Status: Give It A Try :)

There's Always a Catch

T H I R T E E N

The weeks slowly passed, Paul and I were what I could say ‘unofficial’, we merely just held hands, cuddled and occasionally had a kiss but it didn’t feel that different from before. Paul has been helping me out, buying all my stuff for the baby. He comes with me to every check up and everyday, my stomach grows. I’ve been more positive about the pregnancy ever since I found out I was having a little girl.

“How adorable is this?” Seth says, and when I turned around saw he had a little pink hat on his head, I couldn’t help grin widely letting out a small chuckle. Seth had accompanied me today as Paul had patrol. I now knew of where he went whenever he wasn’t with him. Also, I discovered that my Fork friends, excluding Bella however she aspires to be one, are vampires. I freaked out, and had a tantrum with Carlisle, but when I finally calmed down, thanks to Jasper who has this emotion power, where he manipulates emotions. It’s pretty cool now I think about, but at the time I was furious.

Carlisle and I have sustain a friendly friendship, Paul doesn’t like this. He tells me he doesn’t trust the Cullen’s despite this treaty they have going on between them. I just tell him he’s being ridiculous. Carlisle was a doctor, I doubted it that he would attempt to suck my blood, their vegetarians anyways.

So life was pretty good right now, well as good as it can get. I had caught up with school, just about thanks to Edward’s help. I was about 26 weeks and I felt so fat, despite Paul claiming I was ’gorgeous’ and looked ’sexy’ with a baby bump.

26 weeks and I still had no names for my daughter.
“Put it in the basket then” I tell Seth, being convinced that my daughter definitely needed it. I think that Seth just wants to say that he ’bought’ her something.

“How’s things with Paul?” Seth asks me, as we packed the stuff at the checkout. I smile to myself.

“It’s good, progressing…”I say and Seth smiles widely.
“I’m glad, you deserve someone to support you” Seth says and I smile sadly. Seth notices this and didn’t ask until we were in my car.

“What happened?” Seth asks me and I freeze slightly, I couldn’t tell him, not yet.
I wasn’t ready.

“Nothing” I mumble and turned on the radio, hoping he would get the message. As Seth took me to Emily’s, where everyone was meeting for dinner. My phone bleeped, a text message.

I need to see you.
I miss you.
Number: Unknown.


I looked at it, completely confused. It wasn’t someone I know…
“Hey babe” Paul says suddenly and hugs me from behind, I quickly close the phone and shove it in my pocket. “Hey” I say, turning around and hugging Paul properly. He kisses my head and I smile, feeling content again.
It was a wrong number, simply mistake.

--

Days moved on, and it was another day where Paul and I were hanging out at my place, when Paul mentioned about naming my little girl.

“Have you got any ideas?” he asks me softly. I was sitting on the couch, facing him and Paul was facing me, my legs settled nicely on his.

“No, not really. I can’t think of anything nice. I want a cool name, nothing boring” I say and Paul sits up slightly.
“Annabelle, Anna, Beth, Betty, Cathy, Carly, Danielle, Della, Ellie, Eva-” Paul started to list as many names as he could and I burst into giggles over it.

“I get it, I get it. I just can’t decide.” I sigh heavily and Paul grins and gets up, and walks into the kitchen, coming back with two soda cans.
“It is a big decision” he says and I nod, sipping my soda generously.
“Paul, what are we?” I suddenly ask him, curiosity burning with me. I wanted to know what he felt for me, so I could be sure.

“What you mean?” he asks carefully, putting the soda on the side table.

“Like, what are we to each other?” I ask gently. Paul didn’t show any emotion for a second, then gave me a playful smile which gave some relief.
“We’re whatever you want us to be. I love you no matter what” he says, I sat up and onto my knees and crawled slightly over to, I needed to be close to him. I cuddled against him, my head lying on his chest.

“Are we official?” I ask nervously, dreading if I was now rejected. Paul kissed my hair and I felt calm.

“Casey Woodrow. Will you be my girlfriend?” he asks me, I sit up, surprised and turn to face him.

“Really?” I ask shocked, not knowing if I just pressured him into it.
“I’ve wanted to ask you that since I first met you.” he says and I honestly believed him. I reached over, kissing him quickly on the lips.

“Then yes Paul, I will.” I murmur as he kisses me again. It was hard to feel passionate when I felt so low about myself, sure I was happy but my appearance had really put me down. Not that any one knows this.

“You make me so happy Casey” Paul says, I was lying against him now, my legs entwined with his jean covered ones.

“Don’t leave me Paul. I can’t risk my heart again” I whisper and before Paul could question me, the phone rang again.

“Damn it” I say, annoyed and slowly get up before Paul insisted I rest. I picked up my phone and answered.

“Hello” I say politely.
“Hi Casey, it’s Alice!” the high pitched voice rang and my annoyance vanished completely.
“Hi Alice, what’s up?” I say, glancing back at Paul, who was lying casually on the couch, staring back at me. I completely zoned out as I stared at him, he was beautiful.
“CASEY!” Alice yelps and I jump, my heart suddenly racing.
“Sorry, say again?” I say, blushing as Paul smirks at me knowing he was the reason for me being so distracted.

