Status: Active! Comments, please and thank you! :)

Merry Christmas, I Could Care Less

008.

I don't know why it woke me up. I was usually a proper heavy sleeper. But for some reason, the sounds of a girl giggling early in the morning in our flat alarmed me so that I jolted awake. And once I was awake, I was determined to find out who the sounds were coming from.

I stumbled out of bed, readjusting the navy shorts I had worn to sleep and rubbing the sleep from my eyes. Quietly, I pressed my ear to my door and listened outside in the hall, where I thought the sounds were coming from. I felt proper creepy, but I was also extremely curious.

"When's 'e usually wake?" the female voice asked. I smirked. Someone in this flat had gotten some last night, and the female I heard outside did not sound like Oli's bird so I was almost sure it had to be Tommy's.

This would be good.

"Not fer awhile, yeh fine," Tom answered the bird, the confirming my suspicions.

I couldn't stand it any longer. I swung the door open and lazily strolled out into the hallway and into the bathroom across the way, taking a piss before stumbling back into the hall where Tommy and his lass were now standing.

It took me a few minutes to realize who it was. "Quinn?" My voice came out confused and slightly high-pitched. "Wha' in bloody 'ell are yeh doin' 'ere?" I asked, still confused. My previous assumptions that Tommy had gotten some last night flew out the window. He couldn't have, could he?

The blush that colored Quinn's cheeks confirmed my suspicions. Surely this was the pot calling the kettle black.

"None of yeh bloody business," she hissed before grabbing Tom's hand and stomping off down the hallway towards the front door. I stayed in my spot until Quinn left and Tommy was back, trying to go back to his room. I wouldn't let him.

"Sod off, Matt. Let me go back ta sleep, alrigh'?"

I shook my head violently. "Yeh and Quinn now, aye? 'ow'd tha' 'appen?"

He shrugged. "At the party the otha nigh', the day afta we got back from tour, she was eyein' me all nigh'. So I asked her out."

I eyed him suspiciously. "I don' like 'er, Tommy. She can be a propa bitch."

"Sorta the pot callin' the kettle black, ain't it?"

"Wha' do yeh mean by tha' exactly?"

He sighed and shook his head. "Forget it. I'm goin' back ta sleep."

Before I could ask him anymore, he brushed by me and went into his room, slamming his door and ending our talk.

Shaking my head, I went into the kitchen and turned the coffee pot on. I listened to it brew slowly and pulled my phone out. Opening a new text, I entered my message and read it over quick.

What are you up to love?

I hit send and set the phone down before getting a mug out and pouring some coffee. Just as I was doing so, I heard footsteps entering the kitchen and turned ony to find Oli, clearly just waking up. "Mornin', " I greeted him, stepping away from the coffee pot so he could get some as well.

My phone buzzed on the counter, startling us both. I picked it up and read the message.

As of now I had a relaxing day at home planned. Do you have any better ideas?

I smirked and typed my response back quickly.

I'll see ya in a bit.

***

"Oh come on Matty," she groaned. "I hate Christmas movies. I hate Christmas, for God's sake. Why must we watch a Christmas movie?"

I grinned. Her obvious hatred for any and all things Christmas amused me. Normally I wouldn't torture her with such holiday cheer, but I was feeling devilish. And plus, after the parties she had put me through recently, I felt as if she owed me.

"Yeh're mean," she pouted, getting off the couch and making her way into the kitchen, where Tom and Oli and some of the other guys from Drop Dead were hashing out some ideas.

"What are yeh guys doin'?" she asked curiously, inspecting the dozens of sketches on the island. I knew because I was shortly following behind her.

"Talkin' abou' some new designs for the summa line," Oli answered, holding up what appeared to be a dress. "Wha' do yeh fhink?"

"I like," she said, nodding her head in approval. "Different than wha' yeh usually 'ave, aye?"

He nodded. "Expandin' the 'orizons a little. We need a few more items than tee-shirts and hoodies, yeh know?"

She nodded. "Don' suppose yeh 'ave any prototypes yet, aye?"

Oli smirked. "Actually, we do 'ave one. Why?"

