Status: Hiatus - loss of interest, time and support

Going Down In Flames

A Short Lie

With a displeased moan i rolled over opening my eyes after fidgeting in my bed and around the room woke me from my sleep. I opened my eyes to see Travis just sliding out of the bed. Last night he let me lay my head on his chest in, snuggled our bodies’ closers then they have been in years.

“Why am i always waking you!” he pressed his palm to his forehead.

“Its okay, i need to be up soon regardless” i shrugged “what are you doing anyway?”

“The nurse came in this morning, she said im right to go so i called my dad to come pick me up from the hospital cause im not aloud to drive. I didn’t want to wake you, you looked so peaceful”

“Its the thought that counts anyway” i smiled.

“Hey...” he grabbed his distinctive ogio bag and walked over to me. Placing the bag on the ground beside me, taking a seat back on my bed.

“I know i have only known you for a day, but i was wondering if i could have your number so we could catch up sometime?” he asked sweetly.

My stomach dropped. I felt like telling him the truth, i really did; but i couldn’t. Instead of letting my true words and feelings run free i simply smiled.

“Its okay if you don’t want to ill understand” he said, noticing my hesitation.

“Sorry, i was in my own little world. I would love to hang out sometime soon just give me a call or something” i said, taking his phone from his pocket i entered my number.

“There” i smiled.

“Thanks” his phone beeped “Dad’s here” he stood up and slightly sighed.

“Have a good trip home” i wiggled out of bed sitting on the edge of the bed; my feet dangling of the edge.

“It was really great meeting you, i just wish that you didn’t have to be hurt in hospital for me to meet you” he began to lean in to hug me but hesitated. Noticing this i followed the lead which he had started by wrapping my arms around his neck, his arms reaching around my waist.

“Ill see you soon”

“Not soon enough” with that, he stood up and took his bag walking out of the hospital room; right back out of my life.

I sighed, i hated lying to him, he deserved to know the truth. I grabbed my phone to call him and searched through my contacts, Travis’s familiar name appeared; pressing the green phone button i held the phone to my ear. A part of my wanting desperately for him to answer, the other half wanting to not have to face up to my lie.

“Im sorry, the number you have called has been disconnected. Please check the number and try again” a lady’s recorded voice played.

I hung up and started laughing, that number was the number for the first phone Travis ever got. He was 13 and it was a block to say the least, he hated it but needed it with his busy scheduled to find out stuff when it randomly occurred which was understandable. I felt relief, yet disappointed all i could think about is what would i do if Travis hated me. After all these years, ‘fate’ brang us back together i guess you could say and i had already lied and stuffed something up. I mentally slapped my forehead and brang a pillow into my face with frustration.

Two hours past of me flicking through boring day time television when my brothers familiar face popped into the doorway.

“JIM!” my face lit up with happiness, i knew he was coming but i was still ecstatic to see him.

“Hey lil sis” he wrapped his arms around me “how are you feeling?”

“Bored shitless to tell the truth, but other than that im pretty great” i smiled.

“Well thats good because for the 3 weeks you have off until Denae lets you race again your spending it with me”

“Seriously? What about work and BMX? I don’t want to be a burden to you”

“Ally, your my sister. I’ve changed practically all my plans now anyway so they’re pretty close to home. Anyway, we will be with some of my mates nearly everyday anyway because we all live in one big house; it’s actually pretty great. I know you will have an awesome time like i do every day of my life with them”

“Sounds awesome! But still, you know what im like i hate intruding im perfectly fine to go home and rest up there. Then i can see my Kirby” i grinned, it felt like forever since i had seen my puppy.

“She can come with us if you want, i bet the guys wouldn’t mind. Ill have to check just to make sure but it should be all sweet”

“Im actually looking forward to this, it will be good to do something else then eat, sleep, race, fix car, toilet” i laughed, followed by Jims laugh.

“You ready to go?” he asked, shaking his head at my last statement.

“Am i ever! I’m so bored here!”

“Grab your shit and ill meet you at the front desk, ill get the paper work signed”

“You? Doing Paper work? What is the world coming too?!” I acted really surprised, trust me i was Jim hated paper work. Every time he would have to sign a new contract or something with sponsor he would always get someone else to read it and make sure it wasn’t dodgy.

“Shut up you” he rolled his eyes and left.

~

Pulling up in Jim's car to my apartment a huge grin occurred on my face. I could hear Kirby's wining as she hated being home alone. As i unlocked Denae's and mine apartment door i pulled out my phone and began to type a text.

Hey D, Jim just picked me up. Were going to his friends house for the 3 weeks just in case you didn’t know which i bet you did cause your a sneaky bitch (: If its alright do you mind if i bring Kirby with me? Get back to me asap.

