The Breakfast Club

Interlude.

My fingers tapped along the small blade I always kept in my pocket, dancing along its outline through my jeans. I looked down the hall, ah, there he was. All muscle, scruffy hair and a head or two taller than the rest of us; in his mind he was the alpha. Everyone adored him; I saw nothing special about him.

His back was to me, a good thing in my opinion. He always looked at me funny. I knew what I was about to do wouldn’t do serious harm to him, he was a fast healer, much like all of us. According to the mortals we’re the living dead, but I feel very much alive. I slowly inched my blade out of my pocket and clutched it tightly in my hand.

The moment I passed within inches of him I struck out and stabbed him, making the three inch blade embed itself in his back, just above his left hip. His yelp turned growl made me grin like the maniac some perceived me as and I continued on down the hall, placing the now bloody blade back into my pocket. I could lick it clean but that’d be gross ‘cause for one, I’m partial to mortal blood and secondly, he’s a dog and that’s just disgusting—a vegan vampire, it’s simply unheard of and if they did exist, I’m sure the rest of us would gladly dispose of them.

I made my way to the end of the hall where I met the amused yet disproving glare of Xander.

“Really Wyatt? Again?”

I grinned down at him as he pushed his glasses back up his nose. He rolled his eyes and held the door open for me so we could exit the school together.

“Well I suppose it couldn’t be as bad as the one time you unraveled me, Mum was so mad that day when I came home with my rags in a bag. She was so offended to see my skeletal frame.”

We looked at each other and laughed; his Mum did no such thing. She glanced at the two of us and told us that, well me, that I had better put him back right or she would tell my mother what I did. I suppose I’m lucky no one takes my stupid pranks so seriously. I reached into my pocket and took out the crumpled remains of Mo’s poem and thrust it out towards Xander.

“Mo wrote this during math, thought we could tinker on your piano for a bit, then maybe you could ask if Jamie would like to come over and have at it?”

I didn’t know how it was possible, but whenever Xander blushed, you could tell by his eyes, they’d get a little glossy and just slightly squinty at the corners. I shoved him with my shoulder and he nudged me back. Jamie was gorgeous—for a girl mind you—and Xander had the most obvious crush on her. She has to know he does, but Mo swears up and down she likes him back.

“Wyatt you know I can’t do that! You’re the one that always asks for her to come over, or Mo! I sound like a fool every time I’m on the phone with her.”

“You sound like a fool whenever you’re in her presence Xan, there is no ‘just on the phone.’”

He slapped my arm with one of his books and we burst out laughing.
♠ ♠ ♠
This will mostly be just a bunch of nonsense...with somewhat of a story plot in there somewhere.