A Little Piece of Heaven.

Before the story begins, Is it such a sin,

I groaned heavily as I walked into the building where I worked. Sipping at my star bucks coffee as I listened to the click clacking of my heels as they hit the tiled floor. It’s not that I don’t like my job as a graphic designer. I just didn’t like the stuff we had to draw.. My favourites being Skeletons and Gothic creations. You eventually get bored of the crap we draw here which is mostly flowers, chavs, cartoon characters and what not. I needed something… different. I Sighed heavily as I sat down at my desk with my best guy friend at work, Mickey, sat in front of me.

“Why so down chica?” He asked as he looked at me, his lip stuck out in a pout. I stifled a laugh and it came out as a giggle.

“Nothing Mick, just sick of drawing the same old shit.” I said sticking my lip out as well to copy his expression.

“Honey, you know I’m just like you with your likes and dislikes and I hate it too but come on, I rolls in the money.” He said with a half smile and I nodded in agreement. Mickey was the only thing I enjoyed about coming to work. His company was the best in the world and he made every workday a fun day for me. I brought up on my computer a secret project I’d been working on and started getting to work. It was better than drawing the fucking gay picture that I had to draw.. I mean who the fuck draws cows? Really? And this bag of shit was going on a t-shirt. As soon as I started I was brought out of my train of thought by Linda, our boss, as she opened the door giving us both a fake smile.

“This is an announcement just to let you know that someone really important to our work is coming over tomorrow. He needs workers for his small business and will be taking one of you into consideration. He works from home at the moment and has really big hopes for finding someone of use so.. Get to work” She said before exiting through the door. I decided I was going to show this ‘person’ my secret project whether people liked it or not. I thought it was pretty damn good. Also Mickey thought it was pretty amazing too. Fuck it, I best get busy.

-x-

I sighed with relief as I finally left the hell hole for the day with Mick walking slowly besides me.

“Hey, you want to come round to my house tonight? Movie marathon.” I said with a grin and he jumped up and down, clapping his hands.

“Yes, Yes, Yes!” He said with a childish smile and I giggled lightly, taking his hand in mine as I pulled him to my car and we got inside quickly. “You have ice cream?” He asked with a slight glare.

“Do you have to ask? Coarse I do doof.” I said with a smile and we made our way to my house. Mick didn’t even have to go home for clothes. He already had a secret stash at my house for unexpected sleepovers and what not. He was my best friend and we did everything together. As I pulled into my apartment complex I smiled with relief as I was home. My favourite place in the world. It had taken me ages to save up and make it the way it was but we got really good pay and hell was it worth it. My house was my sanctuary and possibly Mick’s too. He loved it too since he helped me with quite a lot. It was only a simplistic apartment with a small kitchen, living room, bathroom and bedroom but, in my eyes it good. Because it was my home. I sighed contently as I slumped into the sofa and switched on the TV as Mick sat down beside me. I ran into my room quickly and changed into some Shorts and a tank top before skipping back out to Mick. He was sprawled out on the couch with the ice cream and I took this as an opportunity to jump on him, So I did. He groaned in agony as I sat on his stomach; Laughing softly. I rolled off him and he mumbled before getting up and placing the ice cream on the table, walking over to my stash of horror films.

“What about… Mirrors?” He asked and I nodded my head softly. I’d never seen this film since I only bought it a few days ago and was actually excited to watch it. Mick put it in the DVD player and sat besides me as he wrapped an arm around my shoulder. And before you think anything, Were not together.. Actually Mick’s the complete opposite way, He’s gay.

“So, Who do you think this person coming in tomorrow will be?” He asked as the adverts started up and I shrugged. “Apparently it’s someone famous.” He said with a sly smirk and I shook my head at him. He always knows the gossip.

“And how do you know this Mr sneaky.” I said with a giggle and he smiled lightly.

“The girls at work were gossiping about it at lunch.” He said with a grin and I scoffed.

“So in other words, all the girls are gonna be drooling over them and trying to get in their pants?” I asked and he nodded softly before turning our attention back to the TV as the film was starting. Tomorrow should be.. Interesting. To say the least. Would the mysterious person like my designs? Ah well. Only one way to find out and that’s to show him. Hopefully he has the same taste as me.. Well, I think i'm actually looking forward to work for once.
♠ ♠ ♠
Erm.. so yeah, new story. Tell me what you think?
Comment? Subscribe?