- Ally xo

Jogging inside i picked up Kirby and wrapped her in my arms, her gentle panting and tail wagging intensely made me smile. It actually felt great to come home knowing that someone was their waiting for you, wanting you to be home. I just wished it was a human, not a dog... Travis crossed my mind again, i couldn’t help but wonder what in the world would i do if he called and wanted to hang out? I really had to tell him the truth but i had to wait and see when or if he decided to call me.

Placing Kirby on the ground i headed into my room, hearing the tune of her feet brushing against the wood floors indicating she was following me. I grabbed a few bags and packed all sorts of clothes, i actually had no idea what we would be doing over the next 3 weeks so i couldn’t pack for anything in particular.

Glancing at my reflection in the mirror i was still i clothes that i had no idea how long i had been in them for. Quickly i jumped in the shower bringing along some fresh, clean clothes with me.

I wore: http://www.polyvore.com/ally/set?id=25664289

Bringing half my wardrobe with me, i lugged my bags back down to Jim's car; throwing them in his arms as he got off the phone.

"Who was that?" i asked.

"Ah... my mates" Jim hesitated "they said its fine for you to bring Kirby along"

"Okay, cool" i noted Jim's hesitation, what was on his mind?

Feeling my phones vibration in my pocket i pulled it out seeing Denae's name on it; indicating i had a message from her.

How did you know, im pretty sly right (: anyway it will give you some time to have some fun. Your always GO! GO! GO! so just relax and have some fun okay? But don’t hurt yourself, take it easy remember just in case you have forgot you have just came out of a coma. Take Kirby with you, i wont be home a lot these next few days anyway so it will be good for her to get out and mix with some new people. Have fun!

- Denae xo

"Ill just go get Kirby and her stuff" i smiled and turned on my heels and went back inside.

I grabbed all of Kirby stuff, including her food, bed, toys - she was pretty spoilt. Putting her on her lead with her pulling on it with excitement i locked the apartment door and headed out to Jim. I dropped the lead as Kirby ran into Jim's arms.

"Hey Kirby" he patted her dark fur "miss me?"

Jim continued to play with Kirby while i loaded everything into the car.

"you ready to go?" i asked.

"are you sure you don’t want to bring everything you own with you?" Jim grinned at his smartass comment.

"are you sure you don’t want me to kick you in the nuts?" i glared at him, his expression turned to worried. That would be because he knew that i was being serious and i would actually kick him straight in the nuts; it wouldn’t be the first time.

"okay, okay i take it back" he put his palms up in defence.

"Thats what i thought" i smiled with content "so are you ready to go?"

"Yep, common" he handed me Kirby's lead and walked around to the drivers side as i entered the passenger’s seat; Kirby resting in my lap.

"So where does your mates live? i asked, breaking the silence as we hit the traffic.

"Maryland" he said quietly.

"Oh cool. It will be good to go home for a while" i said not taking notice of the distinct place.

I flicked through the radio channels until i found something good, content with Escape The Fate playing Situations on the radio i began mumbling the tune. I had always had a strong opinion about Ronnie Radke’s arrest and jail sentence, personally i didn’t think that just himself should have been charged but that was my own personal opinion. I sunk down in my chair, resting my head on the seat Kirby playfully bit my fingers.

~

A wet, uncomfortable sensation brushed against my warm cheek several times. I moaned and opened my eyes, seeing Kirby’s face in front of mine her tongue licking my cheek.

“Stop it Kirb, you’re not really letting mum sleep now are you” she just panted and licked her lips; great response.

“How long till were there?” i said, rubbing my hands over my eyes.

“About half an hour but I’m starving so were stopping in about 5 minutes up the road for some grub”

“Good cause i haven’t had anything to eat today if you didn’t realise!”

“Fuck, sorry” he cursed.

“Its okay, I’m sure i can wait 5 more minutes”

“No its not, you’ve been in a coma Al, I’m your brother and supposed to take care of you; not starve you!”

“Jim chill, why are you acting all so protective of me all of a sudden?!”

“I just didn’t like the thought of thinking you could have died, your mum baby sister and you know i would do anything for you. When Denae called me saying there was a bad crash i thought i had lost you, i never want to have that feeling ever again!” he said emphasising his words.

“Now you know how i feel when people call me telling me that you’ve broken your spine trying a front flip on a motorbike, what the hell? Since when did you turn to motors rather than good old foot power?”

“Since i had some good convincing from some mates, you know what I’m like Al. Once I’ve got my mind stuck on something like that i have to at least give it a good shot. I had landed it a few times before that but i just didn’t get the rotation right that time; bit more pressure than i was used to”

“Fair enough” i nodded.

