Status: Give It A Try :)

There's Always a Catch

E P I L O G U E

12 months later.

“Happy Birthday to Ruby, Happy Birthday to you!” everyone sang, the candles alit on the homemade chocolate cake, that I had slaved over for the past two hours. Paul taking another picture as Ruby giggles, clapping her hands together.

“She’s so adorable!” Seth comments and I grin proudly. Her hair had thickened out dramatically, it was dark and luscious curls. Her dark green eyes hadn’t changed, her rosy red cheeks. She was adorable.

Ruby could walk now, well she could take a few steps but she often needed Paul beside her. Ruby had grown very attached, she had a special bond with Paul which I knew couldn’t break so easily. She was more active and made more word-like sounds. She hadn’t quite grasped the talking thing yet, but she was definitely getting there. She was well developed for her age. I was so proud of her.
“Happy Birthday, my little gem” I say happily, holding her close to me, and kissing her head. The flash went off again and I knew Paul had captured the moment. I leaned forward with Ruby and held her tighter, as we blew, well I mostly blew out the candles. Everyone cheers, clapping their hands and singing again.
Ruby grins, although she didn’t understand why. Everyone had gone all and out, with presents and decoration but it was her first birthday, she deserved it all. Ruby had been given toys, clothes, money (for her future) and a family. Everyone was together, excluding the Cullen’s, who unfortunately won’t be able to get along with the wolves. I understood, it was their rights after all.

“Casey, let me have her” Paul says, taking her off me and kissing her cheek multiple times.
“Who’s a gorgeous girl? You are Ruby, yes you are!” he coos, tickling her under the chin, causing her to laugh hysterically. I noticed the guys smiling at him, Paul was much calmer now, he had gained so much patient simply because he had too.

“Okay, enough hogging, hand my beautiful niece over!” demands Leah, although we weren’t sisters. All the boys and Leah, Emily were referred to as Uncles and Aunt’s, because in honesty. They were true family. In my opinion, it didn’t matter about blood.
Leah swept Ruby out of his arms and I noticed Paul looked slightly disappointed, but I gave him a big kiss to make up for it, making Quil, maturely as ever to make a long wolf whistle noise. Paul, who had no patience for Quil, raced after him, threatening death.

“It doesn’t feel a year” I say, and everyone grins and nods in agreement.

“It feels like a day” I add and I feel Paul come up behind me, hugging me from behind.

“Everyday feels perfect” he whispers, and I smile wider, I was the luckiest girl to have him. I had to be.

“Who’s up for cake?” I announce and Seth, Jared and Embry all bound at once, to cut it. Sam chuckles and follows them into the kitchen, to make sure they hadn’t hurt themselves. Sam and Emily had got married by the way, yeah. Last month, Ruby was a little bridesmaid, and me as well. Paul keeps hinting it would be us soon and I get excited every time he mentions it. I sighed, filled with contentment as I watched the boys shovel cake in their mouths, Leah cuddling Ruby, Sam and Emily staring at each other lovingly and Bella texting Edward to reassure him that she hadn’t been attacked. Life was good.

I could tell you about it all about what happened since Ruby had been born, I could describe everything. I could tell you every detail of every day. But that would be wasting your time. Days had flew, weeks past, months faded and eventually it rounded up to a year. Till now.
I had graduated, Paul and Ruby were stood in the crowds, Paul moved Ruby’s arm to appear as waving. Every single girl was stunned that I had Paul as my boyfriend, they kept asking him if he knew I had a kid.
After I graduated and I knew I had sacrificed college a long time ago, I had no savings left and with Ruby, further education was unmanageable. Paul did his patrol every day and returned to our home everyday, he had officially moved in. I was intending to get a job soon to support Ruby and Paul, although Paul claims he should be the on getting the job, but I know he won’t be able to handle it. I raise Ruby, watching her develop and experience new things. Paul and I had conducted a “Baby First’s Book” and took pictures of everything. I swore, I’d never miss any part of her life.

What can I say about Paul? He hasn’t changed, he’s still beautiful, he’s still charming, sweet, adorable and everything I have ever wanted. He’s perfect, for me and Ruby. Paul says that one day we’ll get married, I know what my answer is already. Paul does too, but likes to think he doesn’t. Ruby is 1 years old now, and she’s crawling around and eager to do anything. Paul has become her father, he does everything that Alex should have done, only better. I know when Ruby’s older, she’ll ask who her father is. I’ll say it’s Alex, even though Paul is her father role, I know she’ll accept him.

I dream of becoming a teaching assistant, to help special needs or maybe someone who just helps out in a nursery. I want to do something with children, because I now have the experience.

Everyday I ask myself what would happen if I didn’t have Ruby. Where would I be?
Right now? I’d be living with Alex, just like we had planned, arranging our summer and wondering what party we were going to that night. I would be in love, with the wrong guy. I wouldn’t have a beautiful, wonderful daughter who although was an accident, she was the best damn accident I’ve ever had.

I may be young, I may be stupid but I don’t want to change it anymore, I have Paul who is my everything, along with Ruby obviously. I love him more then anything, I really can’t express it. I sometimes think if Paul hadn’t imprinted on me, would he love me? Paul and everyone else seems to think that he would.

One day, I’ll look back and tell Ruby of how she was born, I’ll tell her everything. She won’t understand why I did it, or how I did it. But I did it. I became a Mom, I fell in love and I risked it all.

It’s just lucky, I had people to catch me now. I had friends, family and loved ones that helped me through anything and everything. I was a lucky girl, living a rather unusual, not quite that simple, dream.

Well, until next time.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, it seems this story is to the end.
I'm very sorry if you wanted it to be longer, if you want me to continue it or a sequel or something. Let me know, I'll try and think of something.
I hope this meets standards and I just want to say a HUGE THANK YOU to every single one of who commented and supported me. I had reached 10 stars and loads of readers and subscribers. I love you all I really do :) <3

Please comment, and let me know anything! :D