Status: In-Progress, updating as much as I can.

Laugh with the Sinners;Cry with the Saints

Chapter Five

Sighing, I peeked through the telescope, I glanced at the Slytherin beside me; he was jotting down notes, while I was frustratedly trying to find Neptune. Letting out a defeated whine, I stomped my foot and crossed my arms.

“I can’t find the damn thing.” I muttered as I looked down at the star chart, trying to find where exactly I went wrong. It just figured that the first class we would actually stargaze would be the one class I picked to be a complete dunce.

Rolling his eyes, the blonde beside me reached over and, with little effort, turned my telescope to the right before returning to his notes, writing, what I supposed, was his description of Neptune. Giving him one last glance, I turned to look through the eye piece of the telescope. I felt my face fall as I saw the small blue sphere. How did he do that?

“Thanks,” I muttered glumly as I scratched my description of the planet on the parchment in front of me. Beside me, I heard a grunt, which I took as a ‘you’re welcome’. Honestly, I didn’t even expect that much from him.

As the class went on the temperature dropped and I deeply regretted forgetting my sweater in the dorm. Pulling my cloak closer, I suppressed a shiver and returned to my telescope, teeth chattering. Turning the telescope a little to the left I noticed from the corner of my eye, Emily’s sweater lying over her telescope as she talked with her partner.

Muttering something to Draco about ‘being right back,’ I made my way across the tower and
tapped Emily on the shoulder. Turning around, she smiled at me and waved.
“Hey, Elsie.”

“Hi there, Em.” I waved back, eyeing her sweater as I rubbed my arms in attempt to keep warm. “Would you mind too much if I commandeered your sweater? I left mine in the dorm.”

“I don’t care,” she shrugged, “on one condition, though.” She said as I shrugged off my cloak.

“Huh?” I asked as I froze, her sweater in hand.

“Never talk like a pirate again, it doesn’t become you.”

“Deal,” I laughed as I pulled the sweater over my head before shrugging on my coat again.

“Thanks again, Em. I’ll see you after class.” I told her, walking back to my telescope.
--

“You’re going to have to do more.” Harry told me as we were standing outside the Gryffindor Common room.

“What do you mean?” I asked. Did he not think I was doing all I could?

“Spend more time with him.” Harry shrugged running a hand through his hair, messing it up even more than it previously had been.

“Being partners with him is enough.” I mumbled under my breath as I crossed my arms across my chest and leaned against the wall. “Fine,” I said loud enough for him to hear. I’m sure he could hear the irritation in my voice. “I’ll check in with you tomorrow.” I grumbled as I pushed off from the wall and turned to stalk away.

“Thank you.” He called after me, and against my better judgment, I turned and replied.

“Yeah, yeah, no problem.” I waved as I turned to make my way down the corridor.

--

“Do more?” I mumbled as I rounded a corner, running a hand though my hair in frustration.

“What the hell does he want me to do, jump in bed with him?!”

I continued to walk, thinking of a completely devious plan to spy on Draco and crack this case wide open (if there even was a case, that is…come to think of it, I could kind of see Hermione’s view of this whole thing…) when the all too familiar sound of rustling robes caught my attention.

Turning my head in the direction of the sound, I smirked as I saw Draco round the corner dramatically, robes billowing behind him—frankly he reminded me of Snape when he did that. Shaking that thought, I ran to catch up with him.

“Oy, Malfoy!” When he didn’t turn, I rolled my eyes. I’d better get something out of this little plan of Harry’s, I thought as I quickened my pace, slowing only when I fell into stride with the Slytherin. “Hey, Malfoy.”

“What is it now, Bartley? We finished our homework for the week, didn’t we?” He asked, not bothering to look at me.

“Well, yes.” I sighed, trying to think of something to say. “But can’t I talk to my favorite Slytherin astronomy partner because I enjoy talking to him?” I smiled what was probably the corniest smile in the history of corny smiles.

“Really, what do you want, Bartely?” He stopped and turned to look at me.

“Uhm, well.” I kicked up imaginary dust around my feet as my hands fidgeted in front of me. It finally dawned on me that I didn’t exactly think this through.

“Well?” Draco raised a pale eyebrow.

“Yes, well you see…uhm; I’ve lost my Astronomy book.”

“That seems like a personal problem, Bartley.” Rolling my eyes, I crossed my arms across my chest.

“Well, considering that the last place I had it was in class with you, Malfoy, I was wondering if maybe you accidently took it.”

“I didn’t.” He turned to walk away.

“Are you sure?” I asked, panicked; he couldn’t get away. I was determined to have something worthy of telling when I met Harry later.

“Bloody hell.” I heard him mutter before he stopped and looked at me once more. “Yes, I’m quite sure.”

“But you’re not absolutely sure, right?” I smirked. Glaring my way, he let the bag on his shoulder slide down his arm, catching it by the strap. He violently tore it open, and turned it to me, showing me the contents that it held. Taking his astronomy book out, he turned it to the front cover, showing me his name that he has scrawled in it months before.

“See? I’m absolutely sure. Now will you leave me alone?” When I didn’t say anything he turned and began to continue his trek down the corridor.

“Will you help me look for it?” I asked in a last, feeble attempt, to get him to stay.

“No.” He answered without even a glance back.

--

“Well, your little plan against Draco seems to be going well.” Jamie commented sarcastically as I took a seat beside her in Transfiguration the next day.

“Oh shut up.” I muttered as I pulled my book from my bag and turned to the page indicated on the chalk board at the front of the class room.

“Hopefully we’re transfiguring something into a shovel today.” Trent sighed as he rested his
chin in the palm of his hand. Jamie snorted, laughing.

“What on earth are you talking about?” I asked, my brow furrowing in thought.

“Well, you’re going to have to have something to dig that hole of yours.”
♠ ♠ ♠
So, I'm not crazy about this chapter...at all. Honestly I only really like the end bit. But, it's an update nonetheless.

Would anyone like to beta this story, maybe help out a little when it comes to needing someone to listen to ideas, and put input in? If you're interested, message me, or you can talk to me via AIM at bwahimavampire. Just tell me you're from Mibba. Thanks!