‹ Prequel: Shattered Secrets

You Are Loved, Baby.

08.

The next morning I woke up early, having tossed and turned all night long. It seemed that I rolled out of bed as soon as the sun rose into the sky. I spent the next couple of hours cleaning the house. The boys' things were all over the house. It appeared that every single one of Bronx's toys were laying around on the living room floor instead of in the toy box where they should've been.

Blaik's baby toys were mixed up with his brothers' and Juliann's gaming console was still hooked up to the flat screen and the actual games were sprawled around the white X-box. I cleaned the kitchen, the living room, and I even cleaned Bronx's room while he sat on his unmade bed and whined about the fact that Brian hadn't called yet.
"I don't know, Baby." I told him, tossing his toys into his toy box.
"But Mommy!" Bronx screeched, "How is Brian Blaik's daddy?"
I shrugged, "He just is, darlin'," I told him, picking Blaik up from where he played on his blanket.
Bronx slid off of his bed and followed after me as I went down the stairs. I groaned when I noticed Junior sitting on the floor in front of the t.v with a controller in his hands.
I walked over to him and set Blaik in his lap, ignoring his complaints.
"I need a shower, baby brother!" I called as I turned and went back up the stairs, Bronx still following after me.
"Bronx, honey, go wait by the phone incase Brian calls while I'm in the shower." Bronx nodded his head, happy to have a job that would keep him busy.

I was halfway through washing the conditioner out of my hair when Bronx came banging on the door claiming that Brian was on the phone. I groaned, but still I got out of the scorching water and reached my hand out the door for the phone.
"Brian?" I asked into the phone as I wrapped a baby blue towel around myself.
"Hey Nissa," Brian replied quietly, with a hint of nervousness in his voice.
"Are you coming over?" I questioned, figuring that there was no better way then to get right to the point.
"Uh," Brian stuttered, "Yeah. I was hoping to but I need your address."
"Yeah, it's 2815 Northview Road. Do you need directions or..?"
"No thanks. I can type it into the GPS."
I nodded to myself, my nerves hitching up with every word said between us.
"Than I guess I'll see you later?" I murmured, biting my lip as I waited for his reply.
"Yeah, I'll be there in about an hour."
"See you then."
"Bye, Nissa."

I wrapped my towel tighter around me as I exited the bathroom. The first sound I heard was the baby screaming and then Juliann's video game sound effects blowing stuff up. I walked over to the top of the stairs and shouted, "Juliann put the damn game down and get the baby!"
When the sounds of the game stopped I wandered back into my room and went to my closet. I ruffled through my shirts as they hung on hangers. I bit my lip and pulled a deep purple off the shoulder top from the closet. The shirt would reveal my left shoulder but still be held up by a strap. There were gold letters on the shirt that said, "Famous". I chose a pair of black skinny jeans that had rips all the way up to my thighs and pulled those on as well. My favorite pair of converse were pulled out, the ones that were black and had the word, "Punk" sketched into them. I left those laying on the floor in my room as I went over into the bathroom.

I turned on my IPod as I blow dried my hair, running a brush through it as I did. After about 20 minutes my hair was dry and fluffy. Nowadays my hair came down to my lower back and my bangs ended at my jaw line. I did my makeup quickly, putting on black eyeliner and mascara.

I sang along to Escape The Fate's 'Ashley' as I went down stairs. Juliann was sitting cross legged on the floor in front of the t.v with Blaik laying in his lap and an X-box controller in his hands. Bronx sat on the couch behind them watching as Junior played. I rolled my eyes,
"Give me my baby," I told Junior in a flat voice, holding my hands out for him.
Juliann rolled his own eyes, something that we did a lot in our family, "Gladly," He said sarcastically, standing up with the baby cradled in his arms.

I took Blaik form his arms gently, smiling as Blaik giggled and slobbered on himself like every baby does.
"Brian will be here soon, Junior. Why don't you go take a shower or something."
"Yeah, Yeah." Juliann murmured, waving me off as he sat back down in front of the t.v.
"Come on, baby." I motioned for Bronx to follow me as I went up the stairs. I went into Blaik's bed room, smiling at the baby things that were scattered all over. I laid Blaik on his changing table and told Bronx to watch him while I turned to look through the baby's clothing.

I couldn't find anything that was appropriate, or maybe it was just my nerves controlling my thoughts. But what do you dress your almost seven month son in the day that he truly meets his famous, oblivious father for the first time? I really didn't know what would be alright, So I grabbed a light brown snap up one-sy and a pair of cotton tan pants. I dressed changed him, dressed him and smoothed down his thick hair. Then I carried him over into Bronx's room with me so that I could help my other child dress for the day.

Bronx picked out a blue and brown striped, long sleeved shirt and a pair of khaki pants that would match the brown in his shirt. I pulled Bronx into the bathroom so that we could brush his teeth and hair.
I took the baby downstairs and put him in his playpen with a couple of his little light up toys. When I came back up to the bathroom Bronx had a toothbrush in his mouth already. I smiled and waited for him to finished. His hair had grown too long to spike, and since we were spending all our extra money on food and diapers I hadn't gotten around to scraping up enough to get him a hair cut. My brother had talked him out of letting me cut his hair, so I just brushed through his blonde hair and let him run off to play before Brian would arrive.

I wandered back down the stairs after watching Bronx do the same. I sighed and plucked Blaik from his pen.
"Hey baby." I grinned, kissing his chubby little cheek and running my fingers through his light colored hair, "You're daddy is coming to see you," I told him, sitting down on the couch. Juliann still sat on the floor, leaning against the couch. He was too focused on the game to even realize that there were other people in the room.
I ran my eyes over my brother. His long hair was tangled and he wore only basketball shorts.
"Juliann?" I called, "Junior?" I tried again when I got no answer.
I rolled my eyes and stood up. I laid the baby on the couch and put pillows around him so that he wouldn't roll off.
I walked over and waved my hand in Juliann's face. He swatted me away with a grunt. I went over to the plug outlet and grabbed onto the counsel's cord.
"You have three seconds to go and take a shower," I said, motioning that I would unplug his game.
"Nissa don't!" Juliann shouted while clicking buttons, trying to save his game just in case I were to pull it.
"I will," I warned, nodding towards the stairs, "If you don't get off the floor and get ready."
Juliann nodded, tossing the controller out in front of him, having already saved his game. He stood up and ran up the stairs quietly. I smirked and turned the t.v back to normal Charter channels.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey!
I'm going back and changing it so that Blaik has blonde hair instead of brunette hair.
Just letting you know so that you don't get confused in the future.
I hope you enjoyed this.