Sequel: Say It Again
Status: Active Weekly

The Same Mistake

Monday, December 1 – Evening.

Ellie and Draco stood with at least twelve inches between them. “Tonight you will be cleaning my classroom. This means you will be required to check all of the potions ingredients, clean out the large cauldron, wipe down all of the surfaces, and of course this is to be done without magic.” Snape directed a sense of boredom in his tone.

“Will you be checking in on us?” Ellie risked the question.

“Of course, Ms. Loren. Since neither you nor Draco have managed to win over my trust I will be checking in randomly throughout the night. If I don’t see progress, you’ll lose house points.” Snape answered coldly. His beady eyes stared at them, “Get on with it then.”

Ellie waited until she and Draco were safely in the hallway outside of Snape’s office. “Catch me if you can!”

“Ellie!” Draco snapped as he chased her down the hallway.

A devious smirk worked its way onto her lips complete with a mischievous giggle. Gripping her books, Ellie took off at a sprint, hoping to put enough distance between herself and Draco that he wouldn’t be able find her. Down two flights of curving around three hallways and finally ducking into Snape’s deserted classroom, Ellie collapsed onto an empty stool.

Squeaking footsteps alerted her that she was not alone. Quietly, she edge to the front of the classroom to peer out the crack in the door. Draco paced up and down the hallway, shoving a frustrated hand through his hair.

A hysterical laugh broke the silence of the hallway. Draco spun around toward the sound instantly spotting the hiding Ellie. He charged at her, wrenching the door open and storming in. “What did you do that for?”

“I-I won!” Ellie laughed harder, one hand clutching a stitch in her side and the other wrapped securely around her wand.

Draco twirled a lock of her hair around her hair. “It certainly wasn’t a fair race. How was I supposed to concentrate with you perfect arse bobbing in front of me? Otherwise, I would most definitely have won.”

“You’re ridiculous,” Ellie giggled. She sank into the nearest desk, lowering her wand.

“I prefer persistent.”

“As if you’ve ever been persistent in your life. What hasn’t fallen into your lap if you wanted it Malfoy? What besides me?” her blue eyes taunted him merrily.

“Taking feeble cracks at my family , Frog? Yes my family is well endowed and I have no reason to complain for it.” Grudgingly Malfoy dragged a stool to the table between them. He tried in vain not to be entranced by her blue eyes and the way they still twinkled from her recent laughter. Or how her lower lip was just slightly fuller than her upper one. Or how her cheeks were pale pink.

Ellie stiffened. “Frog?”

Feeling a semblance of shame, Malfoy rolled his eyes, “Ellie.” He had to admit he had grown very used to the way her name sounded coming from his mouth, the way it gave him a sense of possession over her.

“Draco.” She countered. And again he had to note that he liked even more the way his name sounded when she said it.

“Go out with me.” It was demand not a proposition.

“No.”

“Why not?” there was a slight whine to his words.

“If you want me to go out with you, you’re going to have to ask, not demand. I think you owe me that. And if you think I’m going to go out with you just because I happen to like the way you kiss, you’re wrong. You’ll need to impress me, Draco Malfoy.” She ticked off each item on her fingers.

“I speak French!” he said rather desperately.

She raised a perfectly arched eyebrow in disbelief. “Parles-tu?”

“Oui. Je parle le francais et j’ai etuide le francais pour six ans.”

Her jaw dropped. “You studied French for six years! Pour qoui?”

“My mother’s maiden name is LeStrange, my mother is fluent in French. Over the holidays she gets me a tutor so I can brush up.” He shrugged.

“Hm,” Ellie assessed him. “You are not the boy I thought you were.”

Draco’s features darkened. “I can assure you I am not.”

The overwhelming urge to feel his lips on hers pressed against her mind. She leaned forward across his desk, her eyes half lidded. “Bise - moi.”

Draco cupped her heart shaped face in his hands, leaned forward, and kissed her. It was a kiss that sent fireworks exploding in Ellie’s soul. Draco’s kiss was like fire and ice, his lips were warm and searing on her own, yet his touch was cool and unhurried. Her hands tangled in his blonde hair, forcibly pulling him closer, she needed more of him. Draco deepened the kiss, his tongue slipping gently into her mouth.

Ellie sighed with pleasure. She desperately wished the silly wooden table wasn’t separating them. Without breaking the kiss, Ellie climbed over the barrier and settled herself onto Draco’s lap. His arms wrapped strongly around her back, holding her to him, protecting her from him.

Her hands slid down his chest, pushing up the white button down shirt. Her fingers ran happily circles over his sculpted chest. Draco’s own hands deftly slipped up the back of Ellie’s shirt, tracing her spine and tickling her sides. It was the most perfect kiss she had ever experienced.

Eventually, the need for fresh air won out, bringing both of them away from the kiss. Draco stared at her with a goofy smile though his eyes were hard with determination. Ellie traced her finger over his lips, her own lips were feeling a bit swollen from all the kissing. “J’aime ta bise.”

Draco laughed, the action softening his eyes and causing Ellie to smile in return. “I like how you kiss too.”

Ellie dropped her head to his shoulder, letting his even breathing lull her erratic heartbeat. ”And why would you want to date a girl like me, Draco?”

“Because you make me feel like a good person.”
♠ ♠ ♠
My many thanks to blueskittles and laefrance164 for their comments and mon cent et deux subscribers! Tres bien et merci beacoup! =]