.
"At the mall!" Brian yelled out excitedly, amping up my five year old.
"Yeah!" Bronx repeated.
"No way!" I shouted as Brian put Bronx down and told him to go put his shoes on.
But it seemed that I was being ignored. Brian pulled Blaik from my arms and followed after my oldest son. "Where's Blaik's coat and shoes?" Brian asked Bronx as they hurried down the stairs ignoring me as I told them to come back.
"Can Juliann come?" Bronx asked Brian as he pulled his shoes on.
Brian grinned and told him, "Sure."
Bronx jumped up from where he sat by the door and ran over to the basement door, his blonde hair flying out around his head. Brian was pulling on Blaik's blue jacket and his little baby shoes as Blaik laid on his back on the couch.
"Juliann!" Bronx screamed down the steps, "Come on! Brian's taking us to the mall!"

I stood at the bottom of the stairs with my arms folded over my chest and my jaw set. Brian stood up from where he was kneeling in front of the couch to put Blaik's coat on and he rolled his eyes when he saw me.
He laid Blaik in his playpen and came over to me.
"Come on, Nissa." He pleaded, wrapping his arms around my shoulders, "Please?" He pleaded again, drawing out the word.
"Is taking Blaik out in public such a good idea?" I asked Brian as he stood in front of me.
"I don't care," he shrugged.
"But we haven't even told your family.." I defended, nervously, watching as Brian rolled his eyes.
"I don't care," He chuckled.
I sighed but nodded my head in defeat. Brian let a grin over take his features like he didn't know that he was going to win anyways. He turned and went back over to Blaik and picked him back up as my brother emerged from the basement.
"Juliann," Brian greeted, "It's good to see you again."
Juliann nodded with a small smile on his face, "I'm glad to see that you met your son, finally." Juliann replied.
I glared at him as Brian chuckled, "Same here," And gave me a pointed look, silently telling me to get my shoes and coat. I nodded to him and went and pulled Bronx's sweatshirt from the closet.
"Here, baby." I told him, smiling as he hurried over and slipped his arms into the sleeves. He turned around so that I could zip it up for him. Once I did he grinned widely.
"Juliann! Put your shoes on!" Bronx shouted, pointing at Juliann's sock clad feet. Everyone chuckled but Junior complied, going over to the mat by the door and pulling his DC's onto his feet. He pulled his jacket from the closet and pulled it on as I did my own.
I grabbed Bronx's hand as Juliann stood up.
"Are we ready to go?" Brian questioned with a smile.
I nodded, "Looks like it," and smiled back at him so that he would know that I wasn't totally against him being a father to his child.
"Then lets go!" Brian shouted, causing Bronx to cheer and Junior to copy him.
I laughed and followed after Brian as he held Blaik. Bronx's hand was linked with mine as we walked out to the car, Juliann following behind us.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another update on the way!
I hope this one was longer!