Status: Give It A Try :)

There's Always a Catch

F O U R T E E N

The weeks passed, until I was finally 30 weeks. I was so close, I could even give birth now. I was no longer at school, but I took some online classes and I should be able to graduate, if not. Then that’s my own problem.

Not much had changed, I was huge now and I hated how I looked, my stomach didn’t fit anything anymore, even Paul’s shirts. It was fair to say, that it was depressing. I had told Paul last week that if he wanted, he come with me into the delivery room. He accepted with much glee.

My friendships were going strong with everyone and the weird calls and text messages have stopped, but I should have known something was up.

It was another boring day and even though Paul was worried about me driving around by myself, I really needed some peaches and custard, so I had to go to the grocery store. When I came back, I found a note on my door.

I’ll be back later for you.
It wasn’t from Paul, first off Paul wouldn’t have left a note, he would have stayed here and secondly, if he did leave a note he would have put from Paul with kisses or something. This wasn’t right. Something was up.

I warily opened the front door and crept inside, checking every room before I settled down for my craving foods. The phone rang and it made me yelp slightly, I was so freaked out by this stage I wasn’t sure if I should answer the phone, but I did anyways.
“Hello?” I say, and my voice sounded shaky.
“Babe, it’s me” and I almost sighed with relief as Paul said those words.
“Oh, Hey” I say, sounding worried. Damn.
“What’s wrong?” Paul picked up on my tone and mentally debated whether or not I should tell him of the weird stuff that has been happening, but I knew he would flip his lid and hunt down the person doing it and most resulting in murdering them. So I decided not to.

“Nothing, just…watching a scary film” I say, feeling bad I was lying.
“You hate scary films. Why you watching them alone?” Paul says, sounding suspicious.

“Just…fancied watching one” I say, hoping it was convincing enough. I heard voices in the background, sounding like Seth telling Paul to invite me round.
“Want me to come pick you up?” I thought about, and I realize it would be best.
“Okay” I say and after saying a quick goodbye, I hang up.

Just as I was getting my stuff together, the doorbell rang. Paul couldn’t have got here that quickly. It was impossible. I stood in front of the door, thinking of what I should do.

The bell rung again, and then they knocked.

My heart was racing, my palms getting sweaty with nerves and my stomach tightened almost. “It’s okay baby, Mommy’s here” I whisper, as I feel like my daughter was scared.

I double locked the door and put the chain on. I quickly stepped away, backing into the kitchen.

They knocked again and I could feel the tears coming and the worst possible scenarios running around in my head. I was going to die, I was going to be murdered. My beautiful baby girl wasn’t going to be born. I was sobbing at this stage.

“Go away!” I sob, and I lean against the counter, slowly lowing myself the floor, breathing deeply.

They knocked again, the bell ringing.

“Casey, open the door.” a voice sounding vaguely familiar but the nerves clouded my mind. This person was going to kill me, I knew it.

“GO AWAY!” I scream, sobbing.
The phone rang and I could feel myself becoming dizzy, my breathing got shallower, the fear was too much, I felt like I was going to pass out.
“Please” I beg, as the tears dripped down my face.
The door then began to thump. “Who the hell are you?” the familiar voice of Paul sounded. I couldn’t hear the reply, as by then. I blacked out.

----
I awoke to the disturbing scent of the hospital. It smelled of disinfectant and strong flowers attempting to cover it. I was lying down and my senses were clouded, my head was fuzzy.

The irritating sound of the bleeping as my heart thumped carefully. When I finally feel myself coming round, I slowly open my eyes to find five people in my room.
Paul, Jacob, Seth, Bella, Edward and Alice.

“She’s awake” Alice announces as I blink, feeling groggy. Bella gives me a soft smile and I feel a warm hand take my own, it was Paul.

“Hey baby” he whispers, sounding tired and emotional.
“Paul” I croak, and I feel him kiss my head, sending warmth through me. I hear voices as Carlisle walked in.
“Casey, good to see you’re awake. You had a panic attack and blacked out” he informs me, I nod slowly.

“Why didn’t you call me?” Paul says worriedly. I couldn’t reply, as I had no answer.
“Someone’s been calling you and sending you messages haven’t they?” Edward voices and Paul looked at me, shocked.

“What?” he says, sounding annoyed.
“It was nothing, just some prankster” I insist but it was too late.
“You didn’t think to tell me this!” Paul says, getting angry.
“Calm down bro” Seth soothes.
“Was it a guy? There was someone standing outside the house when we got there” Jake tells me and I began to shake nervously.

“He wouldn’t go away” I say, my voice raspy.
“Who is he?” Paul asks me. I shake my head “I don’t know” I sob, having no idea who it could actually be.

“It’s time for her to rest, everyone should leave” Carlisle says, noticing my distress. With much grudge, Paul left but he was the last one to leave. Everyone wished me well and I thanked them. Paul promised he back as soon as he could.

Within minutes after they left, I fell asleep again.

---
“Casey.” a voice says, shaking me gently.

“Casey, wake up!” the voice says urgently. I grumble, wanting to stay asleep.

“Casey, open your eyes…” the voice says and slowly I do, and I gasp as I look back into the green eyes that haunted me for the past 30 weeks.

“No” I whisper faintly, and I see him smile, that beautiful smile that made me fall in love with him. It was him.

“Hey beautiful” he says, and I wished I could have blacked out again, but God wasn’t that kind.
♠ ♠ ♠
cliff hanger...ahaa :)
Don't worry, next chapter out shortly!
Comments? :)