‹ Prequel: Shattered Secrets

You Are Loved, Baby.

14.

I hurried around the house while Blaik slept and all three of the boys sat on the couch. Bronx watched as Brian and Juliann played the new video game that Brian had bought for my brother. Meanwhile, I attempted find something good to eat. Something that even Juliann and Bronx would eat if I made it.

But I wanted to find something that the guys and Michelle and Valary would like to. Finding food for both parties wasn't easy so I asked Brian what he would suggest.
"Nissa, since when can you cook actual meals?" He replied with a laugh.
I scoffed, "I can cook!" I defended, crossing my arms over my chest as I stood in the entryway of the kitchen.
Brian looked over his shoulder at me from where he sat on the couch with Bronx on his lap and a game controller in his hands, "I mean," He clarified, "Since when can you cook huge meals?"
I shrugged, "It can't be much different than cooking for Juliann, Blaik and Bronx."
Brian chuckled and slid Bronx off of his lap and handed him the controller.
I watched with raised eyebrows as Brian walked over to me and grabbed my wrist, pulling me into the kitchen.
"I'll help," He sighed, running his fingers through his hair, "What are you making?"
I bit my lip and glanced around the kitchen as if it would give me all the answers. "Um," I murmured, "I have no idea." I groaned and leaned down to rest my head on the island counter. I stood back up and glanced at Brian who had discarded his big black hoodie and was now just in his grey t'shirt.
"Do you have any ideas?" I questioned.
Brian rolled his eyes, "Cook something you have hear and that you know how to cool," He told me, going over to the fridge and pulling it open.
"You make it sound so simple," I whined, walking over to the fridge as well.
He laughed, "It is!"

Eventually I ended up making something that everyone liked. I had steak cooking and potatoes baking in the oven as I made salad.
At five o'clock everything was pretty much getting done and I figured that it'd be a good idea to wake Blaik up so that the wouldn't be too fussy when everyone got here to meet him.
"Brian!" I called from the kitchen.
I smiled when he walked in, holding Bronx upside down by his legs, "Yeah?" He asked, ignoring the fact that he had Bronx.
"First off," I stated, "Put Bronx down and second, go get your baby."
I laughed loudly as Brian pretended to drop Bronx on his head causing him to scream. Brian put him down on his feet and then turned to hurry up the stairs.

A couple of minutes later Brian came down the stairs with a whimpering baby in his arms. Brian walked straight over to me and asked, "What do I do?" Like he was terrified of breaking Blaik or something.
I smiled at him and showing him how to cradle the baby against his shoulder so that Blaik felt save and secure. Brian started to rock Blaik gently and then grinned when Blaik's little fingers wrapped around his shirt and he began to stop wailing.
"He likes you, Bri. I think he knows your his daddy," I told him, patting Blaik's back softly.
Brian grinned at me and then wandered out of the kitchen and over to the couch where Juliann still sat playing his games. Bronx sat on the floor in the far corner of the room next to his toy box. He was playing with the new toys that Brian got him.

I glanced at the clock that was on the stove and my heart began to beat like crazy, 5:16 it read, telling me that they would be here within the next 20 minutes or so. I got the condiments out of the fridge. Steak sauce, butter, sour cream, and a barrage of salad dressings that never even got opened seeing as no one really liked salad in this house.

At 5:27 I got the food from the over and stove. I placed the salad on the table in big bowl and I pulled out all the nice dishes that I could find. I pulled Blaik's high chair over to the table and I made sure that there were enough chairs for everyone to sit down. There were.
I put the food on plates and set those on the island in the kitchen so that everyone could take what they wanted.