She returned his devilish grin, and just like that McKinley was being swept into the world of Drop Dead.

It didn't take long for Kinley to be throwin' her input out there, as if she were apart of Drop Dead herself. Oliver brought out some of the rough prototypes he had and McKinley put them on, criticizing the fabric choice or the way a design fell on the female body (usually--and crudely--right across her boobs). I stood by in amazement, watching as she and Oliver and the other guys actually got along for once.

Here was the thing about McKinley. Even though I felt strongly for her and we were always together, it didn't mean that the guys returned the positive strong feelings I had. They tolerated her being around and they tried to be polite, but Kin made that hard. I knew that, and it sucked for all of us, but it didn't change my feelings.

So was it nice to see my friends getting along with her? You better fucking believe it was.

As I leaned against the counter, sipping my bottle of water while I watched McKinley argue with Oli, Tommy came over and stood next to me. He had his camera out and was snapping pictures of the guys, as always. We could always count on Tom to capture the moment.

It was okay until Tommy opened his big bloody mouth.

"Guess someone forgot ta take 'er bitch pills this mornin', aye?"

I glared at him. "Cool it, Tommy. She's not a bitch all the time. Yeh don' know 'er like I do."

He rolled his eyes and brought his camera to his face to snap a picture when Oli and Kin were high-fiving in excitement, something that would have made me laugh if I was so pissed at Tommy.

"The only way I don' know McKinley is tha' I'm not fuckin' 'er on a regular basis."

"Sod off," I grumbled before he returned to the group.

After a little while longer of Kin and Oli celebrating their new ideas, she returned to my side, her arms going around my waist while my own arm wrapped around her shoulder. "Yeh played nice fer a good while, didn' yeh?"

She laughed. "They aren' 'alf bad, really. And I fhink Oli needed my brilliance," she smirked as she looked up at me, her blue eyes sparkling with mischief.

I just returned the smile and kissed her forehead.

"Now can we please go watch a movie in yeh room? I'd like ta not put on a show fer everyone," she whispered quietly into my ear, causing a shiver to travel up my spine.

That was all she needed to say. I laced my fingers in hers and pulled her towards my room, both of us laughing all the way.

I don't know how long we fooled around for, but it was long enough for the rest of the Drop Dead crew to leave and for Oliver to head out with his bird and for Tom to head out as well. I guess Kinley and I really knew how to clear a place out.

We ended up laying on my bed, tangled in sheets and watching some stupid movie, much like we were earlier only now we were naked. Kinley kept absentmindedly tracing her fingers over my tattoos. "I love yeh tattoos, Matty," she murmured.

I smiled. "I know, Kin."

She looked at me and smiled before placing another kiss on my lips. When she pulled back, I had an idea. I opened my mouth before I could stop myself. "I wan' ta take yeh out Kin."

She laughed lightly before she realized I wasn't kidding. "Wha'?"

"Seriously, Kin. I wan' ta take yeh out ta dinna."

"Why?" she asked, genuinely unsure why I would want to take her out.

"Because I wan' ta?"

She scoffed and got out of the bed, throwing her clothes back on before turning to me with her hands on her hips and fire in her eyes. "Why yeh gotta do tha' Matt?"

Now I was the one who was confused. "Do wha' Kin? Be nice ta yeh?"

She rolled her eyes. "Forget it. If yeh really wan' ta take me out then fine."

Now I was angry. I got out of bed and put my boxers back on. "Don' do meh any favors, Kin," I said sarcastically. "If yeh don' wan' ta go out wiff me, fine. Forget it."

She took a few steps closer and put her hand on my arm. "I'm sorry," she purred, rubbing my arm tenderly. "If yeh really wan' ta take me out, yeh can. It just surprised me, alrigh'?"

I smiled, my anger diminishing. "Good. Tanigh'. I'll pick yeh up at seven."
♠ ♠ ♠
:3

This is my gift to you guys. I hope you all have a merry Christmas, happy holidays, whatever you celebrate I hope it's good. :)

We love you all!

Comments please? They make me happy :3 <33333