Sequel: Say It Again
Status: Active Weekly

The Same Mistake

Friday, November 21 - (2).

Draco watched with carefully concealed interest as Ellie entered the Great Hall that night. Disgust rolled over him when he realized she was accompanied by Luna Lovegood. To his left, Pansy sank her nails into his arm.

“Did you see who the Frog just walked in with? Loony Lovegood!” Pansy laughed viciously. It was a shockingly high pitched sound that grated against Draco’s eardrums.

“Yes, they do make a rather perfect match,” he drawled. Deftly, he watched as Ellie walked arm in arm with Loony, finally sitting down at the Gryffindor table together.

If Draco had required reassurance that Ellie was not the girl for him nor would she ever be, this was the overwhelming evidence. Loony was a dirty blood traitor and Ellie lowered her own status by associating with Loony. This troubled Draco; why would the Dark Lord want to recruit a family who clearly didn’t value their own pure blood?

“They’re sitting together!” Pansy shrieked excitedly. “How precious!”

“What an utter disgrace,” Draco turned sideways on the bench to block Ellie from his view.

Pansy continued to spiritedly belittle Ellie. It was a monotonous dialog that consisted mainly of Pansy calling Ellie a plethora of unpleasant names. Draco laughed in all the right places, the same way he had been doing for the past week. Pansy was on a rampage and all Draco did was sit back and watch the destruction.

Draco had taken to ignoring the twinges of unease he felt every time Ellie flinched in response to one of Pansy’s remarks. If Ellie couldn’t handle a foolish girl’s words, there was no possibility of her surviving the Dark Lord.

That evening Draco was set to have another detention with Ellie. Based on the outcome, he planned to report to the Dark Lord that Ellie was a wasted attempt.
♠ ♠ ♠
A rather short chapter, but the next few should make up for that. Thanks to new commenter BloodyHell22 and thanks to Lovely Bones & blueskittles for their continued support of this story =]]