Status: Give It A Try :)

There's Always a Catch

S E V E N T E E N

Thirty Four Weeks.
That’s how far along I am now, I’m huge and I’m hoping the next 6 weeks of my life hurries the hell up.

“What about Madison? Or Anna? Or maybe she’s a flower, like Daisy or Lilly…UGH! Paul!” I say, I was mostly talking to myself.

Paul, being the nice boyfriend he is, was cooking me pancakes. Mm, pancakes.
Alex had been persistent and continued to annoy me, and also annoying Paul as he sent flowers, chocolate, baby stuff. In the end, I called Charlie.

I was getting restless and I seemed to ache everywhere, I wanted my daughter here now, more or less for my own selfish reasoning.

“All those names sound great.” Paul tells me and I glare at him for being so nice to me. “That’s not what I wanted to hear…why is this so hard?” I demand, almost lunging at him for my plate of freshly made pancakes. Paul chuckles.

“Because you’re thinking about it too much. When a name comes to you, it will come. Now eat up before it gets cold” Paul insists and I couldn’t argue, as I was hungry.
“What should I do about Alex?” I ask and I noticed Paul concentrating on to keep his face calm, he loathed Alex more and more each day, much to Alex’s amusement.

“Well, you going to let him near the baby?” Paul asks me and I look at him as if he was joking.

“Course not. He abandoned me.” I say and Paul almost looks relieved but tries not to show it.

“Good. Then there’s nothing to do…if he tries to take her, we’ll let the courts decide” he says and I smile, feeling lucky to have him.

“What about Amy?” I ask, suddenly and Paul smiles.
“I like Amy. I like Lucy too. I like any name you give her.” he tells me, and I feel my stomach kick again.

“God, it feels like she hates me. She’s like a football player. Keep it down girly” I say, half talking to my stomach. Paul smiles sweetly at me.
“Hey, I was thinking…seeing as you’ll be giving birth soon and won’t have much time spare. Me and you should do something” Paul says.
“Like what?” I ask, confused looking at my current condition.

Paul gets up and brushes his pants, and takes the empty plates, when he comes back he looks mischievous.

“Be ready for 7. I’ll swing by and pick you up” he says an before I could protest, Paul was out my door. I huffed and continued to watch TV before beginning to get ready.

I didn’t know what to wear, as nothing truly fit me anymore and I felt ugly in them anyways but for Paul, I would try. I ended up wearing a dress, that flattered my bump ever so slightly, but it was the best I could get.

I did my hair and makeup and my confidence increased, when I saw Paul as I opened the door. He was about to knock.

“Hey beautiful, you ready?” he asks and I couldn’t help but grin, my heart fluttering wildly.
Paul whisked me off to a place, and I must say I was slightly disappointed when we ended up at First Beach, it was almost half seven and we were at the beach.

“Um…Paul. No offence, I love you and all but why we at the beach?” I ask confused. Paul looks down at me and carefully wraps his arm around me, keeping me warm.

“Just trust me” he whispers in my ear, and without a thought, I did. I clutched to him, not wanting to be left in the cold. We walked and walked until finally, I wanted to give up.

“Paul, I’m too tired now” I say, wishing that I could keep going but I knew I wouldn’t survive.
“We’re here” he says and he moved out the way slightly, there in front of us on a large sand dune, was a blanket. And on that blanket, was a picnic.

Paul had made me a romantic picnic.

I gasp. “Paul! You did this?” I ask shocked, and Paul looked mighty pleased with himself.

“Emily cooked a majority of the food, but I did the rest” he says honestly, a thing I loved about him was his honesty. As we neared it further, I noticed it had all my favourite foods, fairy lights decorated between the plates, a bottle of non-alcoholic grape wine and a blanket to keep me warm. The scene was beautiful, the crashing of the waves, the smell of the sane. It was perfect and I literally had the best boyfriend.

“I don’t deserve this” I say, as Paul helps me sit down, taking a close seat beside me.
“Course you do, if I could give you world Casey I would because you deserve it” he says so charmingly. I reached over and kissed him slowly.

“I don’t deserve you” I say and Paul shakes his head stubbornly.

“Don’t say that, I have no idea what I’d do without you. You changed me Casey, for so much better. I was a complete jerk before. Now…I feel…so different” Paul says, and I could feel how much those words meant to him.

As Paul began serving I couldn’t help feel, saddened that soon I’d give birth and things would change, Paul would most likely lose interest eventually and I’d be alone and heartbroken. I’d move away and raise my daughter alone and she’d ask me who her father was and I’d have to say it was Alex. Before I could help it, I was crying.

“Hey, Hey…what’s wrong baby?” Paul says, leaning over and side hugging me.

“I wish you were my daughter’s father” I sob and Paul hugged me tighter and it felt like he wished it too.

“I wish I never met Alex, I wish I met you first. Why didn’t I meet you first?” I sob, unable to control myself. I felt so disappointed with myself.

“It’s okay. It’s okay. I’m always going to be with you Casey. I’ll be a good as father I can be” Paul tries to reassure me.

“But you can’t! You shouldn’t have to, you’re only young…and yet you’re ruining everything for me. I messed it all up” I say.

Paul pulled away and made me look at him, his gorgeous brown eyes staring at me, with adoration in his eyes, I found it hard to believe it was for me.

“Listen to me. Casey. I love you, I have ever since I met you and I always will, nothing will ever change that. I promise I’ll protect you, I’ll love you each and every day and I’ll raise your daughter as if it was my own. You made my life worth living and without you Casey I’d be nothing. You and your daughter are my everything now and nobody, and I mean nobody. Not even Alex is going to take you away from me. You got to believe me Casey. I mean it” he said so passionately, so sternly I had to believe him, I had to believe it was possible for me to feel this amount of love for a man that I met in such little time.

“Why you so perfect?” I whisper. Paul’s smile told it all and before I know it, our lips are together and I find myself wanting more.

I couldn’t even begin to describe how perfect the rest of the night was, you wouldn’t believe me, you wouldn’t believe that two humans well one human and one wolf shape shifter could be so happy.

I just know, that now. My life will be complete when my daughter is born, then I can start living my life with Paul, just like he said.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's short, apologies.
I found this difficult to write because I had minor writer's block but I didn't want to keep you waiting so thats my excuse for it being crap. This chapter is basically a filler until she can have her baby and whatnot. Any ideas for me?
I'd really appreciate it! <3

Thanks for reading by the way :)