Status: Give It A Try :)

There's Always a Catch

S E V E N

Jake told Bella what happened, Bella told Edward and Edward told Carlisle, who called me and said I should come see him as soon as possible. What a mouthful. I’ve never been to the Cullen’s place before, so I was nervous and excited.

Paul however, who I’ve been talking to the past hour, getting to know one another was now best pleased that I was going to see Carlisle, he even growled like an animal would.
I asked if he was okay and he said, lamely, that he had tickle in his throat. I asked Leah what he really meant and she merely shrugged and changed the subject. Much to Paul’s protest, Jake offered to drive me there. In the end, Paul came with us.

When we got to the Cullen’s house, I couldn’t believe my eyes as we saw the beautiful house, with the glass walls and magnificent design. Paul nudged me to get me out the car and then insisted on helping me out of the truck when I was perfectly fine getting out myself…I was pregnant not crippled.

Jake had a look of distaste on his face as we stood in front of the door way, before I could query as why. I didn’t smell anything bad…
The door opened and a very overly excited Alice appeared, grinning ear to ear and giggled, it sounded like high pitched bells.

“Casey!” she squeals and pulls me into a big hug, Paul made a funny noise and I was curious again. I know we just met and I’m glad he liked me but this was going over the top now.
“Is she here? Alice, don’t hog her!” I heard Rosalie’s charming voice call and soon I was put in her arms.

“Who let the dogs in?” Rosalie says suddenly, glaring at Jake and Paul who unsurprisingly glared back. Alice frowned “Rose” she chides and Rose smiled weakly at me.

“Come in, Carlisle is waiting for you in his office. Why didn’t you tell me you were still having morning sickness honey?” Rosalie says soothingly and I immediately felt bad for not telling her previously.

“Didn’t come up?” I ask weakly and Rosalie makes a disapproving sound but still had a cold, but in a sense warm, arm around me.
“Ah, Casey. You’ve arrived” the soft, cool voice of Jasper was told and I turned around and smiled happily.

“Hi Jazz” I say and he smiles at the mention of his nickname I so cleverly used. Edward appeared, then Bella and finally Esme, their adoptive mother. She hugged me as soon as she saw me and I knew I liked her.
“Welcome to our home Casey, Carlisle is waiting for you” she says in a motherly tone, I felt so loved.

“I’ll go see him then. Can Jake and Paul just wait around here. I feel rude that I brought people and…” I trail off and Edward looks at me, then at Paul and back to me.
“They’ll be fine. Off you go Casey” he urges and I nod and give a quick smile to Jacob and Paul, who looked nervous.

I went to Carlisle’s office, with little difficulties and knocked politely. He called for me to come in and I felt comforted as I met his golden eyes.

“Hello Casey, nice to see you again under the circumstances” Carlisle says, giving me a kind-hearted smile. I nod “You too Carlisle” I say, genuinely pleased to see him.

“What seems to be the issue then Casey?” Carlisle, I sigh and take a seat in front of him.

“Um, I’ve been sick a lot lately…like more then I first got pregnant. Is this, normal?” I ask nervously, fiddling with my hands. Carlisle looks at me calmly, not giving much away.

“It can be, you’re unfortunately one of the unlucky women who’s sickness drags on. Let me just check your stomach, and then I’ll run some quick blood tests” Carlisle says, I almost sigh with relief as he assures me that everything is okay. So we did the tests and Carlisle took some blood. He assured me, he could check it while I was still here.

I went and sat with the everyone in the living room, Emmett and Jasper were watching a game, whereas Jake and Paul were still standing and looking extremely uncomfortable.

“You okay?” I ask Paul quietly, when I thought no one was looking. He looked at me gently, those stunning brown eyes that I wanted to stare into for a long time.

“Yeah, what about you?” Paul asks, as if his being didn’t matter. This annoyed me.
“Yeah, just hanging in there…” I murmur and I feel a warm, strong arm wrap around my shoulder and I automatically lean in.

2 hours later, and after watching TV, and everyone seem to be civil. Carlisle appeared and Paul and I immediately jumped up.

“What is it?” I ask, seeing Carlisle’s concerned face.
“You have Hyperemesis gravidarumm syndrome, where you suffer excess vomiting during pregnancy. It isn’t severe but it can be bothersome.” Carlisle says and I tense slightly.

“But, the baby’s fine right? It won’t hurt it right?” I ask worriedly, feeling sick suddenly.

Jasper looked at me, and I felt calm.
“No, everything will be fine. I can prescribe some anti-sickness drugs for you to help you, and I suggest drinking plenty of water to keep hydrated” Carlisle says and I nod.

I now noticed, Paul had his arm around me.
As we soon left, with the prescribed pills. I thanked Carlisle and everyone for letting me hang there. We drove back to La Push, Emily invited me to dinner.
When we got back, everyone fussed over me and it got rather cramped. So in the end, I asked Emily if I could go take a walk on the beach. Paul offered to accompany me.

So here we were, walking along the shore listening to the waves as the feel of sand sinking under my toes. I could still them…just.

“What you thinking?” Paul asks me and I look up surprised, we hadn’t spoke in the last 10 minutes. Not wanting to break the peace.

“How much my life is going to change once this is all over” I blurt out and I see Paul look saddened.
“Where’s your boyfriend then?” Paul asks, almost sounding in pain. I sigh heavily, feeling even more depressed.
“He’s not around for me anymore. He’s living his life.” I say, wanting to cry.
“But what you and the baby. Does he know?” Paul asks gently. I could feel the tears but quickly wiped them away.

“Yeah I told him. He’s not interested. He’s 17, he doesn’t want a kid in his life” I say, feeling hurt again.
“But Casey, you’re 17 too. You can’t do this alone” Paul insists, we had stopped walking. I stopped, and faced him. He was wearing a shirt now, but I didn’t care. He was beautiful. He truly was.
“I have to Paul. I’m alone and I always will be.” I say so firmly, that I convinced myself that I would be alone forever. Soon, it’ll be my kid and I and I have to be prepared.

I can’t fall in love.

I can’t face that pain again.
♠ ♠ ♠
this is a boring chapter, so sorry about that.
next chapter will have a time gap because if I carry on doing week by week, you'll be bored to death and I'll never finish this.
So, next week will be a time gap.
Things will get interesting as Casey's past will be revealed about her past. Thanks for all who commented, keep going the motivation is brilliant! :D <3