Sequel: Say It Again
Status: Active Weekly

The Same Mistake

Monday, December 1 – Morning (1).

“Where have you been?” Ginny grabbed Ellie’s hand tugging her down on the bench beside her.

“Uhm,” Ellie had a dreamy look about her. “I’ve been awake.”

“Yeah. I got that part when I saw your bed empty at seven this morning,” Ginny shoveled scrambled eggs onto both of their plates. “Where did you go?”

Ellie’s eyes flickered over to the Slytherin table; she blushed fuchsia then stared pointedly at her plate. “I had to talk to someone.”

“Someone?” Ginny asked skeptically. “As you friend, I feel that it is my responsibility to remind you that if you currently dating one Seamus Finnigan. Furthermore, getting involved with persons that have been labeled as git and pompous arse is unadvisable. Finally, if you absolutely must involve yourself with such persons, I will remain your loyal friend but cannot comment on the attitude of our other friends.”

A hysterical laugh bubbled from Ellie’s chest. “Ginny!”

“Wait, I’m not finished,” she hushed her friend. “Additionally, I still maintain the right to tell you ‘I told you so’ when things go to seed.”

“Thank you, Gin. I’m so glad you are holding out such hope for my future relationship.” Ellie finished off her eggs.

“Future relationship? As in it might or might not happen?”

“As in, once I break things off with . . . “ she trailed off. “Hi, Seamus.”

“Moring. Mind scooting down, Ginny?” Seamus asked, beaming at the pair of them.

“No, of course,” Ginny shifted her plate down a seat and Ellie followed suit.

Seamus sat down beside his girlfriend, wrapping one arm around her back. He began to load up his plate with breakfast food. “What have you got going on tonight?”

“Well, I have that detention, remember?” Ellie stated tentatively.

“Right. With Malfoy,” Seamus frowned unhappily. “How long do you suppose that’ll take?”

Ellie shrugged. “Maybe we should talk after breakfast.”

“What?” Seamus brow furrowed then his gaze panned over to Ginny. “Oh, right. Sorry Ginny, I forgot that you and Zachary were having problems.”

“Gee thanks, Seamus,” Ginny replied miffed. “I’ve got to get going to class, you coming, Ellie?”

“Yes,” Ellie attempted to stand but Seamus pulled her back down.

“Nah, she’ll stay with me. We’re heading to the same class anyway.”

“Erm, alright then. See you later, Ellie.” Ginny waved.
♠ ♠ ♠
Happy Christmas Eve if you celebrate it =] Thanks to blueskittles, Never Looking Back, emily calamity, and Kimm for their fantastic comments! I don't know when I'll be updating next, maybe later tonight or tomorrow, but either way, have a wonderful holiday!