Status: Give It A Try :)

There's Always a Catch

T W O

I am officially three months pregnant. That’s 12 weeks….12 whole weeks. I’m telling you, that being pregnant is not a pleasant journey. The tiredness, the weight gain, the morning sickness. It was awful.

There is a father to my baby, but he’s not part of this nor will he ever be. He’s part of that past, which I don’t wish to mention.

I did blame him in a way, although it does take two to tango. However, he’s the one with the sperm so I still blame him.

The journey was finally over as I arrived at my new residency, it was a tiny house, only one story but it was cheap and that’s all I cared for. I didn’t care if it didn’t have real furniture, or nice wall paper. I had little money, and this is all I could afford.

I had enrolled myself in high school, funny enough. I should be able to take my finals before I have to take time off. So hopefully, I should graduate. But I wasn’t counting my blessings.

The house was small, an off-white colour and the grass needed cutting but otherwise it was in good condition, exactly how I needed it to be. I pulled up, I had managed to buy a scrappy old car, a year ago when I first passed my test. It was an old, rusty truck but it got me to where I needed to be and that was good enough.

I jumped out, and soon began to unpack and make myself at home. Although this place was in good condition it needed a good clean out. So for the remainder of the day, I cleaned. It was a somewhat comfort to me.

I then went to the grocery store, and got the essentials and when I returned I found a police car, pulled up at my house. I immediately panicked.

“Um…hi?” I say worriedly, as I walked towards the man standing in uniform beside my door.

“Hello Miss, I’m Charlie Swan, Chief Officer of Forks” he introduces warmly. I would have shaken his hand, had I not got two overloading bags in my hands. The man smiled awkwardly, a bushy black moustache living under his nose. He was pale, with kind brown eyes.

“Is there something wrong Officer?” I ask worriedly, smiling gently

“No problem Miss, just welcoming you to Forks” he reassures me, and I relax instantly. I unlocked the front door with struggle, almost dropping my bags. Chief Swan however, caught the bag in time.

“Thanks”

“No problem Miss-”

“Call me Casey, Chief Swan”

“Charlie to you Casey” he says and I smile, touched that he bothered to come and introduce himself.

“Would you like to come in?” I ask, then thought second it. This was a grown man here, but then again he looked genuine and I doubt he was a murderer or rapist.

“I’ll help you with your bags” Charlie says and takes the second bag off me. I quickly turn around and open the door fully, letting Charlie follow me in.

“Just dump them in the kitchen, I haven’t got properly organized yet. So I apologize for the mess!” I call, as he carried on into the house.

“No worries Casey” Charlie calls back. I put my keys down and go into the kitchen, where Charlie was.
Charlie’s eyes instantly went to my stomach and I suddenly felt ashamed of myself.

“So, um would you like a drink?” I cough awkwardly, trying to get the look of shock off his face.

“Um…N-n-no thank you” Charlie stutters nervously.

“Well thank you for coming to introduce yourself, I don’t really know anyone here” I say honestly.

“It’s okay, it wasn’t a problem. Are you here alone Casey?” Charlie asks, the curiosity strong in his voice.

“Yes.” I say simply and attempt to busy myself.

“Oh, and how old are you?” Charlie asks.

“17, but I’m eighteen very soon. I got notices off the Social Workers if there’s a problem. I’ve been allowed to live alone by the courts” I reassure him. Charlie nodded but I don’t think that’s what he was intending for me to reply.

“Are you enrolling in the high school by any chance?” Charlie asks hopefully. I nod firmly, giving a polite smile.

“I am, hoping to make some new friends” I say falsely.

“I have a daughter your age, she goes to Forks. She could car pool you if you want…”

“It’s fine Charlie, but I’ll be happy to meet-” I trail off, letting him finish for me.

“Bella, her name’s Bella” he says fondly and I could tell that he loved his daughter very much, it made me jealous almost.

“I’ll be looking forward to meeting this Bella of yours” I say lightly and Charlie smiles happily.

“I best be off, people to save, criminals to run that sort of thing” he jokes and I laugh genuinely.

“Have fun Chief” I say, as we walked to the door. I opened the door and let him out. Charlie nods at me, as if to say goodbye. He travelled down the steps and I called to him.

“Charlie!” I shout, and he stops and turns round.

“Yes Casey?” he asks

“Could you not say anything about…well this..” I say, placing a hand over my stomach as I said it.

“Mum’s the word Casey” he vows and I smile, feeling calmer.

“Bye!” I shout and he gives me a wave and gets in his car and leaves.

I closed the door and sighed with relief, I had met the first person and probably the most important one to speak to. He now knew it, that the pregnant girl had moved here.

I knew that Charlie wouldn’t say anything, but as soon as I pulled up to that High School tomorrow morning, my life will turn to hell.

I may have stopped Charlie from blabbing, but I wouldn’t be able to take on a whole high school.

It was impossible.
♠ ♠ ♠
PLEASE COMMENT :)
Next chapter...I could squeeze in before the end of the night :) <3
thanks for reading..