Status: A New Story - just trying it out while i'm on holiday

Stole my Soul

Puppets and Rag dolls

The sky was blue and the sun was shining brightly the morning of my 12th birthday. It was November 12th, 2006, a slightly chilly day, but a great one none-the-less. My family had stumbled into my room all at once singing to me and carrying my breakfast and gifts. The smile on my face was at its largest and the joy inside my heart overcame all the pain that was in my life at the time.

Later on in the day I had gone to school. I could say that everything had been normal, but I would be lying. My day was filled with birthday privileges. I got to go out to recess first and had gotten no homework for the day. However, that wasn’t really what made my 12th birthday different to any other day, or any other birthday for that matter.

My parents had thrown a little party for me and my friends. We were basically just down in the basement of the house playing foosball and air hockey, while snacking on the treats my mother had put out. It was nearing 8 o’clock on a school night so many of my friends had begun to leave. After a while it was only my family and the Jonas’ left, but their parents were upstairs socializing with my parents so we all knew it would be a while until they left.

Scarlett had been chatting Kevin’s ear off with her 16 year old stories and with his growing crush on her; he listened to –or pretended to listen to - every word she said intently. Joey, Joe and Nick were fighting over who got to play the games console first while I sat and nibbled on the candy pieces remaining. I was pretty content with just sitting there as this was how things usually panned out when we were all together. I was younger than all of them by a few years and so I had never really fitted in.

After losing out of playing the game, Nick had sauntered over to me coolly and sat on the worn-out sofa.

“Hey, are you having a good birthday?” He smiled softly at me. I blushed instinctively and smiled back.

“Yeah, it’s been pretty cool.” I blew my brown fridge out of my eyes and picked at the bottom of my converse.

“What did you get?” He asked casually.

“I got an acoustic guitar.”

He raised his eyebrows at me, showing how impressed and surprised he was.

“You’re into music?” He questioned me. I knew about his and his brothers’ love for music and their amazing talent in the all performing aspects, but they didn’t know about my love for the industry.

“Yeah, all forms of performing. Dancing and music are my favourite though. I’d choose them over acting any day.”

“That’s really cool. You should pursue it, if you love it that much. I never knew you were into that sort of thing.”

“I always have been.” I told him, forgetting to mention that it was his amazing talent on the piano and guitar that had sparked my interest when I was 8 years old.

“Come on,” He said to me getting up. “I want to hear you play that guitar.

I stood up obediently, despite not wanting to actually perform in front of him. He raised his eyebrows at me when I made no movement to lead him to my room causing me to blush furiously and do exactly what he intended for me to do.

We climbed the stairs and walked through the photographed hallways before entering my room. It wasn’t a small room for me at the time. It consisted of my single bed, a desk, a dresser, a few cupboards and my most prized possession, an old piano.

He picked up my guitar and inspected it, nodding every once in a while.

“Nice, now play me something.” He rested the guitar in my clammy hands, sat down next to me on my bed and waited patiently.

“I-I... I don’t know what to play.” I stuttered.

“Play whatever. Your favourite song, whatever you want.”

I glanced into his brown eyes momentarily, before adjusting the guitar on my lap and beginning to play.

The chords to Avril Lavigne’s “Keep Holding On’ began to sound from the strings of my guitar. I strummed the chords of the verse before stopping abruptly.

“Not bad, you’ve got talent.” He grinned at me. I dropped my eyes from his and smiled in happiness at his comment.

“Thanks.”

He took the guitar from me and allowed his fingers to dance over the next as he strummed. I smiled at the beautiful music, watching as he played fluently.

“You’re really good.”

“Yeah, lots of practices will get you there one day.” He told me and I nodded.

We sat silently on my bed, our bodies slightly angled towards each other. He put his hands behind his head and lied back on my duvet. I looked down at him.

“I remember when I turned 12. It was a good birthday for me, if you know what I mean.” He winked at me. I stared at him blankly not understanding what he meant. He smirked before sighing. “I lost my virginity to Carla Macintosh that day.”

My eyes widened in astonishment as my stomach churned. Nick laughed loudly and clutched his stomach.

“You should have seen your face!” He sat up. “My kissing virginity. On my 12th birthday I had my first kiss.”

I bit my lip nervously. I had never kissed a guy so I didn’t really understand what was so amazing about it, but at that moment I really did want to know what made it as special as it is.

“Kissing an older girl for your first kiss is definitely the way to go. Joe says it doesn’t make a difference, but I think experience is the best way to go.” He winked at me.

I cleared my throat. “I don’t ever plan on kissing an older girl, but I’ll take your word for it.”

He laughed out loud as our eyes locked. “An older boy then.”

I nodded in agreement and shifted my position finding a more comfortable position.

“So, have you got a crush on anyone? At school or whatever?” I blushed at his question and looked down.

I could never tell him that I thought he was the cutest boy I had ever seen or that every time I saw him all I wanted to do was smile and watch him, but I didn’t want to lie to him either.

I shook my head avoiding eye contact. He placed his finger beneath my chin and raised it until our eyes met.

“You’re not lying to me are you Skye?” He questioned my silence. I didn’t respond, but continued to stare at him.

He smiled at me gently causing my eyes to stare at his perfectly plump, pink lips. I looked back into his eyes, watching as he slowly closed the distance between us. His eyes glanced at my lips one last time before he closed the gap and gently kissed me.

His lips pressed against mine gently for a few seconds before he began to move them a little more boldly. My closed eyes opened in panic and I pulled myself out of his light grasp. I tilted my head and looked at his grinning face, as my heart beat heavily against my chest.

He got up without another word and left my room leaving me to contemplate what had just happened. My mind raced at the millions of thoughts flying threw it. The happiness of having my first kiss clashed with the lack of meaning behind it and his abrupt departure. I clutched my stomach before running across the hall to the bathroom and heaving over the toilet; my nerves evidently getting the better of me. Nothing came out, but I could feel myself getting dizzy and the light sweat breaking out on my forehead.

After mustering enough energy out of myself, I stumbled down the stairs into the kitchen and gulped down a glass of ice cold water.

I listened to the chattering as the Jonas’ prepared to leave. They headed towards the door and said goodbye to me as they passed. My eyes met Nick’s causing me to blush as he saw me in this slightly frazzled state. He stopped and looked at me for a moment.

“Happy Birthday Kid.” And with that I watched him walk away.
♠ ♠ ♠
I finally managed to get out another chapter :)
My extreme exhaustion has caused my typing ability to slow down drastically :(
Comments :)
MJx