After everything was set out and in the right places I was still looking for things to do before everyone got here. I needed something to keep my mind busy so I paced back in forth in the kitchen. I put all the food in the microwave, scared that it would cold before they got here. I went out to the living room and over to Bronx to reassess his clothing. But then that got me thinking about my clothes yet when I turned to go change a pair of tattooed arms caught me around the waist.
"Relax," Brian murmured, "You look fine. The kids look fine. Everything is amazing."
I nodded and took a deep breath, trying to get ready to throw myself and my dignity to the sharks, "I'm okay," I told Brian, pushing his arms off my waist.
He didn't take offense but just grinned and reached for Blaik who he had laid on the couch, surrounded by pillows. "Blaik needs his diaper changed," Brian told me, a pout on his lips.
I shook my head, "You can do, daddy." I laughed, walking away.
Brian followed after me with a groan, "Please, Nissa?" He begged, holding the baby out towards me.
I sighed but nodded my head and took Blaik from his outstretched arms.
Brian grinned and placed a kiss on the side of my head before he went over to Bronx and settled down on the floor.
I went up the stairs, talking to Blaik while I did so. "You're Daddy loves you, baby," I told him with a playful tone as he looked up at me with big brown eyes. He was at the age that he watch you, follow you with his eyes and it made it seem that he could really understand everything you told him. Because the tone of your voice would bring out either happy or sad sounds.
I went into his room and placed him on the changing table. I discarded his dirty diaper, wiped him clean and put a fresh diaper on his naked butt. I buttoned up his one-sy and then put his little sweatpants back on over his chunky legs.
"All better!" I cooed, lifting him into my arms. Right as I turned to leave his room I heard Brian talking and then I realized that they had arrived. I listened for a second from where I stood at the top of the stairs. Matt's voice flooded the house and the Bronx's while replying to the burly man.

I took a deep breath and began my decent down the stairs, catching the attention of everyone who stood at the door. Matt stood there with a dimpled grin. Valary was at his side, her fingers tangled with his. Zacky stood on the other side of Matt, although he didn't have a grin on his face, more of a suspicious look. Johnny was standing there too, looking around the house with an innocent smile.

When my gaze turned to Brian he was in a kiss with Michelle and I had to remind myself that he was going to marry her. I cleared my throat as I looked away from him and to my brother who was standing up from the couch.
"Hey guys!" I cheered, trying to keep my tone as light as possible.
They all answered with cheery replies and Matt was the first one to pull me into a hug, minding the baby in my arms.
"Zacky said you had another baby!" Johnny said loudly rushing forward to get a better look at the squawking child in my arms. I stole a glance at Brian who just shrugged in return. When I looked at the guys, Zacky's gaze caught mine and I looked away quickly.
"Uh, yeah." I smiled as Val cooed and came forward to as I shuffled so that Blaik was facing everyone, "This is Blaik."
Val made baby noises at him and Johnny grinned at me, "He's cute," he said.
I nodded, "Thank you, "I replied, turning to my brother as he walked over to me, "Guys.. and girls," I added, "This is my baby brother, Juliann. You met him at Bronx's party last year, well he's living with me now."
Everyone said their 'hello's' and Juliann grinned, "It's nice to see you guys again." He told them, before turning back to his games.
I cursed, "Damn Brian I had a hard time getting him away from there before, you shouldn't of bought him a new game." I groaned, smiling slightly as everyone laughed.
Michelle cut in, "You bought her brother a new video game?" She asked in a demanding tone, turning to look at Brian was a strong gaze.
Brian shrugged, "We went to mall to go shopping, why wouldn't I?"
Michelle scoffed, "You took them shopping? Great." She said under her breath, glaring at her sister as she reached out to swat at Michelle's arm.

I chuckled lightly, trying to break the tension, "Well, do you guy want to eat now? The foods ready," I told them, motioning to the dining room.
"Good idea," Zacky replied, offering a smile to the group as Bronx shouted that he was hungry.
The ten of us, Juliann and the baby included went into the kitchen. "Grab a plate!" I shouted, "Get some food and then sit any where you want,"
Bronx shook his head no as he followed Brian into the line of people reaching for food, "But don't sit in Blaiky's high chair! He's too little to sit in real chairs!"
Everyone laughed at Bronx's words but agreed nonetheless.

Everyone was seated and eating when I brought Blaik in with his food and my own. I noticed that Brian wasn't seat, but standing next to where Bronx sat, cutting up his food for him. I smiled and went over to the high chair. I placed Blaik in it and put the tray back on after he was buckled in.
Brian came over and sat in his chair on the other side of the high chair. I sat down and began to feed Blaik his baby mush. Brian shooed me away, "I go it," He told me with a smile.
I smiled back at him, but my mood was interrupted once again by Michelle.
"Brian," She called, "Why are you feeding her child?"
I froze and looked up at Brian slowly.
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter would be longer but I have to get ready for a family thing so I had to cut it a bit short at the end.
Sorry. Dx
But I hope you enjoyed reading this!
I loved writing this chapter.