Sequel: Say It Again
Status: Active Weekly

The Same Mistake

Monday, February 28 .

Ellie and Hermione sat behind Draco in Defense Against the Dark Arts; and though Hermione was taking very detailed notes, Ellie found her attention slipping rather quickly. She continued to stare at the back of Draco. She wanted to speak with him, be held by him. They had spoken very little since their meeting two weeks prior. Draco had been distant, if nothing else.

It was disconcerting. Ellie felt that she was losing him, that Draco was becoming more entangled with his task, farther from her reach. She knew that if she was going to help him, she needed to act soon. Ellie just hoped it was too late already.

Hermione nudged Ellie’s elbow forcing her to draw a slanting line across her incompetent notes. Ellie bent forward, dragging her thoughts away from Draco, and began to write down every word Professor Snape said.

After class, Draco lingered as he packed up his books. Noticing, Ellie purposely knocked over her uncapped bottle of ink. It crashed to the floor pouring out in every direction. “Zut!” Ellie sighed, dropping to her knees to mop up the mess. “Go on to lunch, Hermione. I’ll be there soon enough.”

“Are you sure?” Hermione bit her lip, “I’ll stay and help.”

“No, you go on ahead, I’ve got it.” Ellie waved off her friend.

Draco waited until Hermione had left the room, and Professor Snape had retreated to his office before bending down to help Ellie. “Smooth,” he smirked.

Ellie shrugged. “It did afford us some privacy though, no?”

Draco cast a weary look over his shoulder to Professor Snape’s office. “Not for long. Come on, let’s go somewhere more private.” He pointed his wand at Ellie’s broken ink bottle mumbling, “Reparo.” The shards of glass flew back together forming an empty ink well. Draco lifted it from the table and dropped it into Ellie’s bag.

Ellie followed eagerly after Draco. This was the first time he had even been willing to sneak off with her since his confession about the Dark Lord’s intentions. Ellie wasn’t sure if Draco was so worried about her safety that he was intentionally trying to distance himself from her, or if she was simply making a big deal out of nothing. Draco led the way to hallway of the room of requirement. He paced before the door three times, when it opened, he grabbed Ellie’s wrist gently tugging her in quickly behind.

Once the door to the room closed, Draco shifted his grip, placing a strong hand on either side of Ellie’s waist. He lifted her up, she wrapped her legs around his waist, he pressed her back against the stone wall to help support her weight; his mouth was on Ellie’s before her thoughts were even able to catch up with the situation. Draco was almost crushing Ellie, his hands grasping at her body, running through her hair, desperate to touch her. His mouth, hot and frantic. Very easily, without any effort, Draco was able to ignite an equally desperate and frantic desire within Ellie, but she fought through the fog and desperation to be together.

“Draco – Draco!” She gasped, pulling back from him, pushing her palms solidly against his chest. “Stop – wait,” she panted in between kisses. Ellie unwrapped her legs from his waist; she slid down against his body, feeling and appreciating every single hard inch of him. “Draco,” She repeated as he marked her collar bone before sliding his lips up her throat.

“What?” he asked, his irritation hardly concealed. “You don’t like this?”

“Of course –“ she inhaled sharply as his hips grated into hers. “Of course I do, but we need –“ she groaned, her knees weakening, “we need to talk. We need to talk.”

“Talk?” Draco’s tone was incredulous. “I’m more of a visual learner.” He tugged at the bottom of Ellie’s shirt, his intentions crystal clear.

“Draco. . .” but she was already faltering, succumbing. Ellie’s last coherent thought, before Draco consumed her every sense, was that she hoped everything was alright between them because she couldn’t bear to live without this.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's been a while, my apologies. Final movie is coming out soon, very excited = better frequency of updates!