Jim pulled into a little café, I quickly took Kirby to the toilet cleaning up her mess after she had done her business. Taking a seat together at a table outside i tied Kirby’s leash to the table; placing her travel water bowel on the ground filling it with water. Flicking through the menu i decided on a chicken Cesar salad. A young waitress took our orders and brang us our drinks we had ordered previously.

We caught up and filled each other in our lives since we had last seen each other, enjoying our meals after they had come. Once we had finished our lunch we jumped back in the car, my belly full as could be.

Within another 20 minutes we arrived at a large, make that massive property with a gorgeous cream house set perfectly in the scenic yard. This was my type of house, not a typical suburban property with a backyard you can barley fit a clothes line in let alone live a life there. I stretched out my legs and jumped back out of the car, placing Kirby on the ground he tail wagging vividly.

I helped Jim take my gear out of his car and take them to the front door. Jim pulled out his keys and opened the wooden door, replacing my view to the interior of the house. Before i walked in i stopped, i didn’t want to bring Kirby inside she was still a puppy and was still on toilet training.

“Are you coming in or not?” Jim turned to me.

“I don’t want to bring Kirby inside just in case she does her business inside she isn’t 100% toilet trained yet”

“Its okay, i got the guys to turn the laundry into her temporary room for Kirby’s and your stay” he smiled.

“Okay, lead the way! The laundry our first stop”

Jim laughed and preceded into the house, my eyes gazed over the amazing house; it was absoulty stunning. We walked into the laundry, i placed Kirby’s bed on the ground against the wall; putting her blanket down on it. I filled her water bowel to the brim and placed it on the ground along with her food tin which i put 1 and a half cups of her dry food in. Just to be cautious i placed layers upon layers of newspaper down as i knew that if Kirby had to do her business she was well enough trained to go their rather than straight on the floor.

“Be a good girl now and I’ll take you for a walk later okay?” i patted her back and she wagged her tail in excitement.

I closed the door behind me as i walked out, the comfort of the solid thud behind me. I stood there, not knowing where the hell to go now Jim had disappeared and this house was a complete mystery to me. Sighing i pulled out my phone and text Jim.

Where the hell are you? If you didn’t realise i have no idea where i am in this house. I’m at the laundry – hurry up!

I sent the text and waited. A few moments later the thud of a door caught my attention, i peaked around the corner with curiosity. A tall, muscled, blond headed girl walked around a comfortable smiled across her face.

“Hey I’m Jolene, your Jim’s sister Ally right?” she walked up to me.

“Yeah i am, its good to meet you” i smiled.

“Jim’s out with the rest of the guys, obviously not worrying about you” she laughed.

“Oh thats nice of him considering i have no idea where the hell i am”

“Yeah, thats Jim though as you know” she smiled “common I’ll show you to your room”

“Thanks” i picked up my stuff and followed Jolene.

The house was just as large as my expectations, as was my room. I wasn’t expecting anything luxurious but this went beyond that. Jim had already put half of my gear into my new room so i placed the rest of my stuff next to it, i would have to unpack it later.

“So you have a dog hey?” Jolene asked, standing in the doorway.

“Yeah, her names Kirby i can show you her if you want”

“Okay “ she smiled and headed back down the stairs to the laundry.

I opened the door as Kirby playfully bounced towards Jolene and me. Jolene patted and played with her dark fur for a while before placing her back on her bed, standing up and shutting the door behind her.

“So ill take you out and introduce you to everyone”

“Okay awesome”

Jolene gave me a quick tour of the house on the way to the back door where we headed out. We walked outside along the thick green grass, to a large area which looked like a massive foam pit. I seen a group of guys and my noticeable brother.

Seeing you, the conversation seized between the group of guys as they headed towards me and Jolene.

“Okay everyone this is Ally, Jims little sis. Ally this is Andy, Special Greg, Tommy, Erik, Greg and Jeremy”

They all shared a smiled and a ‘hey’ with me as i did to them. I heard a rumble of a engine, everyone peered into the tree’s as my eyes were caught on a yellow Suzuki dirt bike, it gained speed and headed straight for the ramp leading to the foam pit. The bike did a under rotated back flip with a 360 degree twist after it, landing slightly off centre into the foam pit.

As the engine cut tall, lanky figure climbed out of the foam pit sliding down the ramp they had just launched off. They continued to walk towards everyone, including me with a hobble in their step like they had injured themselves recently.

As the person reached us they removed their helmet, my heart sank. All my reality, all my expectations, my lie and everything i had hoped these next 3 weeks would be just landed in the pit of my stomach along with a discomforting churn.

“Ally?” Travis’s sweet yet confused voice spoke, my fingers trembling; clutching each other tight.
♠ ♠ ♠
Dun dun daaa ;3
What do you think will happen next?
How will Travis react?
Send me yours idea's!