The Breakfast Club

She.

Fingers grab desperately at my back, nails digging in as if to never let go. Lips and teeth nip and brush along my jaw and neck, finally settling on the junction of neck and shoulder. I arch into the phantom warmth of the body before me; fingers and thighs are the only body parts touching.

My own fingers clenched deep in a sheet that is not mine. My chest heaves with unnecessary breaths, the life substance that flows through my unbeating heart fills me with a strange warmness that floods the lower region of my body. Fingers scrabble to my chest, palming my pectorals and pressing me down onto my back, I let myself be overpowered.

The lips and teeth continue their path along my neck and jaw, up and down, from right to left before settling on my left ear. Lips so soft, parting, allowing puffs of warm air to flutter across my lobe before uttering words I have longed to hear from someone other than my family. Only then do my hands release their hold on the sheets, quickly moving up the expanse of a smooth back, arched just enough to keep the body from smothering me.


“Wyatt! Get up you’re going to be late!”

I jerked up, looking around my room disoriented.

“Over here pea brain.”

I instantly settled my gaze on the small girl in my arm chair holding one of my books in her lap.

“Paige, what are you doing in my room? I thought Dad told you not to come in here because of last time.”

She smirked and slammed the book shut.

“Oh ickle brother, when will you learn that Daddy is wrapped around my finger; besides, he and Ma went on a trip. Remember their get away they’ve been going on for the past eight months, they left this morning. I’m in charge.”

She climbed to her feet and walked over to my bed and yanked the blanket off, revealing me in my nakedness and she simply laughed.

“You’re lucky I didn’t send Xander in here to wake you, he’d have done the same thing and I think you’d have shocked him to the point he would’ve fainted. Get a move on; you’ve got fifteen minutes before the bus comes. And seriously, take care of that before you hurt yourself.”

With that she turned and sauntered out yelling that it was unsafe for anyone to come in to my room because I would be taking care of a very private matter. Xander’s chuckle and Mo’s barking laugh let me know I would have a long twenty minute bus ride to school this morning.

I flung my legs over the edge of my bed and hopped up and moved towards my dresser. I tugged open a drawer and snatched a shirt and a pair of jeans. Slipping both on and not bothering with any boxers today I ran downstairs.

“Morning sleeping beauty.”

I narrowed my eyes at Mo who simply grinned in response. Xander at least had the decency to not meet my gaze as he munched on something his Mum gave him for breakfast. I felt fingers ruffle my hair and an arm drape around my shoulders.

“Hey Wyatt, Mo invited me to come along this morning.”

Now I realized why Xander couldn’t look at me, I was standing next to Jamie. It took me all of ten seconds to realize that she was here the whole time and had heard what my sister announced to the house. My sister tossed me a snack bag and smirked at me over her mug.

“Apparently you’re very slow this morning Wy…and you didn’t do what I told you to. Get a move on you lot; I don’t want to have to waste my morning driving you to school. Have a great day!”