Sequel: Say It Again
Status: Active Weekly

The Same Mistake

Friday , November 21 – Evening (3).

Ellie had fought valiantly for the past two weeks to convince herself that she was absolutely not interested in Draco Malfoy. He was scum and she was far above caring about him. He could date Pansy and she wouldn’t give a damn about. She would pretend it didn’t bother her to see him kissing Pansy between classes. She would ignore the stab of sadness she felt every time he joined in Pansy’s ridicule. But the time for make believe was over.

Malfoy draped Ellie’s hands behind his neck, situating his own on her thin waist. “I would never date you,” she reminded him.

“I’m already taken,” he reiterated.

“You’re a perfect match.” Malice dripped from her words.

Malfoy smiled, “Watch yourself, Loren, you sound dangerously jealous.”

“Of that dog? Not possible.”

Malfoy bent down, his lips brushing her soft cheek. “What if I tell you I’m jealous of Potter.”

Heat seared through Ellie’s body, his touch was so gently, so filled with desire it was driving her mad. “I’d ask why?”

Their bodies melded together, her curves molding into his strong angles. His hands slipped under the back of her shirt kneading the smooth flesh of her lower back. “I’ve seen you with him.”

Ellie laughed, it was a nervous airy sound very much unlike her. “Trust me, there’s nothing to be jealous of.”

“Prove it to me,” he whispered in her ear.

Ellie blinked, pulling back to look at him. Malfoy’s grey eyes were bright but slightly desperate. Ellie didn’t know who had control of the situation and it was quite possible that Malfoy didn’t know either. Her heart beat urgently against her chest; she knew the danger, knew the risks, knew the consequences. “You’re nothing to me.”

Ellie’s hands drew Draco’s face down to hers. She pressed her lips to his with an undeniable need which he returned eagerly. His hands dug into her back then slipped down. He lifted her up; she wrapped her legs obediently around his waist, clinging to his strength.

Ellie’s fingers knotted in his white blonde hair her lips feverish as they met his. Draco slid his tongue across her bottom lip, begging entrance which Ellie granted. Their tongues tangled passionately; each giving and taking. The experience was quickly raising Ellie’s inner temperature, she wanted more of Draco and she most definitely didn’t want to share him with Pansy.

Ellie dragged herself away from him holding him at bay with her hands on his chest. “Promise me you’ll break it off with Pansy.”

“What?” Malfoy eyes were unfocused his only thoughts on rejoining their mouths.

“Drop Pansy,” Ellie repeated earnestly.

Clarity came to Malfoy. “You’re joking, right? You know I can’t break it off; we’re together, it’s what’s expected of me.”

“Do something unexpected then.”

“You’re crazy. This is my role to play and I can’t just give it up,” Malfoy explained with annoyance. “You know that. Now, come here.” He tried to capture Ellie in his arms but she stepped away from him disgust highlighting her fair features.

“You’re right. We have roles. And right now we are supposed to be washing windows.” Brushing past Malfoy, Ellie plunged her arm into the now freezing grey water the contents sloshing over the rim of the pail. She began to vigorously wash the windows, throwing her whole self into the menial task.

“Ellie,” Malfoy sighed. “What are you doing? Come down here, talk to me.”

“There’s nothing to say. You better get down to the South Tower and take care of the windows. Professor Snape said he’d be back in an hour which only gives us thirty minutes to wash these windows.” Ellie directed a quiet fury behind her words.

Draco was not going to beg Ellie to be him, he certainly had never begged for anything in his life and he wasn’t going to start with some blood traitor. Mustering up a sense of selfish disdain he thrust a frustrated hand through his short blonde hair. “Of course, Frog, as you wish.” With a patronizing bow, Draco backed out of the room; but before the door closed her heard the distinct sound of a bucket being kicked to the ground.
♠ ♠ ♠
Huzzah! Friday, November 21st has been completed! Thanks to NicoleMarie.MN, brunettecutie04, HolaCola, and blueskittles for their lovely comments. I hope the story is living up to your expectations =]