“I said, do you want to go shopping with Bella, Rose and I?” Alice says hopefully.
“What now?” I ask, looking at the time. It was only 2pm, but it seemed tiring to have to get dressed.
“You never listen! Yes now. I can pick you up.” I bit my lip, I did want to go shopping but I didn’t want to leave Paul.
“Um…” I say and Paul got up and sauntered over to me, he took the phone off me.
“Hi Alice, yeah…she’s coming. Give her half an hour” Paul says and hangs up. I giggle as he kisses my neck and collarbone, murmuring sweet words.

“I have to go get ready then” I say, pulling away.
Paul smirks “Need any help?” he teases and I roll my eyes and slap his arm lightly, I go upstairs and pull on some decent clothes.

When she came back down, Paul was watching TV and eating food.
“Help yourself” I mutter and Paul grunts in response as he had food in his mouth. I pick up my house keys and purse and kiss Paul’s head.

“You going to be here when I get back?” I ask hopefully. Paul looks at me.
“You don’t even need to ask. Be back before 5 or I’m coming to get you” he teases and I grin, loving that he was so protective of me.

“Good, I don’t think I can cope with any longer. She’s really kicking me today” I say tiredly, as I stroke my big stomach.

“Maybe you shouldn’t go….” Paul trails off worriedly.
“Tough, I’m going. Don’t be too messy.” I order and Paul smirks and stands up. I hear a car horn beep outside and I know it’s Alice.

“Okay, see you later” I say and Paul quickly takes me into a hug and kisses me softly.
“Be safe. Call me if you need anything” Paul says gently. I nod and kiss him again.
“Love you” I tell him, Paul smiles widely as if he won the lottery.
“Love you too, now go before I change my mind” he teases and I grin, I peck his cheek and quickly leave, knowing he was serious.
I got into Alice’s extremely nice car, in the back with Rosalie and she ever so kindly said as soon as I got in.

“You stink of wet dog.” she states and I giggle at her words.
“I’ve been with Paul” I state and Rose scrunches up her nose in distaste whereas Bella gave a knowing look.

“So, speaking of Paul….” Alice winks and I chuckle.

“How do you know?” I ask, already knowing her answer

“I had a vision! He asked you out and you said yes!” she cheers and Bell grins at me.
“Congrats Casey” she comments whereas Rose merely smiled.
“I still think he’s a dog” she says after a moments of awkward silence, this sent us all into a fit of giggles. Soon we arrived at Port Angeles and we shopped until we dropped, literally.

I got home, to find Paul had invited Jared and Jake over and they were playing video games. I walked in to find them shouting at the screen, stupid boys.

“I’m home” I sing and Paul immediately stops playing, much to boys displeasure.
“Babe! What you get?” Paul asks excitedly and it warmed my heart.

“Baby girl, now has some summer dresses, a new car seat and some pacifiers” I say proudly and Paul grins.

“I’m buying the crib by the way” he tells me and I stare at him shocked.

“No your not!” I say defiantly.

“Too late, we went out and brought it while you were out.” Jared tells me without taking his eyes off the screen, and they say boys can’t multi-task.

“You serious?” I ask, stunned.

“It’s in the spare room….well the ‘nursery’, go look” Jake says, who stops playing, this annoys Jared further.

If I could run, I would into the room but I couldn’t, so I waddled. I opened the door and gasped, not only had they brought me a gorgeous baby crib, they had decorated the whole entire room into a baby’s room which Paul and I planned on doing next week.

“Oh my god!” I squeak, covering my mouth, completely speechless.
“You like it?” Paul asks me hopefully. I nod, feeling the tears, a thing I hated about pregnancy was I cried all the time over little things.

“This is amazing!” I say, taking in the pale pink rooms with stencilling of BABY GIRL on the featured wall, shelves were put up, a changing area, a crib with blankets and toys which I had brought before hand. It was amazing, and it even had a cute rocking chair for me to sit in.

“I love it!” I squeal, happily. I hugged them all and kissed Paul’s cheek.

“Thank you so much, this is incredible” I say, looking around the room once more. Paul smiles, pleased with himself.

“I’m glad, you deserve it” Paul says and I hug his torso tightly, shocked that I deserved him.
“I have to go tell the girls!” I say suddenly and I rush to the phone and call Alice.

“You liked it then?” Alice says and I gasp.

“You knew?” I accuse

“Of course I did darling, I can see the future” Alice says and I laugh lightly.

“It’s amazing! Is that why you called me out?” I ask.

“Yep. I called Paul this morning before he went to yours and told him” Alice says.

“Oh, thank you.” I gush.

“Don’t thank me, I was the distraction” she jokes.

“I don’t care! I’m so happy” I say and Alice giggles.

“Good, now go enjoy it” and I bid her goodbye before hanging up. I noticed Paul was watching me from the door way.

“I‘m so lucky to have you” I tell him seriously and Paul looks at me up and down.

“No Casey. I’m the lucky one” he says and he puts his arms around me before planting a kiss on my lips.

“Jared! Stop shooting me” Jake yells. Paul sighs heavily.

“Way to kill the mood Jake” and I instantly burst into laughter.

I didn’t care what Paul said, I was the lucky one to have all of this.
♠ ♠ ♠
Aww, I was in a mushy mood when writing this.
I hope you enjoy, comments are welcomed :)
Please if you could read some of my other stories, I'd love you forever :D <3